FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA's YVR lounge(s)? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2056031-bas-yvr-lounge-s.html)

Radtel Oct 19, 2021 7:52 am

BA's YVR lounge(s)?

Has anybody flown out of YVR in the last month? Was there a lounge that was available for BA's passengers (gold, silver, business)?

I have a flight to LHR (the only place that we can fly BA) in a few weeks. I was just trying to organize what I can do while waiting.

I asked BA about their lounge but they basically said 'watch this space'.

Cheers

mikeyfly Oct 19, 2021 7:58 am

The oneworld website lounge search is updated regularly and seems to be accurate

Airport Lounges: oneworld Lounges & Airport Lounge Access | oneworld

I'd keep checking there, and of course on the main lounge thread here.... BA lounges : COVID-19 closures and reopenings - FlyerTalk Forums

Radtel Oct 19, 2021 9:26 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 33657012)
The oneworld website lounge search is updated regularly and seems to be accurate

Airport Lounges: oneworld Lounges & Airport Lounge Access | oneworld

I'd keep checking there, and of course on the main lounge thread here.... BA lounges : COVID-19 closures and reopenings - FlyerTalk Forums

Thanks Mikefly.I have noticed that the Oneworld website list Cathay Pacific and Plaza Premium as being temporarily closed. I think that Cathay's is closed. However, Plaza Premium (according to their site https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...nal-departures ) is open. I often check the Oneworld site for other lounges. Always makes me wonder how often they update their site.

In any case thanks for your input.

The _Banking_Scot Oct 19, 2021 9:44 am

Hi

However from the site it says it is only open 1030 to 1400 wed and Thurs so no use to the Ba flights

Regards

Tbs

M Singh Oct 19, 2021 12:58 pm

Flew out of YVR two weeks ago. BA lounge is closed, as is CX and AC. Plaza Premium was also closed. Skyteam lounge was the only one open, and you could buy access to it for US $20, regardless of airline flown.

Mordac Oct 19, 2021 1:08 pm

Flew in late September, and could use plaza premium with amex plat if you have it. *Not* the one on the international section of the terminal, but security had been changed in such a way that you had free access to the standard one, although that was more like a cafe than a lounge (i.e., it wasn't a separate room, it was just a cordoned off area! very lame).

SKYEG Oct 19, 2021 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mordac (Post 33658008)
Flew in late September, and could use plaza premium with amex plat if you have it. *Not* the one on the international section of the terminal, but security had been changed in such a way that you had free access to the standard one, although that was more like a cafe than a lounge (i.e., it wasn't a separate room, it was just a cordoned off area! very lame).

Priority pass got rid of Plaza Premium access in July. Are you saying you can get into Plaza Premium with just an Amex Platinum card now? For free? How do they verify, just a flash of the card or do they actually process info from the platinum card? This is news to me.

I'm currently using a Visa, which dragon pass partnered with, so that I can get into Plaza Premium free during the transition period. The priority pass I got with Amex Plat DOES NOT get access to Plaza Premium anymore.

sofasurfer Oct 19, 2021 9:05 pm

You can indeed access Priority Pass lounges with your Amex Plat card. I did this at YVR yesterday, and YYZ last Wednesday (both domestic, but I understand it's the same policy for all their lounges now).

The main PP YVR domestic lounge is a few minutes away from the cafe style one. Although they claim the f&b offerings are the same at both, I prefer heading up to the main location (even if I'm flying AC and have a longer schlep to the gate). They have a very nice pale ale from Bomber brewery on tap (and some other craft lager, IIRC). Food was pretty decent, too.

SKYEG Oct 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by sofasurfer (Post 33659088)
You can indeed access Priority Pass lounges with your Amex Plat card. I did this at YVR yesterday, and YYZ last Wednesday (both domestic, but I understand it's the same policy for all their lounges now).

The main PP YVR domestic lounge is a few minutes away from the cafe style one. Although they claim the f&b offerings are the same at both, I prefer heading up to the main location (even if I'm flying AC and have a longer schlep to the gate). They have a very nice pale ale from Bomber brewery on tap (and some other craft lager, IIRC). Food was pretty decent, too.

The only lounge open right now in YVR accessible with priority pass is the SkyTeam in INTL. YYZ, only the Air France also in INTL.

This is very surprising news to me. You are the first person I know that has been granted access since the changes.

Looks like you can use AMEX Plat card temporarily to get into Plaza Premium lounges, but NOT Priority Pass... Good news! Thanks for sharing. Do you know how many guests or if any allowed? I wish I knew this earlier.... ugh!!! Wasted time registering the Visa through DragonPass lol

sofasurfer Oct 20, 2021 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG (Post 33659114)
Looks like you can use AMEX Plat card temporarily to get into Plaza Premium lounges, but NOT Priority Pass...

Pretty sure this is a permanent thing. I'm not aware of this being temporary.
I believe it's one guest permitted with the Amex plat card. Just checked on the Amex lounge finder, which confirmed it (and lists all the Plaza Premium lounges - FWIW, I think they've always been accessible with the plat card... Having Priority Pass as well made it moot. Think my work Diners Club card gets me in, too, but I've not used that for yonks)

SKYEG Oct 20, 2021 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by sofasurfer (Post 33661989)
Pretty sure this is a permanent thing. I'm not aware of this being temporary.
I believe it's one guest permitted with the Amex plat card. Just checked on the Amex lounge finder, which confirmed it (and lists all the Plaza Premium lounges - FWIW, I think they've always been accessible with the plat card... Having Priority Pass as well made it moot. Think my work Diners Club card gets me in, too, but I've not used that for yonks)

Hi sofasurfer, you were indeed correct. Amex offers the "global lounge collection" , which includes Plaza Premium access. I had no clue this came with my Amex Plat, I thought just priority pass(which included Plaza Premium) and centurion. All these years... I've always used the Priority Pass for Plaza Premium access LOL

Can you get into the Delta Skyclub NOT flying Delta with just an Amex Plat?!?! This is also huge news to me.

Good info, thanks again everyone!

https://www.americanexpress.com/idc/...ollection.html

Radtel Oct 25, 2021 7:51 am

I see that One World has updated YVR to show that Plaza Premium Lounge is now open and available to qualifying BA passengers. I will find out soon and update this.

willphillipson Oct 25, 2021 9:29 am

Also, be aware, if you're taking the BA flight out which departs late at night, many - if not most - of the restaurants and stores in the international departures area are closed. When I went through YVR about a month ago, duty-free was open at first, and only the subway sandwich shop was open for food or drink. Nothing else! So make sure you eat and drink before you go through security!

Curly Oct 25, 2021 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Radtel (Post 33672430)
I see that One World has updated YVR to show that Plaza Premium Lounge is now open and available to qualifying BA passengers. I will find out soon and update this.

We are on the BA84 tonight and can confirm the Plaza Premium lounge is being used by BA.

We were issued a lounge invitation at check in

Radtel Oct 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Curly (Post 33674181)
We are on the BA84 tonight and can confirm the Plaza Premium lounge is being used by BA.

We were issued a lounge invitation at check in

Thanks for letting us know.

We are on the same flight in a few days. So, that is one less question to be answered.

Have a great flight!