Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has BA Ceased offering Armed Forces Discount?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has BA Ceased offering Armed Forces Discount?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
The password hasn't changed.

Having this morning booked a Club World flight to the USA for November I found the discount worked fine vs the 'normal' BA fare.

Have you cleared your cookies/browsing history etc between searches on the the 'normal' BA website and searches on the discounted website - if not this can sometimes affect the displayed fares on the discounted website as it remembers the normal BA fares?

Barney
Unfortunately tried that and tried using incognito and both Web and mobile, nothing doing. Return from LHR to ORD £553.26 with and without the military fares portal (also going in November so I guess we can rule out a date cut off)

Perhaps certain routes are now excluded
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
"Basic" fares don't get a discount, and never have done, it needs to be either a ticket with baggage or WTP and above. Also AA (etc) operated services. Sometimes playing around with MAN/NCL/GLA/INV start points triggers a fare which is lower than Basic.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
"Basic" fares don't get a discount, and never have done, it needs to be either a ticket with baggage or WTP and above. Sometimes playing around with MAN/NCL/GLA/INV start points triggers a fare which is lower than Basic.
Yeah its baggage fares im looking at (cant even select basic fares on the military fare portal I don't think?)

I'll have a play and see what happens
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
As the BA offer details have again disappeared from the DDS website and app (BA is still listed on DDS but without details included - it just shows 'no offers available'), I will contact you later via PM. The offer on DDS was promulgated to expire on 1st June 2022 - hence it seems to have expired - yet again!

I will raise this issue with DDS directly and also via the veterans chain of command as it is still a live Armed Forces Corporate Covenant commitment.

For those who heeded my previous advise on this thread to bookmark the direct link and note the password, the BA offer is still live and working.

Barney
Slap on the wrist for me. I have my DDS login and I have the password but I didn't bookmark the direct link and now it seems unavailable from the DDS site itself. Would someone kindly PM me the direct link please?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by golfmad
Slap on the wrist for me. I have my DDS login and I have the password but I didn't bookmark the direct link and now it seems unavailable from the DDS site itself. Would someone kindly PM me the direct link please?
PM sent.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 5:45 pm

PM sent
please could someone send me the password. I can’t remember what it was
thanks
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Becky Broad
please could someone send me the password. I can’t remember what it was
thanks
PM sent.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I love this bit from Virgin's military discount T&Cs "or the last 4 digits of your Service Number, found on your MOD90." If you need to check your MoD90 for your service number you must still be in week 1 of basic training
bakera and aks120 like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:56 am

PM sent.

I wanted to book flights last month, but couldn't. Went to book yesterday, cleared the cookies and cleared the DDS website. Submitted a support message on DDS but their emails states up to 14 days to reply.

Any chance anyone could send me the link? Sorry.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Oldeo
I wanted to book flights last month, but couldn't. Went to book yesterday, cleared the cookies and cleared the DDS website. Submitted a support message on DDS but their emails states up to 14 days to reply.

Any chance anyone could send me the link? Sorry.
PM sent
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:35 am

Have sent you a private message.
Hi all, realising I'm coming back to this message in 2022 I figured DDS links/passwords have changed. Still no sign of BA on the DDS app, although I have raised a ticket to check. If anyone has a password that is working (the link still works for me), I'd be grateful if you're able to share this - many thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Emily09
Hi all, realising I'm coming back to this message in 2022 I figured DDS links/passwords have changed. Still no sign of BA on the DDS app, although I have raised a ticket to check. If anyone has a password that is working (the link still works for me), I'd be grateful if you're able to share this - many thanks.
PM Sent
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Silver
Hi all, could some kind person send me the link please. I have the password.

Much appreciated

Tom
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by wemorwell
Hi all, could some kind person send me the link please. I have the password.

Much appreciated

Tom
PM sent
wemorwell likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:56 am

Hi, please could someone send me the link and the password. I do have a DDS account but noticed it’s showing no BA offers available on the site.

Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.