Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Nov '21 BA A380 FRA & MAD Training Flights & Meet-ups Thread

Nov '21 BA A380 FRA & MAD Training Flights & Meet-ups Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 27, 21, 6:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: scottishpoet
Wiki Link
Starting on Monday 8th November, BA A380 aircraft are scheduled to operate short-haul rotations to FRA and MAD.

Mon 8 Nov to Thu 2 Dec

Sunday to Friday
LHR-FRA BA902 07:10
FRA-LHR BA903 11:25
LHR-MAD BA462 15:15
MAD-LHR BA463 20:15

Saturdays
LHR-MAD BA456 06:20
MAD-LHR BA457 11:25
LHR-FRA BA908 15:55
FRA-LHR BA909 20:10

Flight times vary by 5 or 10 minutes depending on the day.

Meet-up opportunities:

Wednesday 10th November

joshm300 LHR-MAD 10.30am (IB A350 Premium)
joshm300 MAD-LHR 20.15 (BA A380 Club)
Can guest x1 at either end

Friday 12th November:

Schwann LHR-FRA-LHR (can guest x1 into lounge)

ATCOlad LHR-MAD (Can guest 1 in either direction)
BeakerLTN LHR-MAD
Snuffi LHR-MAD

Saturday 13th November:

ATCOlad MAD-LHR (Can guest 1 in either direction)
BeakerLTN MAD-LHR
Snuffi MAD-LHR

Sunday 14th November:

Nephoi LHR-FRA-LHR

Monday 15th November:

Swadbus: LHR > MAD - BA462 - CE

Tuesday 16th November:

Swadbus: MAD > LHR - BA463 - CE

Thursday 18th November:

TheFlyingDoctor LHR-MAD (can't guest, but will be in the lounge!)
Ryanfozzie +1 LHR-FRA -BA902 CE (Can guest X2)

Friday 19th November:

BAeuro LHR-FRA (BA902) and FRA-LHR (BA909)
Greenpen MAD - LHR

Saturday 20th November:
SHT88T LHR-MAD (BA456) and MAD-LHR (BA457) - CE
SonicStar817 LHR-FRA (BA908) - CE
FFlash
FRA-LHR BA909 20:10

Sunday 21st November:
SonicStar817 FRA-LHR (BA903) - CE

Saturday 27th November:

Schwann LHR-MAD (back on IB A350 same day, can guest x1 into lounge either direction)

Swadbus: LHR > FRA - BA908 - CE
OH-LGG: LHR > FRA - BA908 -

Sunday 28th November:
gliderpilot LHR-FRA - BA902 - CE

Tuesday 30th November:

Swadbus: FRA > LHR - BA903 - CE
Efincomputer LHR-MAD - IB3163 (A330) and back on the MAD-LHR BA463.
gliderpilot FRA-LHR - BA903 - CE

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 22, 21, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SHT88T View Post
Can’t speak for them all but ours was ultimately delayed on Saturday due to crew issues. I was chatting to the inflight manager as he gave me a tour and he mentioned the A380 was very close to being cancelled at the last minute.

Had two great flights B2B, crew were in great spirits especially all the guys on flight deck. Got a long look around including plenty of time in First to sit for a few minutes and also take photo’s; it was being used by engineers and crew (who ended up working the return). On return to Heathrow there was a large queue to visit the flight deck.
Think it could be to do with the cargo being loaded - as still must be carrying a fair bit of that onboard? I see the FRA departure on Saturday was also around an hour late too.
Old Nov 22, 21, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Chrisnichols View Post
Thanks for the reply, and apologies if my post wasn’t clear - I was looking for advice on the current situation at LHR in the morning. What galleries club lounge is best to use, and what is the offering?

Thank you :-)
hi

Sorry.
at lhr you will have the choice of the t5a galleries club lounges either at the North or South end of the terminal
the t5b lounge would be quieter bit only opens at 0930.
at breakfast times hot food will be available also.there should be more details in the lounge reopening thread
keep an eye out on the departure screens
the a380 wilm normally leave from the c gates but due to the capped lowish loads one fter posted that buses were used from gate a10

Regards

Tbs
Chrisnichols likes this.
Old Nov 22, 21, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
deleted as I missed it had already been replied to
Old Nov 22, 21, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by londonba2014 View Post
Think it could be to do with the cargo being loaded - as still must be carrying a fair bit of that onboard? I see the FRA departure on Saturday was also around an hour late too.

the return from FRA seems to push back around 45 minutes late every day

lands more or less on time
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 21, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Chrisnichols View Post
Thanks for the reply, and apologies if my post wasn’t clear - I was looking for advice on the current situation at LHR in the morning. What galleries club lounge is best to use, and what is the offering?

Thank you :-)
I've heard that the hot breakfast is just a bacon roll!
Chrisnichols likes this.
Old Nov 24, 21, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold: HHonors Diamond; Accor Silver
BA462 22 Nov. BA463 24 Nov - and lost bags

Did the A380 to MAD on 22 Nov. Excellent crew, one of whom gave me a full tour of the plane, upstairs and downstairs. Great flight.
returned on 24 Nov. Crew not as enthusiastic but pleasant and it was good to sleep.

