Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to Singapore.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2022, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by strickers
Any advice for a company to use for pre-departure tests from the UK?
My parents used Eurofins in an Asda car park which worked
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:22 am

We’ve booked ours with Regenerative - Fit to Fly Antigen test for £39 with results in 4 hours.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Midships
Mrs. M got hers in about five hours. Something went wrong with mine, had to send an email chaser, took 36 hours, but this is an outlier speaking to others.
Oh dear - I hope that doesn’t happen to us! During that 36 hours were you able to leave the room and use the hotel facilities including restaurants?
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Oh dear - I hope that doesn’t happen to us! During that 36 hours were you able to leave the room and use the hotel facilities including restaurants?
Leaving the room is not allowed: https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/faq#OAT

Travellers must proceed immediately to their place of accommodation for self-isolation. They are not allowed to stay in the airport or wait in the hotel lobby prior to check-in.
quitecontrary likes this.

Last edited by Genius1; Jan 21, 2022 at 1:50 pm
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
We're resident so I didn't leave the apartment. As I say I believe I'm quite an outlier. Indeed, have received the negative result, I've now had an email saying since I didn't attend the test they would refund the test fee. I wrote back telling them not to refund but they went ahead and did it anyway.
quitecontrary likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
We booked at a Lloyd's pharmacy in a Sainburys.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
Leaving the room is not allowed: https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/faq#OAT

And that is yet another SIN gotcha - if your flight arrives early in the morning, as many do, you are forced to pay for yet another night - tra la la
Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:57 pm

Well it depends on where in the UK you are? There's Randox where pre departure ART is £35, lower with discount code.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
And that is yet another SIN gotcha - if your flight arrives early in the morning, as many do, you are forced to pay for yet another night
Or book a daycation room - https://www.dayuse.sg/s/singapore
Midships likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Hello everyone, with BA restarting flights to Sydney in March I’m looking at booking myself onto BA15/16. Pricing is like the good old days, somewhere between Scoot and SQ/QF, so great value especially with OW benefits, but I smell a catch.

Does anyone know if BA16 will be a VTL? Otherwise it makes it a rather worthless option for me unfortunately.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Digicola
Hello everyone, with BA restarting flights to Sydney in March I’m looking at booking myself onto BA15/16. Pricing is like the good old days, somewhere between Scoot and SQ/QF, so great value especially with OW benefits, but I smell a catch.

Does anyone know if BA16 will be a VTL? Otherwise it makes it a rather worthless option for me unfortunately.
Seems BA11 has been cancelled with the restart of the Sydney flights and the only flight to Singapore is now the through flight to Sydney. Previous info was that BA11 specifically was the VTL flight. Haven't seen anything to confirm BA15 is the new VTL flight.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Digicola

The BA VTL option is something that is concerning me, we are looking at going back to Singapore for a bit to see family in April but currently the VTL guidance for BA is only valid to the end of the winter timetable. Hopefully they will make BA15/16 VTL flights too as Australia are likely going to need as strict, if not stricter vaccination requirements than Singapore!

https://tradeuk.custhelp.com/app/ans...MjhoVE94dnA%3D
Old Jan 20, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
BA will probably flip the LHR-SIN flight to VTL I don’t doubt that, but I’m worried the SYD-SIN portion won’t be. I would be looking at flying this once or twice a month so having a VTL is a must.

https://mainlymiles.com/2021/12/15/f...-to-singapore/

This website suggests they will just transfer the VTL from BA11 to BA15 on the 27th along with making the flight daily instead of 4w. At least for the LHR portion.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA
I see Singapore have now changed the rules and if have proof of recent positive COVID infection, no need for any negative tests. Does anyone know if they accept confirmation of positive PCR from the NHS? The rules are unclear as they mention "approved providers" but don't provide a list for the UK
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by dubflyer26
I see Singapore have now changed the rules and if have proof of recent positive COVID infection, no need for any negative tests. Does anyone know if they accept confirmation of positive PCR from the NHS? The rules are unclear as they mention "approved providers" but don't provide a list for the UK
https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vaccinated-recovered
https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/stat...vid-19-testing

6 United Kingdom Accreditation Service
https://www.ukas.com/find-an-organisation/

as long as the lab on your NHS report shows up in ukas.com, you're good?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.