Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to Singapore.

Old Oct 22, 21, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901 View Post
https://sha.org.sg/vaccinated-travel-lane - have you seen this list? My understand is you'd only need to be here one night - once you've got your negative PCR you are free to change hotel if you want
Yes. I asked the Singapore hotel association if we could book any of the hotels on their ‘leisure’ list after the one night VTL approved hotel and their answer was yes. They were very helpful and responded within a day. Same helpful service from Crowne Plaza.
Old Oct 22, 21, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Alex_1992 View Post
Will see how it goes at the airport + singapore end this weekend!
Looking forward to your updates !
Old Oct 24, 21, 8:10 pm

Arrival to SGN was relatively painless.

Travelled economy which meant a 20min queue to check in at Heathrow (premium economy and business both had no queues, but then that's likely due to the number of travellers in each). At Heathrow they do a document check for insurance, vaccination status and PCR (I think it's a five or six point checklist they verify) and this is what takes a bit of time, prior to you getting to the check in agent - essentially a queue to a queue.

Nothing different on the plane... Normal meals and drinks service.

On arrival, it's somewhat a scene from a plague movie with all the PPEd staff - but pretty seamless. My only comment would be to definitely find where the ATM is prior to beginning to walk from the plane - we didn't think to look until after we had our baggage, at which point the only ATMs were cordoned off and we weren't allowed to use one (didn't really matter in the end).

Immigration took a little time, mainly because we got a slow queue and because again, they want to check lots of documents.

You activate the tracetogether app post immigration, enter baggage and then after baggage have the PCR test. They use little stickers to show that you are in a VTL lane from immigration.

Dedicated taxi rank after the PCR test, the vaccinated status took 2-3 hours to update on the app after immigration, and our PCR test took 5.5 hours.
All in all, fairly painfree - though the A4 binder of documents has made a comeback. If possible I would say print and staple your documents by traveller, and if possible add little bookmarks too 😂. I think the main fear is a positive PCR on arrival, but maybe avoid public transport to the airport and people generally in the fee days leading up, and the PCR on departure should cover before that.

Still rule of two here for everything; but that is OK for us.
AmaaiZeg, Midships and The_Editor like this.
Old Oct 24, 21, 9:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Mrs M and I are flying MAN - LHR - SIN on VTL BA11 flight in early January. For reasons too tedious to go onto, one of us has a single connecting ticket on BA and the other two separate tickets on BA. Anyone with experience advise:

1. Can we both do all the VTL paperwork at MAN;
2. Can only one of us do the VTL paperwork at MAN;
3. Can neither of us do the VTL paperwork at MAN;
4. Assuming the one with no through ticket only has hand luggage, and cannot do VTL paperwork at MAN., can this be done airside LHR?
Old Oct 24, 21, 9:52 pm

They operated the odd flight but I think they're a little premium heavy for this route on a regular basis & they need 3 frames to operate SIN daily consistently & they've only got 5 available which seem to go to JFK, Barbados, Male & LAX which makes sense to me. I have to wonder if we'll either see a delay to the refurb of the rest, a slightly less J heavy config on some birds or a 4 class A350 with less J seats. A lot depends on the long term future of Sydney as well and also how many A380 they retain
BA11 is timetabled to be A380 from 27 March.
Old Oct 24, 21, 11:01 pm

All in all, fairly painfree - though the A4 binder of documents has made a comeback. If possible I would say print and staple your documents by traveller, and if possible add little bookmarks too 😂.
Would just add that there is no need to print any of the documents on paper if you prefer not to. I had digital versions of everything and that was no problem whatsoever. If like me you don't own a printer nor have easy access to one, don't bother going through the faff of printing them out. Plus of course you can't lose them if you back them up to the cloud...
Old Oct 25, 21, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
I was booked BER-LHR-SIN-BNE return with SIN-BNE on QF. The BER-LHR flight was canceled, which is easily moveable to another time. But LHR-SIN has now been canceled on 27/12. What is the chance BA will move me to QF and to SYD? It is 400miles. I am an Aus citizen so entry requirements aren't an issue.
Old Oct 25, 21, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by braiden9 View Post
I was booked BER-LHR-SIN-BNE return with SIN-BNE on QF. The BER-LHR flight was canceled, which is easily moveable to another time. But LHR-SIN has now been canceled on 27/12. What is the chance BA will move me to QF and to SYD? It is 400miles. I am an Aus citizen so entry requirements aren't an issue.
Why not ask for Qatar ?
Old Oct 25, 21, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
Why not ask for Qatar ?
Because LHR-SIN on BA is in Premium Economy. Will call BA and see what options I have. Any re-routing to Sydney will make me happy! Even if in Economy.
Old Oct 25, 21, 9:46 am

British airways cancelled my 24th Dec and 8th Jan return to SGN - rang them up and got Christmas day and 7th Jan instead.

Heathrow at Christmas is awful but hey, the flights are now twice the price that I paid and it'll be good to get away for new year.
Old Oct 25, 21, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Starship73 View Post
Would just add that there is no need to print any of the documents on paper if you prefer not to. I had digital versions of everything and that was no problem whatsoever. If like me you don't own a printer nor have easy access to one, don't bother going through the faff of printing them out. Plus of course you can't lose them if you back them up to the cloud...
Yes we had our phones in case, but I guess depends if you have a good way to organise them - I'm a bit old fashioned with my phone and it would have taken me 10 min to navigate.

I would say 75/25 in favour of paper based on the people we saw.

I am tempted to say we are starting to wish that we had picked up a token rather than using the trace together app. Quite complex to use the app everywhere and internet isn't always guaranteed which is annoying.
Old Oct 25, 21, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by braiden9 View Post
Because LHR-SIN on BA is in Premium Economy. Will call BA and see what options I have. Any re-routing to Sydney will make me happy! Even if in Economy.
26th there are a couple of seats in Premium Economy on BA to Singapore so you could rebook your itinerary that day instead. With extra capacity going into Aus all the time now I'd double check your options again - a refund and rebooking on another carrier might work out better for you
Old Oct 25, 21, 9:56 am

British airways cancelled my 24th Dec and 8th Jan return to SGN - rang them up and got Christmas day and 7th Jan instead.

Heathrow at Christmas is awful but hey, the flights are now twice the price that I paid and it'll be good to get away for new year.
25th evening is literally the quietest hours you'll ever find at T5 all year (pandemics exempted!)
Old Oct 25, 21, 11:47 am

Arrival to SGN was relatively painless.
Hi Alex, did you manage to complete the online VTL registration? I'm getting stuck when uploading the Vaccine Certificate, getting the Error 500, which it looks like lot's of other people are getting as well...

Glad you made it through without much trouble!
Old Oct 25, 21, 12:15 pm

26th there are a couple of seats in Premium Economy on BA to Singapore so you could rebook your itinerary that day instead. With extra capacity going into Aus all the time now I'd double check your options again - a refund and rebooking on another carrier might work out better for you
The other thing to keep an eye on is BA being allowed to transit to QF at Changi. Currently not possible but QF aren't actually operating. BA are currently cancelling such transfers up to the 14th Nov so I suspect it'll get added before December but one to watch

Search this Thread