CCR T5 Re-opened 1 Sept

Old Oct 14, 21, 8:52 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Germany
Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Posts: 693
Originally Posted by mikebg View Post
Not quite ... it was open YESTERDAY as well!! Totally unexpected treat for me. I went direct to the terrace, thought it a little odd that nobody was "guarding" the entrance, and saw that there was nothing there. So off I went to investigate, and found the CCR open.
Are we talking about the same thing? What has the terrace to do with the door?
I mean.. Not that it matters. I was told they opened the door today. But never the less.. It's open. Lol
Vasco Pridat is offline  
Old Oct 14, 21, 9:31 am
  #92  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 14,890
Originally Posted by mikebg View Post
Not quite ... it was open YESTERDAY as well!! Totally unexpected treat for me. I went direct to the terrace, thought it a little odd that nobody was "guarding" the entrance, and saw that there was nothing there. So off I went to investigate, and found the CCR open.
The CCR has been open since 1st September! The “magic door”, “millionaires’s door, “million pound door” only resumed operations today.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Oct 14, 21, 9:35 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Posts: 1,918
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat View Post
Are we talking about the same thing? What has the terrace to do with the door?
I mean.. Not that it matters. I was told they opened the door today. But never the less.. It's open. Lol
Sorry for the misunderstanding! I was referring to the CCR itself, which for me always means after 15:00. It was supposed to open after 15:00 only in November, but was opened yesterday.
mikebg is offline  
Old Oct 14, 21, 9:36 am
  #94  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 14,890
Originally Posted by mikebg View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding! I was referring to the CCR itself, which for me always means after 15:00. It was supposed to open after 15:00 only in November, but was opened yesterday.
The extended hours began on Tuesday (12 October). The CCR will now remain open until 22:00 daily.
orbitmic likes this.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Oct 14, 21, 9:44 am
  #95  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 39,158
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
The CCR has been open since 1st September! The “magic door”, “millionaires’s door, “million pound door” only resumed operations today.
Who the heck would give a door those titles?

Ahh!....think I know.
HIDDY is offline  
Old Oct 15, 21, 5:40 am
  #96  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Posts: 485
I'm sure that this has been covered, and I've missed it, but can GGLs access CCR when travelling on other One World Airlines and not on a code-share.

I suspect the answer is No, but ...
GGLwannabe is online now  
Old Oct 15, 21, 5:42 am
  #97  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 36,863
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe View Post
I'm sure that this has been covered, and I've missed it, but can GGLs access CCR when travelling on other One World Airlines and not on a code-share.

I suspect the answer is No, but ...
yes. You can access it on any one world airline - and you don’t have to be booked on a ba codeshare.
KARFA is offline  
Old Oct 15, 21, 5:57 am
  #98  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Posts: 485
Thanks, that's good news.

Shame my next flight is with Finnair though!
GGLwannabe is online now  
Old Oct 15, 21, 8:52 am
  #99  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LON
Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Posts: 2,696
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Who the heck would give a door those titles?
An importance
HIDDY and wilsnunn like this.
alex67500 is offline  
Old Oct 15, 21, 8:57 am
  #100  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ±38,000 feet
Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, Bamboo First, AF Elite+, AV Diamond, A3 G
Posts: 5,881
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
The CCR has been open since 1st September! The “magic door”, “millionaires’s door, “million pound door” only resumed operations today.
Ah nice to hear it has reopened! world is coming back to its senses!
oxfordjames likes this.
nufnuf77 is offline  
Old Oct 15, 21, 9:09 am
  #101  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Posts: 1,052
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Ah nice to hear it has reopened! world is coming back to its senses!
Not sure if the CCR reopening is the best barometer of world opinion?
Rubecula is online now  
Old Oct 15, 21, 9:18 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Posts: 280
I believe the reason (assuming you were not being sarcastic and know this) is that BA had to pay a ton of money to have the door installed because before it, all passengers had to go down to the Duty Free level and access the CCR through the same entrance as Galleries North. It became kind of redundant when the First Wing went live as you can access it that way but I still appreciate it because I am normally accessing it through transit so not going through the First Wing.
Klrduks is offline  
Old Oct 19, 21, 9:22 am
  #103  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 11,064
LHR Concorde Room Lounge side door has reopened

I have not seen mention of this on another thread so far. Apologies if I missed it. Happy to report that the entrance to the right of South Security is now manned again and available for use as a short cut into the CCR.

Apparently it reopened on 16th Oct 2021.
squawk and Klrduks like this.
golfmad is online now  
Old Oct 19, 21, 10:00 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Posts: 2,463
Indeed, though was posted a few days ago by Tobias-UK in the CCR reopening thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33644233-post92.html

Was in the CCR this morning myself for the first time since it reopened. Was good to be back, great service and very peaceful.
Oaxaca is offline  
Old Oct 19, 21, 10:01 am
  #105  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 11,064
Drat. I’ll ask to have this thread deleted or at least moved. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Oaxaca View Post
Indeed, though was posted a few days ago by Tobias-UK in the CCR reopening thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33644233-post92.html

Was in the CCR this morning myself for the first time since it reopened. Was good to be back, great service and very peaceful.
Oaxaca likes this.
golfmad is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread