Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CE Champagne

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
I would welcome Rose as an option....I don't care for white champagne, unless its very expensive....
drwook likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:03 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Asking for a friend. Octane 98....?
A particularly acidic vintage indeed.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Oh come on. A bit of variety is VERY welcome. I don't even care if it is slightly inferior to the (supremely average) white champagne.
I would be overjoyed to taste something different on my CE flight!
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I had it a few weeks ago but in CW on the BLR route and return. Was actually rather nice and good to see it extended to CE too.

Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I've always rather liked NF champagne - the 2008 was an example of a very reasonably priced vintage. Not tried the rose to date so good to get opinions, even if from 35,000ft jaded tastebuds
Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:47 am
Original Poster

I would agree, for me, it was definately better than the standard version. Not sensational, but better.

For reference it was the BA 554 to Rome yesterday.
wrp96, KARFA, SxMan and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Now if only we can get it served cold..

I now ask for a separate glass of ice as a routine. I would rather chilled champange with the shame of an ice cube than tepid!

What IS the method for crew getting drinks cold (and keeping them so) anyway?
Grande Annee and AnaTravel like this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It very well might have been. That is the champagne which is currently served in Club World, it was also the champagne served in Business Class on my last QR flight and what was offered in the CX First Lounge in T3 just before lockdown.
gosh, budgets really must have been cut to serve that sub 20EUR bottle
Old Oct 2, 2021, 4:09 am

Canard Duchene full size bottles and NF Pink yesterday on LHR>ATH.
astutiumRob likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:09 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I smile when I read this as I am often persuaded that to some people price is a determinant of quality - if " we" have heard of it or if we find that it is less than €20 a bottle then it is not fit to pour in the battery of the car (I was never aware that this fizzed but one learns more each day). I recall someone serving an excellent Champagne on one occasion last year and I liked it so much I asked what it was - it turned out to be Lidl's own brand Chateau de Seneval.

When we ran out of whichever High Brand Image Champagne in the past - I used to "decant" the Champagne du Jour from Business and serve it from the Krug bottle or whatever. I did not make a habit of it as there was usually enough - but on the odd occasion I did and no one noticed or if they did they never said so.

As for Club Europe that which is served in the Big Bottles is far better than anything served in the screw tops - I know that this conversation comes up every so often - however I have never seen Rosé offered in Club before. I like both Houses however - Canard Duchaine was served at my wedding.
bakera, sl1ppy, mrdisco and 12 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Now if only we can get it served cold..

I now ask for a separate glass of ice as a routine. I would rather chilled champange with the shame of an ice cube than tepid!

What IS the method for crew getting drinks cold (and keeping them so) anyway?
On short haul, the only way to chill champagne is to put it in the ice canister... But that's usually full of ice. At best you can get a few minis in, but they'll be needed for the service before they're actually cold. The bars should be loaded from chilled storage so drinks should be cool ex-LHR.

Longhaul aircraft have chillers for wines.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
As for Club Europe that which is served in the Big Bottles is far better than anything served in the screw tops - I know that this conversation comes up every so often - however I have never seen Rosé offered in Club before. I like both Houses however - Canard Duchaine was served at my wedding.
Was the middle seat free around the tables at your wedding?
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: Some
Standard issue NF battery acid on my LHR-CFU yesterday. Curious to try the rose. Personally I would love if BA rotated champagnes rather than having the same one every time!
Old Oct 2, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm going to guess this is thanks to the ongoing supply chain issues.
Quite the opposite; Waitrose is currently selling 75cl bottles of the stuff for £21 so the caterers need not go short...
Old Oct 2, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
NF white on LHR-INV today
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.