Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has BA Ceased offering Armed Forces Discount?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR

I have noticed for some weeks now that BA is no longer offering an online Armed Forces discount. Their company name has quietly dropped off the Defence Discount Service website. Anyone know if this is a deliberate move? Provision of the discount is a condition of their binding commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant.
Tocsin likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
I noticed the link and password didn't work a few weeks ago - I hoped it was a (typical) BA IT glitch...
Old Oct 10, 2021, 4:37 am

Same with Virgin Atlantic, both are currently missing from DDS web site.
I did notice a couple of months ago my saved link wasn’t working, but DDS still had a link, but was then different to the one saved
Old Oct 10, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Having just booked a flight using the discount, the direct link still works to the Military Service fares (and if you know the password that was formerly promulaged on DDS):
Tocsin, Becky Broad and Tabz1973. like this.

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Oct 21, 2021 at 3:40 am
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I suspect this is just the expiry date timed out on the DDS side. If you message them they will likely confirm with BA and then reinstate the link. It has happened a number of times before and it is just how DDS stores its offers with an expiry date, this was they ensure the offers are current.

I’ve still been booking flights with the link no issues (it’s in my bookmarks so I rarely go via DDS in any case).
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
When this thread first came out, I tried the links and it fell over. I forced my way through to the password screen and it was no-go there too, it was if the Closed User Group - which is what this discount amounts to - had been closed off. I'm a member of another CUG and I know what that looks like, it also falls over from time to time. I was going to make some enquiries on Monday about this. The login now looks OK, other than in the DDS listings the link has gone for some reason. But that's not unusual - DDS has its own issues from time to time. I can see and apparently purchase discounted rates. As with all CUGs, it's best to first log in normally to your BAEC account, then log in to the the CUG.

So IT glitch I would say.
Tocsin likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
Having just booked a flight using the discount, the direct link still works to the Military Service fares (and if you know the password that was formerly promulaged on DDS):

Linky: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...749&eId=111042
Promulgated..what a pure MoD word :-)
Keystone likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:54 pm

Please can somebody send me the password as I don't have it. Thanks

Originally Posted by argonath
Promulgated..what a pure MoD word :-)
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Georgie Hobson

Please can somebody send me the password as I don't have it. Thanks
You have a DM.
argonath likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:37 am

BA DDS Discount

You have a DM.
last time I saw a similar post (on another website) I could still see the DDS link. I just logged in and, sure enough. It is not there. From memory it just says you have to call to get the discount. Has this changed?

I also had a wave of nostalgia due to the word promulgated!
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Definitas
last time I saw a similar post (on another website) I could still see the DDS link. I just logged in and, sure enough. It is not there. From memory it just says you have to call to get the discount. Has this changed?

I also had a wave of nostalgia due to the word promulgated!

If DDS members know or had bookmarked the latest direct DDS/BA weblink and can recall the password, then the offer is still available online (there is a technical problem between BA and DDS hence it not being currently available on the Defence Discount Service). It should return as the discount is still a promulgated Armed Forces Covenant commitment from BA (see para 2.1 of their Covenant pledge):

https://assets.publishing.service.go...t_20161007.pdf

It has always been via a direct weblink from DDS to BA and the offer was not generally available over the phone. Infact item 10 of the t&c’s states:

When Virgin Atlantic had an Armed Forces Covenant discount pledge, their offer was only available via the telephone. However Virgin Atlantic removed their entire covenant pledge and haven’t as yet re-signed up to it.

Barney
Old Oct 29, 2021, 12:34 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat

When Virgin Atlantic had an Armed Forces Covenant discount pledge, their offer was only available via the telephone. However Virgin Atlantic removed their entire covenant pledge and haven’t as yet re-signed up to it.

Barney
Surely Mr Branson ,if he is not too busy bouncing off the walls of his space craft, could be shamed into supporting our serving and former-serving people. Maybe time to drop a line (very old fashoned) or post a few things on twitter to this effect ?
vthebee and BarneyMcGrew like this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 2:36 am

Could someone send me the password. Still not sorted on the DDS side.

many thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Paul9619
Could someone send me the password. Still not sorted on the DDS side.

many thanks.
Will send you a private message shortly.

Barney
Old Nov 6, 2021, 3:55 am

Will send you a private message shortly.

Barney
Many thanks Barney

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.