Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Adult flying XXX-LHR-XXX, minor being collected and flying LHR-XXX: logistics? fees?

Adult flying XXX-LHR-XXX, minor being collected and flying LHR-XXX: logistics? fees?

Old Oct 8, 2021, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy

Planning to fly XXX-LHR one night, to collect my son and then fly back with him LHR-XXX the following day. Can I buy a roundtrip ticket for me and just a one-way for the child, without incurring unaccompanied minor fees because the ticket looks like it was booked for the minor alone?

Or do I need to ticket it in two PNRs:
1) XXX-LHR for me
2) LHR-XXX for me and the child
to avoid any unaccompanied minor fees?
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by salut0
Planning to fly XXX-LHR one night, to collect my son and then fly back with him LHR-XXX the following day. Can I buy a roundtrip ticket for me and just a one-way for the child, without incurring unaccompanied minor fees because the ticket looks like it was booked for the minor alone?

Or do I need to ticket it in two PNRs:
1) XXX-LHR for me
2) LHR-XXX for me and the child
to avoid any unaccompanied minor fees?
You need 2 PNRs either way.
BA don't offer unaccompanied minor anymore so whether you book a round trip for you and a separate single for the child or as you say a single for you and another single for you and the child..... this is probably going to be the easiest.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Most intra-Europe round-trip fares have the same price with two one-way fares so if the price difference is not too big;
Purchase

Ticket #1 -> XXX-LHR one-way for yourself
Ticket #2 -> LHR-XXX one-way both for yourself and your son
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Adult flying XXX...I think you just created BAs next cash cow...
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Knodde
Adult flying XXX...I think you just created BAs next cash cow...
More on brand for VS... Beardy must be kicking himself for not thinking of it first
EDIwanderer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.