Wiki Posts
Search

Bloomberg Reporting USA to open

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by CirrusDesAigles
Is there a specific date in November for this?

Have looked and can't find one. Have a flight to SFO on 9th November and we'd given up hope so much, we'd booked something else!
Not yet.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by G_CIVV
Sounds like a good time to fire up the A380s and get them back on LAX, MIA and SFO.
Yup- and a good time to get F seats back in the air!
I had to book AA flights to MIA for goodness sake.....
G_CIVV likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
T8191 and OGG flyer like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Tim_T
SAN is back on the roster (was announced Saturday and starting in October) and wide open for reward bookings 😉
Prior to this mornings announcement, SAN had been culled from 7x to 3x for November and early December which gave me hope that the service would return as PHX followed the same pattern and is currently operating.

I had already switched out my Nov 25 SAN-LHR/LGW-ALC late last month for a LAX-MAD-ALC routing when BA canned ALC for the winter, but now I’m a little more confident that my LHR-SAN return in early Jan will actually operate.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
YAHOO!!!

Come on over! We have missed you,
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
YAHOO!!!

Come on over! We have missed you,
Us too … we have a yard-long shopping list, for a start! Accommodation already sorted, staying with friends! Avis/BA will provide the wheels. Now … where are our nice F flights, LHR-PHX?
wrp96 and crazy8534 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:38 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
can you please provide a link to the official source for this?
Not official, but... https://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4106132.html
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Given the news, and the fact that TP thresholds have been reduced, I might just consider pushing for GGL from my new membership year (starting in December). I predict busines travel to be making up for lost time in 2022 (at least for me)

3750TP for the first year qualification for GGL - whilst for me would result in more connecting itineraries to maximise TPs, this lower target feels like a sweet spot not to be missed.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by T8191
Us too … we have a yard-long shopping list, for a start! Accommodation already sorted, staying with friends! Avis/BA will provide the wheels. Now … where are our nice F flights, LHR-PHX?
Welcome back Uncle T!
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Palal
For the official version click the CDC link below, especially this quote from the footnote (bolding mine for emphasis):

“This guidance applies to COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (J&J)/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines. This guidance can also be applied to COVID-19 vaccines that have been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford). See WHO’s website for more information about WHO-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.”

Source: CDC - International Travel During COVID-19
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I hope they will say quickly when in November all that will happen. I have a booking on the 3rd week and I really would like to fly it, for once...!
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold life/ GGL and U2 plus
Wonderful , have a booking in December to SFO and one in March to BNA , and don t want any more vouchers ! one concern I have is how public health is administered in USA , are we likely to get lots of State Governors s making up their own rules A la Nicola S in Scotland .?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by 47Aitken
Wonderful , have a booking in December to SFO and one in March to BNA , and don t want any more vouchers ! one concern I have is how public health is administered in USA , are we likely to get lots of State Governors s making up their own rules A la Nicola S in Scotland .?

Unfortunately yes, but it's more likely to be on the do nothing for the sake of public health, rather than lock everything down.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Duck1981
And as expressed in another post, no Champagne available after 645am
I find it quite worrying that anyone is looking to drink alcohol at 6.45am. I'm sure there are helplines to deal with that type of thing.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:33 pm
hmv

The BA MMB website and the booking pages are definitely facing some additional traffic, it took me almost a minute to open!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.