Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin age

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Cabin age

Good afternoon,

I am sure this has been asked previously but how old is old?
I am due to fly on a BA777 from Gatwick to St Lucia and it a 4 class cabin with 40 seats in WTP, will this have a very prehistoric entertainment system?
Also when I go to book it as a new flight on the 10th October row 21 is available to select a seat but my flight in manage my booking says it’s not available, very odd.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
All aircraft operating from LGW have been refurbished and have Panasonic or Thales IFE.

Rockwell Collins is the very old IFE, which is only found on a few of the as yet un-refurbished 3-class and 12F 777s operating from LHR.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply, it is an old 4 class plane, would that make a difference?

I am wondering what the issue is with selecting seats, new bookings you can select a seat at no charge, yet we paid to select and the availability is different.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sarah1980
Thanks for your reply, it is an old 4 class plane, would that make a difference?

I am wondering what the issue is with selecting seats, new bookings you can select a seat at no charge, yet we paid to select and the availability is different.
If it’s the 4-class aircraft normally based at LGW, it will have the latest Panasonic IFE, and the cabin was refurbished within the last three years.

I’m not sure on seat availability unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.