Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to Singapore.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:25 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Hotcat1970
404 error on that link above (missing the end bracket in the link):
https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/quic...centres-(qtcs)
Thanks! Sorry about that.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Executive club
Originally Posted by Alex_1992
For me the main risk with the additional testing is that there is a greater risk of testing positive whilst away and getting stuck in quarantine somewhere; particularly with testing prior to return to the UK. Previously when I travelled in October, as long as I isolated reasonably before travelling, I was fairly sure I would not get a positive test on arrival and then the next test was after being back in the UK.

I guess the risk now is that you isolate a bit before travel, get over to Singapore, and then go out, to the mall, the theme park, restaurants etc and on day 5/6/7 get a positive test at which point I'd be fairly stuffed.

Anyway, all to their own, I am undecided on whether its worth travelling over NY at this point with the additional stress. May be the decision is taken out of my hands in the next fortnight if the entry requirements regress.
yes, I definitely appreciate the extra ‘risk’ here, but with the additional pre departure test now being imposed by the U.K. gov, there will be that element of risk travelling anywhere, and at least the case levels (currently) in Singapore are fairly low.

I think it’s a fine balance - minimising the risk as much as possible while still being able to travel.

Originally Posted by bpk6h
Honestly, in my opinion it shouldn't be too difficult to manage. The day 2,4,5,6 self tests will take you 15 minutes each day. You'll be provided a website to which you will upload your result. I'm assuming this is the same website used for the old 14 day quarantine whereby one had to do a self test on days 3,7,11. In Singapore the cost of these tests kits averages $5-6 SGD per test. As for the administered day 3 and 7 tests, there are numerous Quick Test Centres around Singapore and I would expect there would be one fairly close to wherever you are staying. The cost here will be $15 SGD per test.

For the self tests, you can purchase your self test kits in Singapore through the various delivery services apps or you can pack your own. Acceptable kits in Singapore are here: https://www.hsa.gov.sg/consumer-safe...id19_selftests

If you are familiar with SG, here is the list of Quick Test Centres. Following my recent VTL arrival, I was allowed to choose from any of these locations (I'm an SG resident): MoH QTC list

https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/quic...-centres-(qtcs)

Hope this helps.
​​​​​

​​​​
thats great, thank you for the additional information and your views, really helpful.

Thankfully, the free LFD tests that the NHS provide in the U.K. are an approved test manufacturer for the ‘self tests’ so at least I can pack some of those!
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:26 am

Uploading docs on BA Website

We are due to fly out on BA 11 on Tuesday. Do we need to upload all our docs to the BA website in advance? We already have hard copies of everything so was hoping we could just use them at check in?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Kdmblds
We are due to fly out on BA 11 on Tuesday. Do we need to upload all our docs to the BA website in advance? We already have hard copies of everything so was hoping we could just use them at check in?
You can if you want but equally it's fine just to do it all at check in
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:49 am

It’s advisable to upload in advance. From a few recent experiences, BA checkin staff are still generally not on sure footing vis-à-vis constantly changing VTL rules, and you can find yourself getting through checkin more expediently if they’re already preverified.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Alex_1992
I guess the risk now is that you isolate a bit before travel, get over to Singapore, and then go out, to the mall, the theme park, restaurants etc and on day 5/6/7 get a positive test at which point I'd be fairly stuffed.
A silver lining is, only fully vaccinated people are allowed into these places, so the risk of your testing positive pre departure is somewhat mitigated.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
A silver lining is, only fully vaccinated people are allowed into these places, so the risk of your testing positive pre departure is somewhat mitigated.
the cases in Singapore have fallen quite a lot. Today is less than 400 compare to 3000 daily last month. So the risk is much lower as well
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Kdmblds
we travel today, tried to do the document upload, one out of three submissions were successfully processed. Check in was fine with all documents being inspected, and boarding cards issued. Whole process took less than ten minutes, very easy.
currently enjoying a well earned glass of champagne.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:30 am

Cdtdevelopments, when you arrive in Singapore, could you please check if anyone is allowed to buy and use the test trace tokens instead of having to have mobile and app open, all the time?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
Cdtdevelopments, when you arrive in Singapore, could you please check if anyone is allowed to buy and use the test trace tokens instead of having to have mobile and app open, all the time?
hi AmaaiZeg, I surely will. No problem
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 4:57 am
Original Poster

The token is only available for children between 7-12.

for the app, actually you do not have to on it all the time. just use to scan in, then close the app.

Even if you on it, it won’t consume much battery.
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:14 am

Thank you sbs2716g. My phone is normally switched off when I’m out and about. Only use it for emergencies.
Will have to get used to keeping it switched on
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:36 pm

My phone is normally switched off when I’m out and about. Only use it for emergencies.
Will have to get used to keeping it switched on
Using the Trace Together app on phone, by scanning the QR code, also enables you to scan in AND out at any time. Whereas with the physical token, if you forget to scan out, it's inconvenient to traipse back to the original location just to tap.

Although for short term visitors, I'm not too sure how useful or extensive this contact tracing is... by the time you're identified as a close contact, you'd likely have left Singapore.
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Using the Trace Together app on phone, by scanning the QR code, also enables you to scan in AND out at any time. Whereas with the physical token, if you forget to scan out, it's inconvenient to traipse back to the original location just to tap.

Although for short term visitors, I'm not too sure how useful or extensive this contact tracing is... by the time you're identified as a close contact, you'd likely have left Singapore.
As I understand it from Mrs Hotcat, who is quite close to this kind of thing- its not being used for any contact tracing anymore, and indeed has been like that for some time. Simply a way of checking your vaccination status for entering.
It is pantomime season after all.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Singapore has suspended further VTL ticket sales for four weeks, although existing ticket holders are still allowed to travel. Presumably there is now a risk of further flight cancellations due to uneconomical loads, unless cargo demand is holding up sufficiently…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.