Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Appling BA Hols "vouchers" by sending email to BAH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex

I have multiple BA Holidays vouchers from cancelled BAH packages. (the vouchers are simply the cancelled BOH booking references, not be be confused with flight vouchers/e-Vouchers).

I'd like these vouchers applied to an outstanding BAH booking and I'd rather not spend an hour on the phone trying to spell them out.

Has anyone been successfully doing this by sending a request by email (rather than phone) the to official BAH email address?

EDIT: also, do BAH accept flight vouchers (such as 125-1234567890) to be applicable to reduce the BAH balance, or is it only BAH vouchers? And can this be done by email also?

Many thanks
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
I have multiple BA Holidays vouchers from cancelled BAH packages. (the vouchers are simply the cancelled BOH booking references, not be be confused with flight vouchers/e-Vouchers).

I'd like these vouchers applied to an outstanding BAH booking and I'd rather not spend an hour on the phone trying to spell them out.

Has anyone been successfully doing this by sending a request by email (rather than phone) the to official BAH email address?

I did that earlier this year. Worked fine - from memory it took a week or two.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Originally Posted by e8steve
Thank you, do you know if BAH accept flight vouchers (such as 125-1234567890) to be applicable to reduce the BAH balance, or is it only BAH vouchers?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:08 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Thank you, do you know if BAH accept flight vouchers (such as 125-1234567890) to be applicable to reduce the BAH balance, or is it only BAH vouchers?
I just used an FTV from a deposit for a previous booking that I cancelled. I am not aware that you can use an e-voucher that way.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:44 am

I applied an e-voucher to a holidays booking last month via email. It was more than the holidays booking, so they sent me an email with the balance.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:48 am

Programs: BA
Didn't work for me - I had to call
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:01 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by e8steve
Out of interest - was the booking you used the FTV against to reduce the balance made before or after your FTV was issued? I'm in a similar boat where i'm going to have to FTV my US trip for the 20th of October (as i'm missing the US reopening by 11 days!!!), but have another BAH already booked for Feb next year that i'd like to use the FTV to reduce down balance on.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:35 am

Programs: GGL
I have a mix of EUR and GBP denominated BAH “vouchers”. Can one apply a Euro one to a GBP BAH booking?

This is not possible with flight only vouchers, curious if possible with Holiday booking. Thank you if someone knows!
Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by efincomputer
Out of interest - was the booking you used the FTV against to reduce the balance made before or after your FTV was issued? I'm in a similar boat where i'm going to have to FTV my US trip for the 20th of October (as i'm missing the US reopening by 11 days!!!), but have another BAH already booked for Feb next year that i'd like to use the FTV to reduce down balance on.
it’s supposed to be only for bookings made after the FTV was requested.
But it’s around 50/50 success rate if you email them to apply the voucher to an old booking.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jplondon
I have a mix of EUR and GBP denominated BAH “vouchers”. Can one apply a Euro one to a GBP BAH booking?

This is not possible with flight only vouchers, curious if possible with Holiday booking. Thank you if someone knows!
Yes, I had a cancelled EUR holiday voucher balance transferred to a new GBP holiday booking last year. From memory a bit of email tennis, as they have to provide you with their conversion before you can use it on the new booking.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: GGL
Many thanks! Good news

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.