Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to Singapore.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I just applied for my VTP today, two top tips, just in case they haven't been discussed already.... 1. Don't use a yahoo email address as it won't work. 2. You can apply 36 days in advance as VTP is valid for 6 days after the date you applied for.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Ango
Hi Alex, did you manage to complete the online VTL registration? I'm getting stuck when uploading the Vaccine Certificate, getting the Error 500, which it looks like lot's of other people are getting as well...

Glad you made it through without much trouble!

​​​​​​I didn't see any issues with a 500 error, are you with the UK/NHS? I read there were some issues with the US as they have a federated system of proof (i.e. many different sources).

​​​​​​Have you tried contacting the Singaporean contacts for the VTL? I believe they can issue the VTL manually if needed (anecdotal from reading online)
Old Oct 26, 2021, 2:33 am

Yes, uploading the PDF NHS covid certificate - I thought it was an issue everyone had but sounds like you were successful! I've contacted the Singaporean contacts so will see what they comeback with!
Old Oct 26, 2021, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Ango
Yes, uploading the PDF NHS covid certificate - I thought it was an issue everyone had but sounds like you were successful! I've contacted the Singaporean contacts so will see what they comeback with!
On the safe travel singapore website, it mentions you need to crop and upload the two QR codes if two doses received, otherwise one. Maybe try this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
On the safe travel singapore website, it mentions you need to crop and upload the two QR codes if two doses received, otherwise one. Maybe try this.
Amazing that worked - thank you!
Old Oct 26, 2021, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alex_1992

I am tempted to say we are starting to wish that we had picked up a token rather than using the trace together app. Quite complex to use the app everywhere and internet isn't always guaranteed which is annoying.
the tracetogether work as a token as well. Just open your app/Bluetooth and tap your phone with the gateway. Does not need to do the scan.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
the tracetogether work as a token as well. Just open your app/Bluetooth and tap your phone with the gateway. Does not need to do the scan.
I have found if I do not have internet then I lose the vaccinated tick, and if I do not have battery then it doesn't work at all! 😂

But yeah, not horrendous
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:15 am

Alex, would it have been easy to get a token? Did they offer you this option?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Understand you can now apply for VTL flight authorization sixty days in advance.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:59 pm

For those who have done it, is the arrival PCR test a brain tickle or the more normal nostril only swab?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
For those who have done it, is the arrival PCR test a brain tickle or the more normal nostril only swab?
it was over so quickly I’m afraid I can’t actually remember. I think it was both throat and nose…
Old Oct 29, 2021, 9:51 am

If we are only transiting through Changi on our way to Bangkok, but traveling on a VTL flight, do we need to do the VTP application? Do we get normal transit in Changi or is it the sterile transit? Do we have to test on arrival? Thanks for anyone who knows.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
If we are only transiting through Changi on our way to Bangkok, but traveling on a VTL flight, do we need to do the VTP application? Do we get normal transit in Changi or is it the sterile transit? Do we have to test on arrival? Thanks for anyone who knows.
Who are you flying with?
Old Oct 29, 2021, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Midships
Who are you flying with?
And are you traveling on a single ticket?
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:15 am

Single ticket with SQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.