W21 Schedule BA 787-10

Old Oct 13, 21, 3:00 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 205
My BA296/297 flights in Dec, outbound on Dec 1st from LHR is still listed as -10 but inbound on Dec 6th was switched to -9 unfortunately.
peter.r.erskine is offline  
Old Oct 27, 21, 4:30 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 224
We just booked SEA-MUC via LHR and I was sad to see the change from the 787-10 to the -9. The Club World seats on the -9 look pretty awful and I was excited to see the new Club Suite product! I guess I'll need to wait...we depart on Dec 3rd so just five weeks away.
HiFlyerAS is offline  
Old Oct 27, 21, 11:44 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Posts: 1,983
Our Male flight next week is scheduled to be a 787-10. Not really surprising it's a premium heavy destination.
firstlight is offline  
Old Oct 28, 21, 12:19 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Posts: 191
Originally Posted by firstlight
Our Male flight next week is scheduled to be a 787-10. Not really surprising it's a premium heavy destination.
Which day are you flying as I can only see a 77W rostered every day next week? Would be surprised by a 781 being operated on such a long route as the aircraft has a shorter range (although I think MLE would be possible) and I understood that BAs aircraft do not have a crew rest area.
firstlight likes this.
BAFlyer74 is online now  
Old Oct 28, 21, 1:11 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,291
Originally Posted by BAFlyer74
Which day are you flying as I can only see a 77W rostered every day next week? Would be surprised by a 781 being operated on such a long route as the aircraft has a shorter range (although I think MLE would be possible) and I understood that BAs aircraft do not have a crew rest area.
Male is getting the Club Suite fitted 77Ws
firstlight likes this.
sammyg901 is offline  
Old Oct 28, 21, 1:11 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Posts: 1,983
Originally Posted by BAFlyer74
Which day are you flying as I can only see a 77W rostered every day next week? Would be surprised by a 781 being operated on such a long route as the aircraft has a shorter range (although I think MLE would be possible) and I understood that BAs aircraft do not have a crew rest area.
you're probably right it is a cw suite 777 - looks similar configuration to a 787-10 but the clue would be minicabin for rows 5,6,7
firstlight is offline  
Old Oct 28, 21, 1:52 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 148
The 787-10 is unable to fly to MLE due lack of crew rest facilities. The route is very premium-heavy hence the 77H featuring on the route.
GSTBD is offline  
Old Oct 28, 21, 3:08 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Posts: 2,533
Originally Posted by GSTBD
The 787-10 is unable to fly to MLE due lack of crew rest facilities.
And the fact it would probably need a refuelling stop
A P Yu is offline  
Old Oct 28, 21, 5:50 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6,739
Originally Posted by A P Yu
And the fact it would probably need a refuelling stop
Not really. The 78X has quite some range (at least theoretical) and UA uses it on flights like EWR-TLV and was meant to be using it to PVG before Covid. I might've seen it on transpacific routes too but I might be wrong. It's just optimised for "shorter" missions than the -8 or -9 and, in BA's grand scheme of things, the 78X is meant to be flying only "short" routes as a replacement of those 77Es that, indeed, ply them these days.
13901 is offline  
Old Oct 28, 21, 6:38 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 148
Originally Posted by 13901
Not really. The 78X has quite some range (at least theoretical) and UA uses it on flights like EWR-TLV and was meant to be using it to PVG before Covid. I might've seen it on transpacific routes too but I might be wrong. It's just optimised for "shorter" missions than the -8 or -9 and, in BA's grand scheme of things, the 78X is meant to be flying only "short" routes as a replacement of those 77Es that, indeed, ply them these days.
Indeed! And those 77Es are also only range-limited by the lack of bunks and a paper reduction in the MTOW.
13901 likes this.
GSTBD is offline  
Old Oct 30, 21, 9:28 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Chicago
Programs: United 1K - Star Alliance Gold - AA Gold - Marriott Bonvoy Gold - Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 14
Our flight on the 25th of December going from ORD to LHR is still showing a 787-10. Did some research and BA is only flying the -10 from ORD and DFW on that date. All flights on British from Atlanta, Seattle and Boston are now showing a 787-9. Chances are that if the schedule does not change, well be in the new club world suites!
Nabillionaire is offline  
Old Oct 31, 21, 3:59 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: British Airways
Posts: 59
I'm booked on to LHR to EWR on 26 December which is showing up as a 787-10
ld0595 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 21, 10:10 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PNW
Programs: AS 100K
Posts: 1,460
i really wish BA puts the 787-10 on the MEX rotation. I wonder if one-engine-out conditions would not make the 78X good out of MEX.
atcanobbio is offline  
Old Nov 1, 21, 12:56 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6,739
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
i really wish BA puts the 787-10 on the MEX rotation. I wonder if one-engine-out conditions would not make the 78X good out of MEX.
Why would that be the case? As far as I know the -10 has the same MTOW as the -9 and a higher thrust rating on the Trent 1000s. (Source: https://modernairliners.com/boeing-7...ner-specs/?amp )

Again, the 78X has some pretty long legs, more than 11,000 km range. Its surely shorter than the 789 but remarkable nonetheless. The difference is just that BA has decided that it doesnt need that, and that it will use the -10 on shorter routes. I dont know if a -10 could be used without any penalties on MEX (after all, Alitalia used to fly 77Es there with I think some cargo and passenger limitations) but BA wont do it because theres no crew rest areas. Seattle is the furthest they can go.

Eventually, Im sure, the 788s and 789s will be retrofitted with Club Suite. Its to be seen if theyll do it before or after the Sun becomes a red giant and swallows us all, though.
13901 is offline  
Old Nov 1, 21, 1:30 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 148
Due lack of bunks the furthest this aircraft can make it is places like Dallas, Houston, Seattle in the west, and Delhi in the east. Nairobi would also be do-able to the south.

Mexico city would probably be just too far, whereas Cancun would be ok (i doubt Cancun will fly from LHR though). California is out, as is further into India, South Africa, South America, and the entire Far East.

The -10 should feature heavily in the USA, especially east-coast, and middle-east. It could also do BGI, BDA etc one day.
13901 likes this.
GSTBD is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread