Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has BA Ceased offering Armed Forces Discount?

Has BA Ceased offering Armed Forces Discount?

Old Jan 6, 22, 1:42 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Seems a bit bizarre and arbitrary that the "offer" doesn't include all the cabins. Also, I priced up a return to Riyadh in WTP last night given I needed to change my flight this weekend and got different results.

1) I rang up to change my RUH flight as couldn't do it online - original fare was £843 GBP and the new fare was £842. Guy on the phone suggested that because the new fare was cheaper, then BA.com has issues with this hence why I had to phone (seems BA.com not good at refunding the 81p I was due ??)

2) When he tried to change/re-issue the ticket he told me there was an additional £16 in taxes. I asked him why and pointed out the £842 fare online. He couldn't tell me why there was an additional £16 GBP so I took the evoucher to book online and avoid the £16

3) I checked the DDS pricing for WTP and the fare (which shows as discounted on ba.com) is £805 GBP so clearly there is some sort of discount for WTP with DDS even if the T&C's say otherwise
Old Mar 1, 22, 2:55 pm

Password

Could someone kindly dm me the password as both me and my partner can’t find it on dds. Thanks
Old Mar 1, 22, 4:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Lauren Collins View Post
Could someone kindly dm me the password as both me and my partner can’t find it on dds. Thanks
Can you login to DDS? If so it is clealry visible - though DDS has its outages too occasionally. If you do Search and then in the Phrase area on the right, just enter British and then hopefully all will be clear. By all means clarify anything that appears to be blocking you.
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Mar 18, 22, 6:49 am

I have tried sending you a PM and bounced as 'not receiving private messages'. Happy to share the password with a veteran?
Old Mar 18, 22, 6:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
To maintain the scheme's success, it's best to follow the advice given above, which we know to be correct. Any veteran or reservist who has gone through registration will be able to get access quite easily and there are some bad actors in this space. Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum tusker13.
Old Mar 18, 22, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. ihg Spire Elite. Hilton Honors Diamond. Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by tusker13 View Post
I have tried sending you a PM and bounced as 'not receiving private messages'. Happy to share the password with a veteran?
Tusker,

The link and password are available to all bonafide veterans who join the Defence Discount Service:

https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/index.php

Edit: Sorry CWS, your post wasn't there when I started typing!

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Mar 18, 22 at 7:08 am
Old Apr 19, 22, 10:25 am

Password please for BA flights

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew View Post
Will send you a private message shortly.

Barney
Hi Barney McGrew could you please send me the password.

Thankyou!
Old Apr 19, 22, 10:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Jade Hutchinson View Post
Hi Barney McGrew could you please send me the password.
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew View Post

The link and password are available to all bonafide veterans who join the Defence Discount Service:

https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/index.php
Old Apr 19, 22, 11:23 am

BA discount

I am a certified member. I have tried it on the app and website and it asks for a password
Old Apr 19, 22, 11:35 am

I am a certified member. I have tried it on the app and website and it asks for a password
Yes, but the DDS Offer screen gives that password before you click through to the BA website. So if we do this step by step
- login in to DDS
- Search by company or phrase
- in the phrase box enter in British
- press search now
- a series of boxes come up, the second one should be British Airways
- Click Go To Offer
- under the section marked "Online offer" in cyan
- Read the third paragraph starting "To make use"

If you get stuck just let me know where exactly and I can give more specific advice. But the short version is that if you see a BA screen asking for a password, you need the screen before that.
aks120 and argonath like this.
Old Apr 19, 22, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. ihg Spire Elite. Hilton Honors Diamond. Radisson Gold
If you log into DDS and select the BA offer (either app or website), before you press the green 'click herre to visit website' box the password is immediately above the green box. under the 'How to Claim' header

Edit - sorry CWS your response wasn't there when I started typing!
Old May 13, 22, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver IHG Diamond Ambassador Hilton Diamond
Hi Barney, civil servant here, can I request the password please? (I know the discount code from DDS) - but I would like to obtain the initial password in order to proceed before making a booking. Many thanks.
Old May 13, 22, 8:11 am

Can I invite you to look at the two previous posts, 85 and 86, and let us know where you are getting stuck?
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old May 13, 22, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver IHG Diamond Ambassador Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Can I invite you to look at the two previous posts, 85 and 86, and let us know where you are getting stuck?
I go onto the DDS App, I open British Airways, I know what the discount code is; the link takes me to a British Airways site which has ‘Military Service Fares’ at the top right. I do not know what the password is to enter the website in order to make a booking.

or is the code available within DDS - the code I need to enter as the password?
Old May 13, 22, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by Jeedos View Post
I go onto the DDS App, I open British Airways, I know what the discount code is; the link takes me to a British Airways site which has ‘Military Service Fares’ at the top right. I do not know what the password is to enter the website in order to make a booking.

or is the code available within DDS - the code I need to enter as the password?
yes, the code is the password.

Search this Thread