Wiki Posts
Search

Another sad tale of BA First

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CX HK
I know a few people who are afraid of naming a crew directly, as it may get back to the crew which passenger complained (and for frequent fliers, they may run into the same crew on future flights).
That's certainly a novel reason for not complaining which I haven't seen expressed on FT before. What would these supposedly vengeful cabin crew do if they encountered the same passenger again?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
That's certainly a novel reason for not complaining which I haven't seen expressed on FT before. What would these supposedly vengeful cabin crew do if they encountered the same passenger again?
Ooo they could go as far as chilling their Sauvignon or cooking their steak to medium
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by KARFA
No offense, but you're lacking creativity if you can't think of ways that such a crew could make the in-flight experience less than great.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Aston100
Oh so this is the guy's fault is it? he should have known better than to fly BA?
Your comments are just ridiculous victim blaming.
I never blamed anyone for their personal choices.
It's definitely not acceptable to save filthy seats, water dripping air-condition systems even in Economy Class.

However, we all know that people vote with their wallet.
wanderlustFL likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:01 am

The other stuff sounds really poor but if the seat didn't work I'd be very tempted to give MCOL a go based on a reasonably calculation of the difference between F and PE.

Interesting I had dripping AC on an Easyjet flight recently. Wasn't a problem as it was a 1 hour flight and I was wearing shorts, so it just dripped on my leg a bit. But the crew were mortified and provided about 100 tissues, a free drink and snack. It is interesting how good service can take something that went wrong and make it into a positive experience. Doesn't take much.
NoY, T8191, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FabCW
I tend to agree that the dripping AC is a meaningful issue. I have experienced that myself in F / J and it’s a real bummer. Clear design flaw.
isn't it down to condensation / humidity from Mexico temperature
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ikwia
No offense, but you're lacking creativity if you can't think of ways that such a crew could make the in-flight experience less than great.
I think you may have missed the more subtle main point of my post
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by FabCW
I tend to agree that the dripping AC is a meaningful issue. I have experienced that myself in F / J and it’s a real bummer. Clear design flaw.
It's a bit irritating but not uncommon on flights across lots of airlines. I suppose it depends on the cause of the dripping. I think it's a bit far fetched to bring Covid into this though.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
It's a bit irritating but not uncommon on flights across lots of airlines. I suppose it depends on the cause of the dripping. I think it's a bit far fetched to bring Covid into this though.
People bring Covid into pretty much everything these days though. I do think there is a point to be made when providers make such a big deal about extra cleaning etc and have not even done the basics.
I do agree for the most part with the OP. If those photos are accurate, and I’m sure they are, then it’s totally unacceptable.
I don’t care if he’s an “influencer” or anything else used in a derogatory manner, the offering was poor and he is right to complain.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by golfmad
I don't see how it's far fetched, after all, COVID is why the F&B is currently terrible, no?
ermis177 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:44 pm

Does anyone actually pay for BA F nowadays?
I thought BA F was full of upgrades/point bookings/non-revs, hence why BA doesn't care about the quality of their first class product.
Of course this doesn't justify BA's terrible F product, but at least that's why I thought BA stopped caring.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
I thought BA F was full of upgrades/point bookings/non-revs, hence why BA doesn't care about the quality of their first class product.
Of course this doesn't justify BA's terrible F product, but at least that's why I thought BA stopped caring.
I haven’t travelled F for a while but when I did it was on Avios. Make no mistake, Avios is a real currency that BA and Amex, amongst others, benefit commercially from promoting. I don’t accept that our First bought on Avios is worth less than someone else’s bought with £.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by agjil
Based on a lack of general avios availability in F I doubt that is the case. Don't forget here in FT we have a large number GGL flyers who can open up A class seat.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jayjaygee
I don't see how it's far fetched, after all, COVID is why the F&B is currently terrible, no?
BA F F&B was terrible before Covid but it didn't go "viral!" then. My first, only, last and never to book any BA flight again, BA F experience was pre-pandemic & it was the only time that I didn't eat a meal inflight. It was inferior to any meal on any airline in any cabin I have flown. Served 3½ hours after departure on an 8h 30m overnight flight, it was indelible. The service was a disgrace & the cabin filthy.

Water dripping from the air vents isn't uncommon. It is essentially "rain" when cooler air mixes with humid warmer air and the moisture condenses into water droplets. With hepa air filtration, the "rain" is likely purer than what spoils your beach day as it picks up particulate from the air as it descends.

James
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by Aston100
Oh so this is the guy's fault is it? he should have known better than to fly BA?
Your comments are just ridiculous victim blaming.
Victim blaming
Now calling it that is ridiculous
wanderlustFL likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.