Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to Singapore.

Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
From the OP:

I’d prefer not to but, as I said, I know others may have a different view.
Also much is still closed and very restricted in Singapore.
Restricted as in nightlife. Else nothing much.
life go on as usual here.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Agent69
What happens if you test positive on arrival. Can you hotel quarantine?
yes. Now it is “home recovery” as default unless you have severe symptoms.

so you will just isolate for 10 days.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Singapore is a nice enough place but I would have a hard time justifying going there and there only. Typically I would hit a few places on top of Singapore as a part of a trip to SE Asia.
I think that's quite subjective - there's plenty to do in Singapore for a week or so if you know where to go, and of course many have friends and/or family in the city which makes a visit all the more worthwhile.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver
Originally Posted by Schwann
What are the onerous aspects? Considering a switch from YVR for later this year and weighing up options..
I wouldn’t cancel Vancouver for Singapore IMO. I’m currently here and there are virtually no restrictions here (except mask wearing and social distancing). Life here feels very normal and only need a negative test 72 hours prior to arrival. However you need to bring identification with you and your coronavirus vaccination records to enter a lot of places including restaurants.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver
I had a flight booked for Singapore (241 voucher) in November hoping they’d reopen however I cancelled it when I heard the USA reopening - I quickly cancelled and rebook California for December. I wonder what restrictions might be in place in Singapore by then?
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Genius1
I think that's quite subjective - there's plenty to do in Singapore for a week or so if you know where to go, and of course many have friends and/or family in the city which makes a visit all the more worthwhile.
Yes, of course, pretty much all travel choices are subjective. This is a good thing, a nice enough place but will not move the needle much is all. I could spend a week in Singapore and have a nice time. I just think most would find other options more attractive particularly with restrictions etc.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Starship73
Fingers crossed that BA will be operating VTL flights to SIN from the 19th… currently have BA11 booked for the 21st but won’t be able to travel unless that becomes a VTL flight. Why would BA not offer this as soon as possible, unless they are somehow not able to sort out the admin in time? Otherwise they would be kissing revenue goodbye for no reason on one of their most lucrative routes?
I’ve rebooked onto SQ, as they have already specified which flights from London will be VTL. I can’t risk waiting any longer for BA to decide when they will start their VTL flights…
jayjaygee likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This is rather amazing and unexpected news. I assumed this would be a few more months out. I "temporarily" left Singapore in September 2020 and haven't been able to return. Life has moved on and I'll probably not live there again but it's going to be fantastic to see friends and colleagues and do business again. It's been really hard to now.

I think current restrictions in Singapore (ie limit of 2 dining etc) are set to be scaled back October 24, so have speculatively booked flights for after that. However, knowing Singapore, if you're considering pure leisure travel I'd leave it a little longer.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
So does this just apply to direct flights from LHR?

Ex EU with QR are half the price and double the TP's.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat

NOPE, for now only direct VTL flights qualify
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver

The Singapore Government will determine which direct UK - Singapore flight numbers are open to VTL passengers - expect BA and SQ to be the two airlines.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:49 pm

What happens if you test positive on arrival. Can you hotel quarantine?
for non singapore citizen/PRs, you have to buy travel (covid) insurance as part of the entry requirements into SG

insurance would have different options, find one that fits your needs (cover hotel costs if needed, nonrefundable expenses, shifting flight further out etc)

insurance has to cover at least 10k30k medical expenses

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/health/travelinsurance

so far there are two people from Germany VTL that were detected positive upon arrival, out of 1926 travelers under VTL so far (1926 includes germany and brunei)

Last edited by paperwastage; Oct 9, 2021 at 9:05 pm
Old Oct 9, 2021, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Malaysia should be opening up by the end of the year too. With family there, it'll be a relief to see things moving, though I'm booked for Easter and see no reason to pull that forward just now.
Would be nice to see BA restarting their flights to KL. For now, just have to hope we can get to Malaysia via Singapore without too many tests or quarantine!
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by intransitmostlikely
The SIA website went down a few minutes after the announcement, obviously they jacked the prices up before bringing it back up.
The SQ app was working though, amidst the website disruption. Newspapers have reported that people started to throng their ION Orchard office, at one time there were 40-50 people in there, waiting close to 3 hours to be served. Pent up sentiment for revenge travel is so strong.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
The Singapore Government will determine which direct UK - Singapore flight numbers are open to VTL passengers - expect BA and SQ to be the two airlines.
Note the SQ direct flight from MAN isn't expected to be a VTL flight for now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.