BA1 [LHR-JFK] on 8 November 2021

Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by dkeng
Flightradar showed a helicopter hovering around so I’m sure there will be some nice pictures on social media imminently.
That was the Sky News chopper.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:14 am
Kwi

Programs: BAEC - Blue AND Chief Taster for Walkers Crisps
Originally Posted by ianwall
If I VPN to outside the UK, it seems to remove the Telegraph paywall.
How BA is planning to bring back its golden age

https://archive.fo/9CYxh. If in the UK.
ianwall likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Cracking footage on Sky I thought! A good day for TATL aviation and BA I think.

Really interesting to see on FR24 how the 2 aircraft are now on completely different routes over to JFK, looks like VS3 will get there first.

I wonder if they needed special permission to use 27R for a takeoff when it was the designated landing runway this morning/early afternoon?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Wish I was on the virgin. At least theyd get a choice of starter and dessert in J
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
FR24 playback, from 08:30 for the 08:50 departure :

https://www.flightradar24.com/2021-1...51.47,-0.46/14
crazy8534 and stevebintley like this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:28 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Event on the terrace of the CCR this morning as well - assume it was part of the BA1 celebrations - must have been 10 BA senior staff present. Fortunately it's re-opened now as the CCR is decidedly busier than it has been in the last few weeks. GF was rammed so numbers are certainly ticking up!
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:42 am

Jump to 1:05 for the juicy bit

According to Flight Radar, Virgin is winning and are 30 mins ahead of the estimated arrival time.
mikeyfly and TTmex like this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Nice to see the first passenger A388 take off a few minutes before too, to be followed by another A388 being hauled to T5.

All in all, a happy morning that many of us have been looking forward to for a long time.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by flybymonkey
Jump to 1:05 for the juicy bit

This one is much better :

Old Nov 8, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Also a rather cool view from LHR ATC tower.

Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
VS the first to lift off, had a more sprightly climb and is now tracking 30mph faster at the same altitude, FL380. Synchronous of the inflight service
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
JFK is already going to be more crowded than usual for a Monday this time of year because it’s NYC Marathon getaway day. (Race was yesterday)

So no, Americans as a whole haven’t gotten more feeble since March 2020; you’re just getting the ones who trashed their legs yesterday and might be walking down stairs backwards because of it.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CKBA
I anticipate a number of cases of pax on TATL flights unwilling to wear masks - likely to end badly for them upon arrival in the US. Having done numerous internal US flights over the last year the 'riot act' is read out before departure - no mask, no fly... any non-compliance will be dealt with by federal authorities. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.
Indeed - this flight was a Gatwick departure however and was quite the difference compared to Heathrow crew who are very on it with enforcing mask wearing.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Looks like VS will have to go into a hold to wait for BA at JFK, it's now 30 mins ahead. Must've got the much better jetstream.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Looks like VS will have to go into a hold to wait for BA at JFK, it's now 30 mins ahead. Must've got the much better jetstream.
Originally Posted by Longton
... says Doyle. But then he pauses and adds that the moment the two jets land in JFK “it will be back to competition, taking each other on as usual. It will be intense.”
Perish the thought that VS might just seize the opportunity push the lever forward a bit and get massive publicity by being "first across the Atlantic" over their arch rivals. Not that such a publicity-shy company would ever do such a thing, eh ? ....
TraumaDoc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.