Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has BA Ceased offering Armed Forces Discount?

Has BA Ceased offering Armed Forces Discount?

Old Nov 23, 21, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew View Post
Dear BA forum members,

As per the t&cís of the BA/Defence Discount Service (DDS) discount offer (and BAís wider Armed Forces Corporate Covenant commitment), the discount is only available to members of the Defence Discount Service and/or HM Armed Forces/Ministry of Defence staff.

Sorry to have to say this, but I am receiving a number of PMís/messages from people requesting the DDS/BA discount link/password who are obviously not DDS members or members of HM Armed Forces/MOD staff.

To be clear, if you request the link and/or password, you will be asked a question that only bona-fide DDS members can answer before you will receive the offer link/password details.

Alternatively, the link/password can be sent to an official MOD (@mod.gov.uk) e-mail address.

I am happy to forward the link/password details to entitled personnel once entitlement is established, but if you are not so entitled, please do not ask for the link/password.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Barney.
Hi. Are you able to PM me password? Happy to answer a DDS question. Thank you
Old Nov 23, 21, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. ihg Spire Elite. Hilton Honors Diamond. Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by neilpick950 View Post
Hi. Are you able to PM me password? Happy to answer a DDS question. Thank you
You have a private message.
Old Nov 23, 21, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi Barney, please could you send me a PM with the DDS question as cannot access the link as well. Thank you kindly.
Old Nov 23, 21, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by FIRSTclstraveller View Post
Hi Barney, please could you send me a PM with the DDS question as cannot access the link as well. Thank you kindly.
You have a private message.
Old Nov 23, 21, 11:19 am

Wasn't sure BA did this so it's nice! Could I be provided with a password, happy to provide proof of service.
Old Nov 23, 21, 11:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It is important to be a member of DDS first before asking here. DDS has its own joining criteria and that is the starting point. I hope all those who have been asking have also been in touch with DDS to remind them to reinstate the link. They took it off since it wasn't reliably working - well we all know what BA's IT is like - but it's better to show up in their catalogue than not.
argonath and BarneyMcGrew like this.
Old Nov 23, 21, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Damo90 View Post
Wasn't sure BA did this so it's nice! Could I be provided with a password, happy to provide proof of service.
You will have a Private Message shortly.
Old Nov 26, 21, 3:02 am

Password

You have a DM.
please can I have the password
found it don't worry

Last edited by Ladymama.; Nov 26, 21 at 4:10 am
Old Nov 26, 21, 2:05 pm

Hi BarneyMcGrew

Whats the chance of the you know what in my DM's

Happy to answer the relevant questions. EX RE
Old Nov 26, 21, 4:44 pm

Hi Barney,

Would you be able to send me the password as well?

Wanted to make use of the discount today and then couldn't find it on DDS anymore...

Thank you so much!!
Old Nov 27, 21, 4:08 am

Dear BA forum members,

As per the t&cís of the BA/Defence Discount Service (DDS) discount offer (and BAís wider Armed Forces Corporate Covenant commitment), the discount is only available to members of the Defence Discount Service and/or HM Armed Forces/Ministry of Defence staff.

Sorry to have to say this, but I am receiving a number of PMís/messages from people requesting the DDS/BA discount link/password who are obviously not DDS members or members of HM Armed Forces/MOD staff.

To be clear, if you request the link and/or password, you will be asked a question that only bona-fide DDS members can answer before you will receive the offer link/password details.

Alternatively, the link/password can be sent to an official MOD (@mod.gov.uk) e-mail address.

I am happy to forward the link/password details to entitled personnel once entitlement is established, but if you are not so entitled, please do not ask for the link/password.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Barney.
please can you send password to me. Happy to go to my MOD email as per your message
Old Nov 27, 21, 4:14 am

Programs: BA executive
Hi Barney, any chance I could get the password too please. Happy to answer DdS question or use my modnet address. Thank you.

(or anyone else that is happy to pass on) trying to book for Christmas and couldnít find the code.
Old Nov 27, 21, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Mark Hextall View Post
Hi BarneyMcGrew

Whats the chance of the you know what in my DM's

Happy to answer the relevant questions. EX RE
Originally Posted by Celinee View Post
Hi Barney,

Would you be able to send me the password as well?

Wanted to make use of the discount today and then couldn't find it on DDS anymore...

Thank you so much!!
Originally Posted by Elly Shipley View Post
please can you send password to me. Happy to go to my MOD email as per your message
Originally Posted by Herkybird View Post
Hi Barney, any chance I could get the password too please. Happy to answer DdS question or use my modnet address. Thank you.

(or anyone else that is happy to pass on) trying to book for Christmas and couldnít find the code.
Private Messages sent.
Old Nov 27, 21, 10:05 am

Could you also DM me, please. Husband and I are both DDS members and happy to provide any confirmation
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Nov 29, 21, 1:08 pm

BA password

PM sent
Hi Barney, sorry to also be a pain. I'm serving RAF and also having same issue. Could you PM me as well please? Thanks!
BarneyMcGrew likes this.

Search this Thread