BUT at LHR mine, and I recon at least 5 other Club passengers bags didn’t arrive. So I’m staying in London, 2 different hotels before heading home and no bag (with spare clothes in).
interesting lost bags were all Club passengers, some of whom checked in just in front of me.

Annoying end to great trip on A380 and Madrid.
Old Nov 24, 21, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Was on the return from MAD on the 24th too, for my first A380 flight, which I loved, perhaps looked like luxury vs my Iberia / Level A330 in the morning.

Just a data point for my experience of a non B2B Madrid daytrip. I flew out on the IB3163 from Heathrow (leaves at 10:30am), with the aim of getting a few hours in Madrid at least before heading back to the airport. Left around 1 hour 20min late due to EXTREMELY slow document checks during boarding and a missing pax (delays on this service don't seem uncommon). Got a Level A330 sent (no proper biz class, just PE), lots of irate pax about this, full flight and delay made for a cramped and tense atmosphere.

Arrived after a number of South America flights due to delay and it took nearly an hour to clear immigration (never seen it so bad), and then as you'll know, a lot longer to reach the trains towards the city. (We decided not to go in the end).

BA A380 on the return great although crew somewhat functional rather than friendly. Speedbird cafe order not loaded either after chasing the crew an hour into the flight after I saw them serving paying passengers... Pretty abysmal on that front considering how far I ordered and the size of the order too. (I got nothing at all - bar the usual water & crisps).

Sorry to hear about the case issue on this flight too!
Old Nov 24, 21, 5:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold: HHonors Diamond; Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cattp View Post
Was on the return from MAD on the 24th too, for my first A380 flight, which I loved, perhaps looked like luxury vs my Iberia / Level A330 in the morning.

Just a data point for my experience of a non B2B Madrid daytrip. I flew out on the IB3163 from Heathrow (leaves at 10:30am), with the aim of getting a few hours in Madrid at least before heading back to the airport. Left around 1 hour 20min late due to EXTREMELY slow document checks during boarding and a missing pax (delays on this service don't seem uncommon). Got a Level A330 sent (no proper biz class, just PE), lots of irate pax about this, full flight and delay made for a cramped and tense atmosphere.

Arrived after a number of South America flights due to delay and it took nearly an hour to clear immigration (never seen it so bad), and then as you'll know, a lot longer to reach the trains towards the city. (We decided not to go in the end).

BA A380 on the return great although crew somewhat functional rather than friendly. Speedbird cafe order not loaded either after chasing the crew an hour into the flight after I saw them serving paying passengers... Pretty abysmal on that front considering how far I ordered and the size of the order too. (I got nothing at all - bar the usual water & crisps).

Sorry to hear about the case issue on this flight too!

Agreed about crew yesterday . Not a patch on the flight out on Monday. They were so proud, actually offered tours, were taking everyone’s pic who wanted it. Was like the first A350 flights to Madrid.

sorry you had awful trip out!
Old Nov 25, 21, 12:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
We had the full informative tour on outbound to FRA yesterday. This was not just a walk round but came with genuinely interesting information. Upon landing at LHR we were invited to tour the flight deck and have a sit down therein, again most interesting.
Both flights, particularly the outbound, were very lightly loaded. I could only see one outbound passenger in the entire centre block of CE and there were a good number empty spaces along the flanks. On the walk through even the few Economy passengers that could be seen would have made an A320 appear half empty. It was a ghost flight, I imagine because people are probably balking from travelling to Germany at present due to its sudden record cases of covid.
RHWine likes this.
Old Nov 27, 21, 1:52 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Looks like this mornings Madrid flight was subbed for an A321 Neo
Old Nov 27, 21, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by gcuk View Post
indeed it has been. I am on the BA457 back to LHR today and now traveling in bog standard CE. Bit of a disappointment but par for the course with my luck…
Old Nov 27, 21, 3:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Ag, Marriott GFL/Plat, xVS Au, Avis Pres, Enterprise Plat, Hilton Ag, Priority Club Au
fingers crossed on tomorrow for FRA
Old Nov 27, 21, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by RHWine View Post
Agreed about crew yesterday . Not a patch on the flight out on Monday. They were so proud, actually offered tours, were taking everyone’s pic who wanted it. Was like the first A350 flights to Madrid.

sorry you had awful trip out!
I flew back from FRA on Monday 22nd. The crew were fantastic. They were very enthusiastic about the A380 and proactively offered aircraft tours. Half the flight appeared to be getting tours!
Old Nov 27, 21, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
idle curiosity - does anyone know why this mornings MAD was downgraded to an A321?

After nearly two years of not flying BA, I’d forgotten how thoroughly mediocre normal CE can be…
Old Nov 27, 21, 6:17 am

Programs: AY GUEST
Now todays BA908 is 320neo

Search this Thread