Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has BA Ceased offering Armed Forces Discount?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has BA Ceased offering Armed Forces Discount?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:19 am

Unfortunately I'm finding that the military service fares are now exactly the same as the normal fares with no discount applied.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:23 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by ayyong
Unfortunately I'm finding that the military service fares are now exactly the same as the normal fares with no discount applied.
I have sent you a PM in response to yours.

The offer only applies (as per the t&c's I sent previously) to Euro/World Traveller (not HBO) and Club Euro/World and on BA operated metal only - not on codeshares on AA metal etc. Nor BA Holidays.

Barney.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
PM's sent.
could I also be sent the password,
many thanks 🤙🏻
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA
The link I have to the Military Service Fares page now says “We regret that the special discount offer is currently unavailable” and password I have (granted it’s from 2019) doesn’t work.

Am I looking at the wrong site?
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:30 am

Dear BA forum members,

As per the t&c’s of the BA/Defence Discount Service (DDS) discount offer (and BA’s wider Armed Forces Corporate Covenant commitment), the discount is only available to members of the Defence Discount Service and/or HM Armed Forces/Ministry of Defence staff.

Sorry to have to say this, but I am receiving a number of PM’s/messages from people requesting the DDS/BA discount link/password who are obviously not DDS members or members of HM Armed Forces/MOD staff.

To be clear, if you request the link and/or password, you will be asked a question that only bona-fide DDS members can answer before you will receive the offer link/password details.

Alternatively, the link/password can be sent to an official MOD (@mod.gov.uk) e-mail address.

I am happy to forward the link/password details to entitled personnel once entitlement is established, but if you are not so entitled, please do not ask for the link/password.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Barney.
aks120, golfmad, MrPie and 2 others like this.

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Nov 16, 2021 at 12:35 am
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:35 am

Dear BA forum members,

As per the t&c’s of the BA/Defence Discount Service (DDS) discount offer (and BA’s wider Armed Forces Corporate Covenant commitment), the discount is only available to members of the Defence Discount Service and/or HM Armed Forces/Ministry of Defence staff.

Sorry to have to say this, but I am receiving a number of PM’s/messages from people requesting the DDS/BA discount link/password who are obviously not DDS members or members of HM Armed Forces/MOD staff.

To be clear, if you request the link and/or password, you will be asked a question that only bona-fide DDS members can answer before you will receive the offer link/password details.

Alternatively, the link/password can be sent to an official MOD (@mod.gov.uk) e-mail address.

I am happy to forward the link/password details to entitled personnel once entitlement is established, but if you are not so entitled, please do not ask for it.

Barney.
Barney,
completely understand, I’m more than happy to answer questions about dds as I’m on leave and don’t have access to a Mod net terminal
Sean
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Sean_1650
Barney,
completely understand, I’m more than happy to answer questions about dds as I’m on leave and don’t have access to a Mod net terminal
Sean
It wasn't aimed at you Sean. You will have a PM shortly.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:27 am

Dear BA forum members,

I am happy to forward the link/password details to entitled personnel once entitlement is established, but if you are not so entitled, please do not ask for the link/password.

Barney.
Hi barney,

I completely forgot to check FT and reply back to your PM.

Have PM'ed back with appropriate checks/email.

Cheers pal
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:39 am

Could you please send me the code too? Thanks & REgards

I will send you a private message in a short while.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Will Matthews
Could you please send me the code too? Thanks & REgards
I have sent you a private message.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:14 am

Hi Barney,
please can you send me the password. Happy to answer DD question.
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: DDS
Dear BA forum members,

Barney.
Hi Barney, would you be able to dm me the code/link too? I have a DDS card but never needed to book with BA before so never bookmarked the link.

Thank you for any help
F
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by francesca_parrotta
Hi Barney, would you be able to dm me the code/link too? I have a DDS card but never needed to book with BA before so never bookmarked the link.

Thank you for any help
F
You have a private message..
Old Nov 21, 2021, 8:35 am

DDS BA Discount Code

Hi Barney,

Thanks for the help you're offering with the DDS discount code. I've just joined DDS after speaking to BA about MOD discount. They told me to book through the DDS website but the link isn't there. I've subsequently found your thread. I'm happy to provide proof of DDS membership if you could send me a PM that I can reply to, rather than me posting on an open thread.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Chapsters
Old Nov 21, 2021, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Chapsters
Hi Barney,

Thanks for the help you're offering with the DDS discount code. I've just joined DDS after speaking to BA about MOD discount. They told me to book through the DDS website but the link isn't there. I've subsequently found your thread. I'm happy to provide proof of DDS membership if you could send me a PM that I can reply to, rather than me posting on an open thread.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Chapsters
You have a private message,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.