Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changes to Concorde Room Access and Pre-Flight Dining for Silver and Gold Members

Changes to Concorde Room Access and Pre-Flight Dining for Silver and Gold Members

Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

From today all Silver and Gold BAEC Members, regardless of their cabin of travel, can enjoy pre-flight dining, which is available at selected North American lounges, including New York JFK, Boston, Chicago and Washington. Previously only those traveling in Club World or First were entitled to pre-flight dining.

Access to the Concorde Room is now extended to all Gold Guest List Members, they will be entitled to have one guest join them. The Concorde Room card is being retired. Access for Premier Card holders and those travelling in First are unchanged.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Sep 20, 2021 at 4:05 am
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
We just need the pre-flight dining to be open!
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Access to the Concorde Room is now extended to all Gold Guest List Members, they will be entitled to have one guest join them. The Concorde Room card is being retired. Access for Premier Card holders and those travelling in First are unchanged.
Ah super. So a GGL on any non-F ticket can guest one into CCR; a GGL flying F can guest two?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
No more mislaid CCR cards now. One less thing I need to remember to bring to the airport!!
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
No more mislaid CCR cards now. One less thing I need to remember to bring to the airport!!
....or have chase up when it doesn't come with the GGL renewal pack
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Ah super. So a GGL on any non-F ticket can guest one into CCR; a GGL flying F can guest two?
Correct.
mmxbreaks likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:39 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
We just need the pre-flight dining to be open!
Many of us also need the US to be open!

A positive move nevertheless, although I suspect I may never get the benefit of it...
bafan, wrp96, gustavmahler and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Hmmm I wonder whether there will be any change to the look of the digital GGL boarding pass so that the lounge guardians can identify GGL early on? I have a BP for tomorrow and there is no difference but maybe that will come.

I will look after my CCR card then for future posterity - I'm actually quite pleased about this as I will probably renew GGL this year but CCR would have been a stretch with limited longhaul available.

Wonder if there will be further tweaks on eligibility or improved benefits from 5k TPs - I have stretched to make 5k before to get the CCR card, so I assume they will replace with other goodies at 5k.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I also think that maybe there will be something at the 5000 level. Time will tell, I suppose.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold; BAEC Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Plat
I am on the BA112 JFK-LHR flight tonight - First appears to be 8/8. I'll report back how many folks are in the JFK Concorde Room this afternoon.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold, Virgin Gold,
I think it makes sense to combine the two cards (GGL and CCR) and perhaps now would be a good time to re-brand GGL a little? The CCR card is an attractive design (IMHO) and if it were to be the basis for a re-branding of GGL, it might make sense as it avoids all the other tier colours. I realise that GGL is not a tier in itself but still...
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/GfL), LH FTL, SPG Plat
At the risk of straying a little off topic but is this a precursor to a (further) reduction in the quality of the soft product in the CCR? For example, the eventual downgrade of LPGS to something which is a step up from GF but perhaps not by much. Stating the obvious but as F dwindles to a smaller number of seats on a diminishing number of routes this move will only further increase the proportion of guests who are visiting the CCR but not flying F.

Before anyone accuses me of sour grapes I will not be renewing CCR based on new travel patterns but might keep GGL, so see this move as positive personally. That said call me an old cynic but knowing BA's modus operandi I can't see how this can be LT positive. Those incremental bottles of LPGS going to water X incremental GGL's (and guests) flying ET on SH will annoy the hell out of the bean counters. Surely the temptation will be too great to make the experience even more GF+ rather LH FCT / AF LP. Just my two cents
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
JFK has been sending Gold card holders to the Concord room for at least a few days now.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
As someone who has yet to reach the dizzy heights of GGL, do I understand correctly that the benefit is for those renewing GGL, since that comes at a lower level each year? To initially qualify I'd have to hit 5k TPs, at which point a CCR card would usually be awarded anyway?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevebintley
As someone who has yet to reach the dizzy heights of GGL, do I understand correctly that the benefit is for those renewing GGL, since that comes at a lower level each year? To initially qualify I'd have to hit 5k TPs, at which point a CCR card would usually be awarded anyway?
Yes, in order to be "invited" on to the Gold Guest List a BAEC Member must earn 5000 TPs in a Membership Year to qualify. Subsequent GGL renewals are at 3000 TPs in a Membership Year.
stevebintley and BertieBadger like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.