Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

Bloomberg Reporting USA to open

Bloomberg Reporting USA to open

Old Sep 25, 21, 2:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
I have spent a while looking, is the date confirmed yet that anyone can see?
No.
Old Sep 25, 21, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Dammit thought that was the answer….. unsure whether to book 6th or 13th Nov. BWC helps either way
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Sep 25, 21, 6:29 am

Early Morning Alcohol

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
I have had people board early morning flights and want Scotch on the Rocks, Gin and Tonics, or straight vodka. I have known people drinking Champagne with their Breakfast. Some were still on body clock times that were hours out and others were going on holiday. It was my job to serve it and not be judgemental as to why they were drinking alcohol when all I wanted was a cup of tea. Not my problem. I didn't care less then and care less today. Drunks are another matter.

This has nothing to do with the USA only getting around to opening its borders as far as I am aware.
I was on an 0700 Alaskan flight from Seattle to Eugene having flown in from UK the evening before. They had a complimentary craft beer on offer and I asked for one. I explained that my body clock was on UK time so it felt like 3pm. The FA replied, “that’s OK honey, we are not here to judge”. 🤣

Last edited by Definitas; Sep 25, 21 at 6:30 am Reason: Spelling error
Old Oct 5, 21, 4:21 am

Programs: BA
Any updates on this in the US?

Early November is starting to look like late November?
Old Oct 5, 21, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by heronb View Post

Hi

Some talk in the coronavirus and travel forum about November 16th but absolutely nothing official afaik.

Regards

Tbs
heronb and oceanscape like this.
Old Oct 5, 21, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by heronb View Post

Theres about 2,300 posts in this 2,500 post thread asking the same questions, unfortunately we dont much. The only update we have had in 18 months is that the border IS finally reopening in November.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...sion-only.html
heronb likes this.
Old Oct 5, 21, 5:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi

Some talk in the coronavirus and travel forum about November 16th but absolutely nothing official afaik.

Regards

Tbs
I’d take that with a big dose of salt, even the British Government has no idea what the date is:

“… The British government is getting increasingly frustrated at the failure of Joe Biden’s administration to name a precise date for the lifting of travel restrictions, with just weeks to go until air travel to the US is supposed to resume...

… Despite having set up a joint travel taskforce with the US, Britain was given no notice of the announcement, the senior source confirmed. And the lack of communication has continued since that point.

Asked when vaccinated UK travellers will be able to fly freely to the US, the senior UK government source told The Independent: “Your guess is as good as mine.

“They haven’t told us anything about the date. The White House are in charge of the policy and it’s very difficult to work out what is going on.”

… In response to a query about the date for the resumption of travel, the US Department of Transportation said only: “We have no updates or new information at this time.”

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1932167.html

If the UK government hasn’t been given the date, you can guarantee travel agents haven’t.
Old Oct 5, 21, 6:10 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post
Theres about 2,300 posts in this 2,500 post thread asking the same questions, unfortunately we dont much. The only update we have had in 18 months is that the border IS finally reopening in November.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...sion-only.html
Thanks for the link
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 5, 21, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Asked when vaccinated UK travellers will be able to fly freely to the US, the senior UK government source told The Independent: Your guess is as good as mine.

They havent told us anything about the date. The White House are in charge of the policy and its very difficult to work out what is going on.

In response to a query about the date for the resumption of travel, the US Department of Transportation said only: We have no updates or new information at this time.

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1932167.html
I can only assume there is a political aspect to this because there are numerous examples of how to handle post lockdown travel restrictions around the world.

Not even like the systems they require would be particularly complicated.
Old Oct 6, 21, 11:12 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Sunday Times journalist now citing sources saying early November is no longer realistic and 'unlikely' and the official line is 'November' and not 'early November'. More on his twitter
Old Oct 6, 21, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Ive heard its either early November, mid November or late November or anywhere in between
Nephoi likes this.
Old Oct 6, 21, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Have they said which November?
Old Oct 6, 21, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post

The British government is getting increasingly frustrated at the failure of Joe Bidens administration to name a precise date for the lifting of travel restrictions, with just weeks to go until air travel to the US is supposed to resume...
Bit rich coming from UK government whilst they leave us all in limbo over the switchover date from PCR to LFT tests this month.
Old Oct 6, 21, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 1K, *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
Bit rich coming from UK government whilst they leave us all in limbo over the switchover date from PCR to LFT tests this month.
Yes, I cried myself to sleep last night about the switchover from PCR to LFT. It was the same sort of hollowness I felt when John Noakes left Blue Peter. Could you remind me of the limbo I am in and why I should be upset?
zzz222, ExpatExp, paulaf and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 6, 21, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanksgiving this year is Thursday 25 November. Could that be a driver for a date to allow travellers back in?

Search this Thread