Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to Singapore.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by cdtdevelopments
Yes, I put full names on the vtp application this included middle names as on passport. Our Covid cert only showed first and last names. Submitted both and got approved almost instantly.
I guess this means there happy with that.
I looked into this via my GP surgery earlier this week, and was informed that my name on the vaccine certificate (and also my name on the landing page of the NHS app) is presented in the form [first, last] even when the underlying NHS record is [first, middle, last]. In contrast, when you click through to your 'Manage your NHS login' page on the app, your full name (including middle name) as recorded on the NHS record will show.

I'm not sure if the Singapore government can see the underlying (full) name on the NHS record, thus enabling them to ascertain compliance with the passport info, or, indeed, if their stance has softened. Either way, this has been a source of worry for me, so it's reassuring to hear that others have had recent success on this front.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Yep, zeroed out in all classes

F0 A0 J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Unfortunately I believe the M/W/F flights are going to be cancelled, they've been zero'd out for a good while. For some reason BA are very tardy to actually cancel them and as it did in December it's going to leave people without seats, especially in F & J.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Is there still a segregated “fake lounge” facility at Changi for transit passengers? Considering all arrivals and transits to Singapore need to be COVID negative tested (ART or PCR) 2 days prior, why would there still need to be such segregated facility?
For higher risk arrivals & transits - I believe either where there is still a high rate of infection or SG doesn't trust the testing there. But it's an ever decreasing list thankfully!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:52 am
formerly JackDann

It's like they are try and hold out for as many passenger cancellations as possible before they cancel it.

I had a look at the SeatMap for that flight on Expert Flyer and it looked empty enough (although understandably alot of people would not have paid to select seats). I'm not too clued up on my options if BA do cancel, so not sure if it would leave me with more options or less!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thinking of finally making my way out to SIN soon. I notice ex-EU prices in Club World are pretty good, tempted to take advantage. Has anyone else done similar? How did it go? My understanding is that travelling ex-Germany is fine as it's also a VTL country. So thinking of doing BER-LHR-SIN. On the SG gov VTL info page it says "All travellers, except those aged two and below in this calendar year (i.e. a child who turns 2 in this calendar year will be exempted), must take a pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test, at an accredited or authorised testing facility in the country/region of departure". Does anyone know if this mean I specifically need a test result in the UK or Germany? Or is either fine as long as it meets the timing requirements?

And, as an aside in case I decide to be cheap/value my time more and just book from LHR.... any experienced with AUP offers on what looks like rather empty BA11 services right now?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Thinking of finally making my way out to SIN soon. I notice ex-EU prices in Club World are pretty good, tempted to take advantage. Has anyone else done similar? How did it go? My understanding is that travelling ex-Germany is fine as it's also a VTL country. So thinking of doing BER-LHR-SIN. On the SG gov VTL info page it says "All travellers, except those aged two and below in this calendar year (i.e. a child who turns 2 in this calendar year will be exempted), must take a pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test, at an accredited or authorised testing facility in the country/region of departure". Does anyone know if this mean I specifically need a test result in the UK or Germany? Or is either fine as long as it meets the timing requirements?

And, as an aside in case I decide to be cheap/value my time more and just book from LHR.... any experienced with AUP offers on what looks like rather empty BA11 services right now?
I've been thinking about this too. If I was you, I would take the test in Berlin, which I understand would be fine as it's your first point of departure (assuming you are on the same ticket and transiting airside at LHR). Following a recent change, this test can be a (supervised) ART, it no longer has to be a PCR - see point G here: https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/travel-checklist. That should make life easier as you'll get the results back from the testing centre much more quickly.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by clearedforlanding

Excellent fares out of Germany at the moment indeed & no problem arriving as VTL as you say as long as you stay in the "zone"

I believe you'd need a test prior to leaving Germany - per Singapore Airlines website

"For those taking a connecting flight to Singapore, the test must be taken within two days before the scheduled departure date of their first flight. The total scheduled ground time in transit (i.e. time spent in the connecting airport or airports) must not exceed 24 hours. If the total scheduled ground time in transit is more than 24 hours, a pre-departure Covid-19 PCR test must be taken within two days from the last direct flight to Singapore."

However it's out of date - you do not need a PCR now - a supervised lateral flow "ART" in Singapore speak is also acceptable and it's 2 days prior not 48hrs now, which makes ex-EU more feasible although potentially not B2B unless you do the test in London prior to going to Germany perhaps. Personally I'd go to Germany the night prior and do my test there & fly back the next afternoon with airside transit to the BA11.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:57 pm
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Unfortunately I believe the M/W/F flights are going to be cancelled, they've been zero'd out for a good while. For some reason BA are very tardy to actually cancel them and as it did in December it's going to leave people without seats, especially in F & J.
Was just thinking it’s possible that they’ve been zeroed out due to a number of cancellations prior so they want to keep availability for those that wish to re-book.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:23 pm

Is there still a segregated “fake lounge” facility at Changi for transit passengers? Considering all arrivals and transits to Singapore need to be COVID negative tested (ART or PCR) 2 days prior, why would there still need to be such segregated facility?
For higher risk arrivals & transits - I believe either where there is still a high rate of infection or SG doesn't trust the testing there. But it's an ever decreasing list thankfully!
The type of Changi Airport covid theatre depends on whether you come from a Category 3 or 4 country or not:
Arriving at Singapore Changi Airport – Category III & IV Countries
All transit passengers will be provided with a wristband, which will give them access to the designated transit holding area at Singapore Changi Airport. The wristband will be handed out by ushers after disembarkation. Do be patient and practice safe distancing when disembarking.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
The type of Changi Airport covid theatre depends on whether you come from a Category 3 or 4 country or not:
Arriving at Singapore Changi Airport – Category III & IV Countries
All transit passengers will be provided with a wristband, which will give them access to the designated transit holding area at Singapore Changi Airport. The wristband will be handed out by ushers after disembarkation. Do be patient and practice safe distancing when disembarking.
COVID theatre indeed. Safe distancing when disembarking… when you’re switched like sardines in economy while seated. LOL.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Ah yes - good point. This is why I'm having to go out on a Thursday as opposed to my more usual Friday
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

COVID theatre indeed. Safe distancing when disembarking… when you’re switched like sardines in economy while seated. LOL.
frankly speaking, don’t think the Y cabin is full at all for most flights to SIN, even for those VTL flight. Maybe half full the most.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:17 am

Hello guys,
there are different infos in different languages on the website..
I didnt understand if I fly MXP-SIN-BKK and I have 9h stopover, if I stay in the airport I don't need to do covid test on arrival (just the pre-departure is enough), if I decide to go out for few hours I have to apply for VTP pass and make a test on arrival for 125 sgd?
anyone has done it?

thanks
Old Nov 18, 2021, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mingo86
Hello guys,
there are different infos in different languages on the website..
I didnt understand if I fly MXP-SIN-BKK and I have 9h stopover, if I stay in the airport I don't need to do covid test on arrival (just the pre-departure is enough), if I decide to go out for few hours I have to apply for VTP pass and make a test on arrival for 125 sgd?
anyone has done it?

thanks
correct. For transit, no arrival test

but then there is no point to go out if your transit time is 9hr. Because you need to isolate while waiting for the test results and it take 4-6 hrs. You need to book a hotel room to do isolation.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
correct. For transit, no arrival test

but then there is no point to go out if your transit time is 9hr. Because you need to isolate while waiting for the test results and it take 4-6 hrs. You need to book a hotel room to do isolation.
Perfect thanks!
So I'll book the 2hrs stopover and go directly to Thai.. thank you so much for clarifying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.