Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked to MLE out 3rd Oct, back 11th Oct

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2021, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Booked to MLE out 3rd Oct, back 11th Oct

The flight loads look incredibly empty; any views on the likelihood of this being cancelled? Thanks! 1K
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Seat 1K
The flight loads look incredibly empty; any views on the likelihood of this being cancelled? Thanks! 1K
now the fcdo block on all but essential travel to the Maldives has been lifted I would expect leisure loads to rise significantly as standard travel insurance will again be valid. October is a bit early for the Maldives although I'm sure this year there will be a half term rush nearer the end of the month.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:00 pm

I have a MLE coming up looking equally empty and I’m hoping the empty flight means some POUGs are going to start being offered!
Old Sep 30, 2021, 1:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Not sure where you are getting the information from that they are "incredibly empty", but they are not, at least outbound anyway. Will take a week or two before return loads start picking up with people coming home.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
Not sure where you are getting the information from that they are "incredibly empty", but they are not, at least outbound anyway. Will take a week or two before return loads start picking up with people coming home.
I’ve only got the inbound with BA (no outbound BA flights on the day I wanted to travel) and it’s in that 1-2 week window.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
MLE to LHR on 11 Oct

Mmm, we are due to fly MLE/LHR on 11 Oct. Flight just zeroed out, but according to Expert Flyer the load was about total 10 pax. Is BA going to cancel? Thoughts/advice welcome!
Old Oct 4, 2021, 6:43 am

Same happened to us in earlier in the year, we ended up flying home on Qatar (via DOHA /plane swap)... on balance a direct flight home would have been better, but the Qatar experience (family in our room/qsuite quad) was amazing...
Seat 1K likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Did we really need another new thread about this? As mentioned to you previously, you seem to assume a lot of very "definite" information from EF like it's gospel, whereas in reality it's much more like reading tea leaves.It is quite possible to have 9s across the board in WT classes on EF for a BA flight and actually have less than 10 seats available. Neither the outbound that forms your return, or your return itself are currently "zeroed out". Try and stop worrying about it and enjoy what I assume is a holiday there.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Seat 1K
Mmm, we are due to fly MLE/LHR on 11 Oct. Flight just zeroed out, but according to Expert Flyer the load was about total 10 pax. Is BA going to cancel? Thoughts/advice welcome!
You shouldn't look at your flight in a vacuum, the outbound flight on the 10th (which will then service your flight back to LHR on the 11th) is showing good loads in all cabins, so if BA were to cancel your flight, they would have to find alternative travel for approx. 150 people on the outbound as well which creates a lot of headaches. It is exactly the same as the U.S. routes at present - I flew to JFK on Saturday in a B77W with 86 pax. My return last night had 2 spare CW seats, otherwise F and CW were full with WT about 75% full, BA look at the total picture when deciding on a cancelations, so I think you are fine.

Pilot37
Seat 1K likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:30 am

For BA60 on 11th October 2021 I can see the following on expertflyer:
F5 A4 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G9
Make sure youre not using a USA Point of Sale.
Seat 1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.