CE Champagne

Old Oct 2, 21, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Aghast not to be served Bollinger CHQ-LHR, but the Canard Duchene was passable, despite being warm and flat! And at least had some body, unlike the NF.
Old Oct 2, 21, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nh1980 View Post
NF white on LHR-INV today
I had the same yesterday LGW-GLA-LCY so CityFlyer has it too.
Old Oct 2, 21, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
I smile when I read this as I am often persuaded that to some people price is a determinant of quality
Research found that expensive wine does taste better. Even people given the same wine to taste twice (with different price tags) think they can taste the difference. It's not snobbery, just biology.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi...tastes-better/
Old Oct 3, 21, 2:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LCY8737 View Post
Research found that expensive wine does taste better. Even people given the same wine to taste twice (with different price tags) think they can taste the difference. It's not snobbery, just biology.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi...tastes-better/
Perhaps you should read your linked article again, that appears to contradict your premise and confirm PUCCI GALORE ’s.
Old Oct 3, 21, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Copper, Priority Club Platinum, Not a Mucci of any kind

As for Club Europe that which is served in the Big Bottles is far better than anything served in the screw tops - I know that this conversation comes up every so often - however I have never seen Rosé offered in Club before. I like both Houses however - Canard Duchaine was served at my wedding.
It goes without saying it was an excellent year.
Old Oct 3, 21, 4:06 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Statusless Person View Post
It goes without saying it was an excellent year.
It was. I thought that I had married a Prince. It was only afterwards that I had realised that I was now wedded to poverty and that if I wanted to keep myself in tights and make-up I would have to go on wearing kilt skirts and high heels. This has nothing to do with Champagne in Club and how soon it runs out; but when I look back if anyone of you knew the French singer Sheila and her look in the L'Ecole est Finie video (which probably none of you do, but never mind) that was how I looked in my BCAL uniform.

So to keep on topic - I look forward to seeing the Rosé on board and if there is a whip-round for Cancer Awareness I shall give generously as it has claimed too many ex-colleagues of mine. As for the rest - I suspect that they give it out outbound and that there is little left for the return. As the food is Preparatory School level, then they could easily get some decent wines and Champagne in full bottles for Band 4 at least.
Old Oct 3, 21, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC. Silver.
. when I look back if anyone of you knew the French singer Sheila and her look in the L'Ecole est Finie video.......
that was how I looked in my BCAL uniform.
Thousands have just jumped on YouTube searching for the video. 😂
VSLover and camdentown like this.
Old Oct 3, 21, 4:58 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Fatdickie View Post
Thousands have just jumped on YouTube searching for the video. 😂
You Darling - I laughed out loud so you just became a Mucci.
Old Oct 4, 21, 9:47 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Today’s LHR-ACE also a shambles for champagne. Crew did well but 46 pax in CE, and they didn’t even get 1 run of champagne done, with not everyone requesting it. It was the Brut though

Hot food also as bad, the flight deck offered up theirs to appease customers left with the option of quinoa and/or a bread roll 🙄

When a week ago when we booked seats you could see CE was very busy, so not sure why they can’t cater for champagne
Old Oct 4, 21, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Originally Posted by Sprodo View Post
…a week ago when we booked seats you could see CE was very busy, so not sure why they can’t cater for champagne…
Erm, money? BA want all of yours but you’re having none of theirs.
bafan and Sprodo like this.
Old Oct 4, 21, 11:49 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
7 mini bottles of champagne available on PFO-LHR for 56 club pax. Allegedly the outbound crew only had 50 bottles to work with for both sectors (outbound was also 56 pax).
Old Oct 5, 21, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
The screw top rose fizz was on the 627 back from Athens on Sunday. I didn’t dare in case Pucci was on board and had switched the contents for something unmentionable…
Old Oct 5, 21, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by tom139 View Post
7 mini bottles of champagne available on PFO-LHR for 56 club pax. Allegedly the outbound crew only had 50 bottles to work with for both sectors (outbound was also 56 pax).
Sorry to perhaps ask the obvious, but why would the crew give out 43 mini bottles on the outbound and leave themselves with only 7 for the inbound?
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 21, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Proud to hold MUCCI status, Fans of MO, Marriott
Mini bottles of NF today LHR MLA, and I had 1 bottle and that was it. I asked for another only to be told…..”Sorry Sir there is no more champagne”
Old Oct 5, 21, 1:07 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
Sorry to perhaps ask the obvious, but why would the crew give out 43 mini bottles on the outbound and leave themselves with only 7 for the inbound?
Exactly. The crew were dire.

Search this Thread