FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Has BA Ceased offering Armed Forces Discount? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2054949-has-ba-ceased-offering-armed-forces-discount.html)

Jeedos May 13, 2022 9:15 am

Originally Posted by bakera (Post 34246733)
yes, the code is the password.

got it. Thanks very much.

Hannah Charlotte Green Jun 6, 2022 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew (Post 33632248)
Having just booked a flight using the discount, the direct link still works to the Military Service fares (and if you know the password that was formerly promulaged on DDS):

Hi, I am happy to provide MOD email address, would you please share the password for the link I already have saved but cannot remember the password? Many thanks!

BarneyMcGrew Jun 6, 2022 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Hannah Charlotte Green (Post 34312920)
Hi, I am happy to provide MOD email address, would you please share the password for the link I already have saved but cannot remember the password? Many thanks!

As the BA offer details have again disappeared from the DDS website and app (BA is still listed on DDS but without details included - it just shows 'no offers available'), I will contact you later via PM. The offer on DDS was promulgated to expire on 1st June 2022 - hence it seems to have expired - yet again!

I will raise this issue with DDS directly and also via the veterans chain of command as it is still a live Armed Forces Corporate Covenant commitment.

For those who heeded my previous advise on this thread to bookmark the direct link and note the password, the BA offer is still live and working.

Barney

starlight Jun 7, 2022 2:18 am

Could you also raise that Land Rover have quietly dropped their discount as well 😉

Jeedos Jun 7, 2022 3:26 am

For those of you who still work within our 'department' a quick bing search on our default browser will yield a result if you search for 'ba military service fares'.

Then enter the DDS code and it will still work.
Fyi, as I've just discovered, the discount only works on economy standard fares or higher - there's no hope of trying to get an even cheaper hand baggage only fare. (With taxes, charges and operating costs - there's no hope of anything cheaper than £60-70 return from the UK on a BA short haul fare). (I'm planning a weekend to Milan later this year).

Fares booked with this discount DO work with British Airways Best Price Guarantee too.

Kat Mary Jun 8, 2022 11:56 am

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew (Post 34313815)
As the BA offer details have again disappeared from the DDS website and app (BA is still listed on DDS but without details included - it just shows 'no offers available'), I will contact you later via PM. The offer on DDS was promulgated to expire on 1st June 2022 - hence it seems to have expired - yet again!

I will raise this issue with DDS directly and also via the veterans chain of command as it is still a live Armed Forces Corporate Covenant commitment.

For those who heeded my previous advise on this thread to bookmark the direct link and note the password, the BA offer is still live and working.

Barney

Hi Barney,
​​​​​​Could you please send me a message with the password? I can reply with the relevant info you need.

Many thanks!

Katharine
​​

AlanA Jun 8, 2022 2:05 pm

Ok, I know this isn’t BA, but I asked Virgin if they woukd be coming back on the DDS and got this reply 31st may 22:

Hi, we are able to offer a MOD discount for new bookings. Few things to note:

- The Defence Discount Member that is entitled to the discount must be travelling in the party.
- Discounted tickets can only be purchased via the Virgin Atlantic Customer Service Centre
- MOD discounts are only available on Virgin Atlantic operated (prime) flights and VS* DL operated flights.
- The discounts are not available on any other codeshare flights.
- Economy Light Service is not applicable for MOD Fares
- Customers cannot book MOD fares to Cuba.
- Fares are available on all VS UK departing routes (except Cuba)
- Connecting flights are only available on flights connecting to Caribbean, USA and Canada.
- MOD Fares are return fares only and are not applicable for one way flights
- The membership for the Defence Discount Service is available to Serving Forces, Veterans, Reserve Forces, Spouse/Partner of serving forces, War/Service Widow(er)s, Bereaved family members, MOD Civil Servants, NATO Personnel UK and Cadet Forces
- At the time of booking you must provide a valid DDS (Defence Discount Membership) Number or the last 4 digits of your Service Number, found on your MOD90
- Without the DDS Number the booking cannot be made and you will need to contact us back
- If the Defence Discount Membership number or Service number is not valid, Virgin Atlantic will claim the full fare from yourself
- The discount is valid for bookings up to 9 passengers.
- The discount offered is before taxes, fees and charges.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or deal
- Discounts is for new bookings only.
- You must provide us with the booking code obtained from the DDS website.
- MOD fares are available for members of the Defence Discount Service only. Please visit the Defence Discount Service website for further details if you are not a member

https://virg.in/4QuC

BarneyMcGrew Jun 8, 2022 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kat Mary (Post 34318355)
Hi Barney,
​​​​​​Could you please send me a message with the password? I can reply with the relevant info you need.

Many thanks!

Katharine
​​

You have a private message.

bubblehead10 Jun 10, 2022 8:08 am

Hi, ex-RN here trying to access the BA discount however, as others have pointed out, while BA is still shown on the DDS website, there is no code or offer shown. Please can someone send me the passcode mentioned in this thread?

Happy to prove my access to DDS.

Thank you,

BarneyMcGrew Jun 10, 2022 8:23 am

Originally Posted by bubblehead10 (Post 34323541)
Hi, ex-RN here trying to access the BA discount however, as others have pointed out, while BA is still shown on the DDS website, there is no code or offer shown. Please can someone send me the passcode mentioned in this thread?

Happy to prove my access to DDS.

Thank you,

You have a private message

snaxmuppet Jun 10, 2022 9:30 am

Can't find BA on the DDS web site... so don't have the code.

Could some kind soul help me out please?

snaxmuppet Jun 10, 2022 12:14 pm

BTW... I didn't mention that I will of course provide the evidence that have a valid DDS account :)

BarneyMcGrew Jun 11, 2022 5:11 am

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet (Post 34324433)
BTW... I didn't mention that I will of course provide the evidence that have a valid DDS account :)

Apologies for the delay - am currently travelling.

Will PM you shortly.

samcunian Jun 13, 2022 7:32 am

Hi! I'm a member of the DDS and whilst I didn't note down the password from the recent window (up to Jun 1 22) I do remember the password from the last couple of years, assuming its unchanged, I'm also finding that I'm not getting any discount (flights to US, economy with baggage, on BA metal) - same price as booking outside of the DDS/military portal :(

Unless the password has changed but the original still allows access to booking but not discounts perhaps

BarneyMcGrew Jun 13, 2022 7:47 am

Originally Posted by samcunian (Post 34331604)
Hi! I'm a member of the DDS and whilst I didn't note down the password from the recent window (up to Jun 1 22) I do remember the password from the last couple of years, assuming its unchanged, I'm also finding that I'm not getting any discount (flights to US, economy with baggage, on BA metal) - same price as booking outside of the DDS/military portal :(

Unless the password has changed but the original still allows access to booking but not discounts perhaps

The password hasn't changed.

Having this morning booked a Club World flight to the USA for November I found the discount worked fine vs the 'normal' BA fare.

Have you cleared your cookies/browsing history etc between searches on the the 'normal' BA website and searches on the discounted website - if not this can sometimes affect the displayed fares on the discounted website as it remembers the normal BA fares?

Barney