Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bloomberg Reporting USA to open

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by JessicaB
I find it quite worrying that anyone is looking to drink alcohol at 6.45am. I'm sure there are helplines to deal with that type of thing.
Airports exist in their own space time continuum. It’s perfectly acceptable in my book to be consuming champagne at 6.45am when faced with sitting in a metal tube for a number of hours
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I find it quite worrying that anyone is looking to drink alcohol at 6.45am. I'm sure there are helplines to deal with that type of thing.
I think there is a subtle difference between 'drinking Champagne' vs 'having a general drinking problem'. From what I've seen people who were lucky enough to get a glass did not seem to require to check into the Betty Ford clinic on the same day.
endoman, Silver Fox and Deckter like this.

Last edited by Duck1981; Sep 20, 2021 at 3:10 pm
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I find it more worrying you haven’t realised not everyone is on a local timezone when transiting through an airport
Tim_T, DYKWIA and simon stingray like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver, BonVoy - Abassador Elite, HH - Diamond
Originally Posted by remuswhite
I just booked LHR to EWR for second week of December. I could be wrong but it seemed like BA was literally adding more flights as I was booking.

Is it likely they will continue to add flights now? Presumably they were running a hugely reduced service until this announcement with some planes still grounded?

I ask because I'd actually prefer the weekend before so might try and keep an eye out for new times being added

(Sorry for the double post...)
Typical, I had my EWR-LHR flights for the first week of December cancelled just last week.......
remuswhite likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
GGL agent said that that they'd spent most of the morning rearranging flights from this year into next, and most of the afternoon sorting out US bookings. I did a bit of both myself.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:37 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I have had people board early morning flights and want Scotch on the Rocks, Gin and Tonics, or straight vodka. I have known people drinking Champagne with their Breakfast. Some were still on body clock times that were hours out and others were going on holiday. It was my job to serve it and not be judgemental as to why they were drinking alcohol when all I wanted was a cup of tea. Not my problem. I didn't care less then and care less today. Drunks are another matter.

This has nothing to do with the USA only getting around to opening its borders as far as I am aware.
Fritz, layz, princeville and 7 others like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:39 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
I find it more worrying you haven’t realised not everyone is on a local timezone when transiting through an airport
case in point. I had a glass of the Lanson Rose in GF around 6:45AM last Sunday. As it happens, I originated from the US West Coast, so effectively 10:45PM local time. Seems a perfectly reasonable time for bubbles.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by SonTech
All vaccines approved by the WHO are acceptable according to the CDC....

A White House source told the BBC that the question of whether people who have had the AstraZeneca vaccine or 12- to 18-year-olds who have only had one jab
would be allowed in under the new rules was a level of "granular detail" that was still being worked out, though this would affect millions.

On the other hand

The CDC on Monday pointed to its prior guidance when asked what vaccines it will accept.

"The CDC considers someone fully vaccinated with any FDA-authorized or approved vaccines and any vaccines that (the World Health Organization) has authorized," said spokesperson Kristen Nordlund. That list could change pending additions by either agency, she said.

U.S. to relax travel restrictions for vaccinated foreign air travelers in November | Reuters
Silver Fox and Tobias-UK like this.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Sep 20, 2021 at 11:35 pm
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:24 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
What the CDC says really doesn’t matter. This was an arbitrary Presidential act from the start back in 2020.

It is all going to come down to what it is possible to implement and the administration has already indicated it may be in phases. One of those phases could in theory exclude people that have not gotten vaccinated with a US approved vaccine. Until the final rules are published, nobody knows the exact details as to the how and when each phase will be implemented.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
What the CDC says really doesn’t matter. This was an arbitrary Presidential act from the start back in 2020.

It is all going to come down to what it is possible to implement and the administration has already indicated it may be in phases. One of those phases could in theory exclude people that have not gotten vaccinated with a US approved vaccine. Until the final rules are published, nobody knows the exact details as to the how and when each phase will be implemented.
That rather contradicts what the White House has said (see link in Hannibal Lecter ‘s post:

“The White House said the final decision on what vaccines would be accepted is up to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The CDC on Monday pointed to its prior guidance when asked what vaccines it will accept.

"The CDC considers someone fully vaccinated with any FDA-authorized or approved vaccines and any vaccines that (the World Health Organization) has authorized," said spokesperson Kristen Nordlund. That list could change pending additions by either agency, she said.”
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Dr Fauci speaking on the Today programme said that it was 'likely' AZ would be accepted by UK/EU coming in.
LucyK1806 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I have yet to see any official notification and confirmation of dates. Have I missed something ?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by eddy67
I have yet to see any official notification and confirmation of dates. Have I missed something ?
The announcement simply said “early November”. Other than this no date has been given.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:58 am

This press briefing was held in the afternoon, I don't see anything we don't know already?

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki, September 20, 2021
Old Sep 25, 2021, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I have spent a while looking, is the date confirmed yet that anyone can see?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.