Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘I’m sorry, BA has no priority access’

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG

First business trip in a long time. Just returning from Berlin to London on a business class ticket. There is a priority lane at security which looks like it takes a maximum of five minutes to get through and the other security controls are looking like the best part of an hour of waiting. My barcode scan on the priority lane did not work & the airport staff said British Airways does not pay for priority. What exactly is the point of gold status and paying extra these days?
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by brentford77
First business trip in a long time. Just returning from Berlin to London on a business class ticket. There is a priority lane at security which looks like it takes a maximum of five minutes to get through and the other security controls are looking like the best part of an hour of waiting. My barcode scan on the priority lane did not work & the airport staff said British Airways does not pay for priority. What exactly is the point of gold status and paying extra these days?

Hi

Yes berlin is one on the airports with no fast track security for british airways pax as they do not pay for it as I experienced ( but expected from feedback here)
there are screens showing the length of queues at various checkpoints. I went to no 5 and was through in about 15mins. . This was about 10 sm on a Wednesday 2 weeks ago.The queues do seem to move relatively well .
at least ba have lounge access but I agree that given some of the ce fares being paid fast track security should be brought back where available esp as traffic is recovering

Regards

TBS
becks1 and SxMan like this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Yes berlin is one on the airports with no fast track security for british airways pax as they do not pay for it as I experienced ( but expected from feedback here)
there are screens showing the length of queues at various checkpoints. I went to no 5 and was through in about 15mins. . This was about 10 sm on a Wednesday 2 weeks ago.The queues do seem to move relatively well .
at least ba have lounge access but I agree that given some of the ce fares being paid fast track security should be brought back where available esp as traffic is recovering

Regards

TBS
still in the queue!

update

so about 35’ in total. That does to some extent defeat the point of having a lounge: if you don’t pay for fast track security many people, me included, will have no time to use it because of all the time spent shuffling in a lengthy queue
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Last edited by brentford77; Oct 1, 2021 at 3:37 am
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Top tip: go to the far north security channel. I'm always through in minutes.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I think the challenge here as airports seek to recoup Covid losses, they are raising their costs for fast track, lounges etc. But I do agree it is annoying.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:31 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Worth throwing in a complaint to BA about it as a Gold/CE pax. I know I wasn't the only one who wrote to them after experiencing the same at BLQ where neither the lounge nor the fast track were available a few weeks back, and it makes a big difference there as the lounge is before security and there's really nothing after the Schengen border, so you don't want to go through early or gamble on going late without it.

Luckily for me I have a credit card which gives me free lounge access and fast track but still... When I made the same trip again last week, BA had coughed up and both were included.
justin_krusty and SxMan like this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
So is the fast track security at Berlin Airport for paying passengers only, no matter what status the passenger has?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, Cartafreccia Oro
Originally Posted by frb98mf
Worth throwing in a complaint to BA about it as a Gold/CE pax. I know I wasn't the only one who wrote to them after experiencing the same at BLQ where neither the lounge nor the fast track were available a few weeks back, and it makes a big difference there as the lounge is before security and there's really nothing after the Schengen border, so you don't want to go through early or gamble on going late without it.

Luckily for me I have a credit card which gives me free lounge access and fast track but still... When I made the same trip again last week, BA had coughed up and both were included.
Thank you! I did the same regarding BLQ and I suspect that those airports where passengers were more vocal got their lounge access restored faster than those where passengers just accepted it. The regular line at BLQ can be ridiculously long so fast track is a useful benefit to have
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by frb98mf
I know I wasn't the only one who wrote to them after experiencing the same at BLQ where neither the lounge nor the fast track were available a few weeks back
I travelled out of BLQ on the 12th Sep and both fast track and lounge were available for CE/Silver/Gold/GGL passengers.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by 81romeo
I travelled out of BLQ on the 12th Sep and both fast track and lounge were available for CE/Silver/Gold/GGL passengers.
It came back late August
81romeo likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:57 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by navylad
I think the challenge here as airports seek to recoup Covid losses, they are raising their costs for fast track, lounges etc. But I do agree it is annoying.
Everyone is trying to recoup Covid losses but i do not think thats the case here.

I remember BA has closed the lounge in TXL months before the airport closed and they did not offer any alternative.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by 81romeo
I went to the lounge at BLQ with LH flight and *G card but they told me that LH did not renew the lounge payment and they did not let me in. Moreover with a newborn. F...!!!
Old Oct 1, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by miklcct
So is the fast track security at Berlin Airport for paying passengers only, no matter what status the passenger has?
As I am going to Berlin in a couple of weeks I raised this point on the BA Twitter feed. According to them there was a system problem with access to Fast Track but those in CE and GCH etc SHOULD have access to Fast Track at BER....
Old Oct 1, 2021, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miklcct
Hi,

I think it is if the airline pays the airport authorties for the use of the priority lane then the airline would determine who is allowed ( ie apparently BA has not paid for the use of the priority lane yet). I do not think individual pax can pay.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 1, 2021, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnaalex
As I am going to Berlin in a couple of weeks I raised this point on the BA Twitter feed. According to them there was a system problem with access to Fast Track but those in CE and GCH etc SHOULD have access to Fast Track at BER....
Hi,

Interesting as the check in agent said that BA had not paid for access ( this was last Wednesday so I suppose things could have changed)

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.