Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How many of us expect to maintain current status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many of us expect to maintain current status?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The promotion now also includes single travellers.
Good to hear, single travellers have not really benefited from BA’s promotions in the past such as their 2 for £x ones.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:34 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Definitely retaining gold , ggl possibly a step too far, as a bonus Mrs firstlight stands to attain gold for the first time. Approx 1300 tps each in bookings not including double tp bonuses

Last edited by firstlight; Sep 19, 2021 at 11:22 am
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
No chance (GGL/CCR) unless BA extend. 80% of my TPs come from business travel to/in the US (currently prohibited by work, and I couldn't get in anyway). 15% come from personal long-haul to places to which I would not travel during Covid (e.g. India). 5% come from short haul Club Europe, and I've had more flights there cancelled (or the route simply hasn't been available) than I've actually managed to take. Currently on 120TP with a March year-end. Pre-covid I was well beyond 5,000 TP per year. Predicting a "soft" landing to Silver!
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA just opened flights to Vancouver (where I live). Other than long haul, the only other option I have to collect points is flying to USA on American or Alaska and that's not happening soon.

So, my silver status, which I have had for almost a decade, will be gone.
Keystone likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
should be easily able to make ccr which is a step up from GGL for me this year. currently i have 5420 TP already booked thru next april, with almost all coming from three US trips which include a number of transcons while in the US. on my current trip in september i should land back in lhr with my first 1250TP from these three weeks of travel alone.

the nice thing about the reduced threshold is at least i dont stress when something goes awry and i am re-routed or i need to cancel one flight here or there since i'll be on track to pass 5k anyhow--well beyond the 3750 i need for ccr.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I'd booked enough TATL travel to retain gold, but none of it has happened - I am going to prepare a nice email to BA setting out bookings that show TP earning, and ask if they'd extend, noting that the only reason I didnt qualify was because Biden won't reopen the US (because heaven forbid we let vaccinated tourists in stateside). No idea if it will be extended or not, but would be very dissapointed at a drop to Silver, given I've tried all I can reasonably do this year to maintain status.
MaxFlyer and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimlad48
I'd booked enough TATL travel to retain gold, but none of it has happened - I am going to prepare a nice email to BA setting out bookings that show TP earning, and ask if they'd extend, noting that the only reason I didnt qualify was because Biden won't reopen the US (because heaven forbid we let vaccinated tourists in stateside). No idea if it will be extended or not, but would be very dissapointed at a drop to Silver, given I've tried all I can reasonably do this year to maintain status.
when is your year end?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
I’m an 8 January 2022 renewal currently on 0TP with no likelihood of any business travel this year. The most I might muster will be a couple of VFR Shuttles before TP year end.

No chance of renewing Gold without an extension which would leave a fairly bad taste in my mouth. I went out of my way to attain Gold for the first time in December 2019. Doing so took a number of indirect flights with BA at additional cost to
me when the office would have booked me direct from Dublin on a cheaper tickets. This was in addition to a significant number of POUG’s on Business travel that I paid myself.

I have taken 2 BA flights since Jan 2020 as a result of COVID and a new baby.

Last edited by SHT88T; Sep 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Still have GGL because of extensions but I've only done 2 domestic Avios flights to date so zero TP. I am now able to travel between the US and UK relatively hassle free beyond tests but those TALT flights are too useful for keeping 1K on United so I'm unlikely to go back to BA any time soon no matter what they do. I did enjoy the first lounge at LHR, which is much better than the disaster that UA offers in EWR so it's a shame but I prioritize status now for the domestic flights and UA/DL work better than AA from NYC for my routes.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Which promotion please? I see mentions about double TP but do you have a link on hand?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 11:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by jaro
Which promotion please? I see mentions about double TP but do you have a link on hand?
Take a look here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-bookings.html
Old Sep 19, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm a Sept year end so just starting out with my year and think retaining gold will be easier this year than in any other thanks to the reduced TP threshold and the Double Tier Points on holiday bookings. I'm purely a leisure traveller though so not reliant on business travel,
Old Sep 19, 2021, 2:21 pm

I’m having another look as well! Let me know if you find a bargain!
Old Sep 19, 2021, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
If US opens up I should be ok to requalify for gold, however without long haul (which for me is basically USA and Canada because China/HK and Oz won’t happen until 2023 earliest I fear) it will be touch and go. If every short haul I take is in CE then I might just scrape it.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:39 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Markie
Mine TOTALLY depends on the US.
💯 same boat. And I don't think it's going to go well... 😭

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.