Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How to tell what fare class I booked AFTER a flight?

How to tell what fare class I booked AFTER a flight?

Old Sep 24, 21, 1:57 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 18
How to tell what fare class I booked AFTER a flight?

Is there a way AFTER a flight to check what fare class was booked? In the latest UX redesign of the My Account page it was not possible for me to find the details there anymore (and I can't even get to that page on completed flights), and it's not in the email receipt I got either.

I had the miles credited to Alaska, but it will take up to 8 weeks to process Trying to update my manual calculator in the meantime and not sure what we booked so I can give the right bonus levels.

Back in the old design you use to be able to tap on the flight number to get this info, but that was moved/removed?
What Is My British Airways Fare Class / Booking Class? - And How Do I Find It? - InsideFlyer UK
nateinuk is offline  
Old Sep 24, 21, 2:00 pm
  #2  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 36,381
when you go in to BA MMB you should see a bar at the top which says revert to old design. when you do that you should be able to look at the flight and click on more information for the pop up which shows selling class.

unfortunately selling class is not shown in the new design.
efincomputer likes this.
KARFA is online now  
Old Nov 11, 21, 10:43 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 148
Thank you !
lanb is offline  
Old Nov 12, 21, 4:46 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 842
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
when you go in to BA MMB you should see a bar at the top which says revert to old design. when you do that you should be able to look at the flight and click on more information for the pop up which shows selling class.

unfortunately selling class is not shown in the new design.
The new design really is an astonishing downgrade in functionality.

I'm baffled by the modern obsession in removing information from screens and using so much screen real estate as padding, forcing the end user to navigate multiple screens to get to information.
David_Doyle is offline  
Old Nov 12, 21, 5:30 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: London
Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Posts: 38,638
Originally Posted by David_Doyle View Post
I'm baffled by the modern obsession in removing information from screens and using so much screen real estate as padding, forcing the end user to navigate multiple screens to get to information.
Pandering to smartphone users, usually.
Globaliser is offline  
Old Jan 27, 22, 1:29 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Programs: BMI DC Silver
Posts: 4
revert to old design has gone

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
when you go in to BA MMB you should see a bar at the top which says revert to old design. when you do that you should be able to look at the flight and click on more information for the pop up which shows selling class.

unfortunately selling class is not shown in the new design.
I was just trying to find this information, and the bar at the top that was supposed to say "revert to old design" is no longer there. Any idea how you check this now?
invocr is offline  
Old Jan 27, 22, 2:03 am
  #7  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 54,378
Originally Posted by invocr View Post
I was just trying to find this information, and the bar at the top that was supposed to say "revert to old design" is no longer there. Any idea how you check this now?
I don't know if BA is having one of its mini meltdowns, which are a bit of a risk on any day of the week with a Y in it, but I've checked several of my bookings and the old design is accessible for me, after the usual amd unnecessary "I understand" nag message, right at the top.

However if all else fails, use the BA PNR on the Finnair equivalent of MMB and use that screen to email you with the e-tocket report, which may well useful for other reasons.
Arsey00 likes this.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Old Jan 27, 22, 2:05 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: London
Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Posts: 38,638
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
However if all else fails, use the BA PNR on the Finnair equivalent of MMB and use that screen to email you with the e-tocket report, which may well useful for other reasons.
The Qantas site will also give a very quick on-screen read-out of the booking class for each sector, if that's all that's needed.
Globaliser is offline  
Old Jan 28, 22, 12:35 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LHR, SAN
Programs: BA Gold, Balan's Frequent Eater, Trying to convince my local to offer a reward program
Posts: 1,386
I had to try several times to get the “revert” bar today, but I finally did. It was annoying enough for me to not bother trying with another booking.

I’d have thought it a valuable enough piece of information that it should be somewhere people who aren’t on Flyertalk might find it. I’d like it back, either in MMB or on my receipt, as it is when I buy an AA ticket.
Arsey00 is offline  
Old Jan 28, 22, 12:46 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Posts: 3,161
It's a bit annoying that things are so difficult to find. I quite like the PDF eticket receipts that many other carriers are sending that have all information on one page in this 90's like font: Seats, fare class, detailed fare, baggage allowance - it all fits neatly in 30 characters in one row. Or, of course, the BA way it takes 3 pages to print with mostly useless images.
Arsey00 and hsmall like this.
LCY8737 is online now  
Old Jun 23, 22, 1:41 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Posts: 724
Sorry for bumping this thread but I encountered the same issue that I couldn't find my fare class. And when trying to Manage My Booking on BA.COM it said I cannot because I have already flown my flight. Such bullcr*p because the PNR is still active.

So what I did was manage my booking via the Malaysia Airlines page, which perfectly outlines all details of the flight - INCLUDING t he fare class :-) Easy!

Why on earth would BA limit the ability to look into Manage My Booking after one has already flown...
EuroFlash is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 3:30 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UK
Programs: BA GfL & GGL, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,699
Deleted.
MaxFlyer is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 12:33 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Edinburgh
Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Posts: 388
Originally Posted by EuroFlash View Post
Sorry for bumping this thread but I encountered the same issue that I couldn't find my fare class. And when trying to Manage My Booking on BA.COM it said I cannot because I have already flown my flight. Such bullcr*p because the PNR is still active.

So what I did was manage my booking via the Malaysia Airlines page, which perfectly outlines all details of the flight - INCLUDING t he fare class :-) Easy!

Why on earth would BA limit the ability to look into Manage My Booking after one has already flown...


Should just be able to check in the activity section of My Account on the BA app.
EDIwanderer is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 12:35 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Posts: 855
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer View Post

Should just be able to check in the activity section of My Account on the BA app.
No Avios at all for H class?
Will100 is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 12:39 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Edinburgh
Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Posts: 388
Originally Posted by Will100 View Post
No Avios at all for H class?
1000 Avios for H, the line above was for my annual renewal, hence the 0TP showing for the flight flown before cut off but credited after.
EDIwanderer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread