Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Not getting an answer from customer service

Not getting an answer from customer service

Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Anonba
BAs guidelines for data protection are that if you aren’t named on a booking it cant be discussed and no action can be taken on it.

Otherwise anyone could access another persons booking.

The solution is to have your friend add you as a nominee on their Executive Club account.
Interesting. My sister has just been told she can't change a booking made by me (as head of household account) on which she and her husband are passengers. Is that not right?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
We could do with finding out what is the highest number. And tell us how long before you get the human e-touch, assuming the robots don't sort you out first!
Just waited 36 mins. Started at 54 in the queue, then it went up to 58 before going down again. Agent very helpful but at the end of the chat it gave two option buttons - feedback and save transcript (or something like that). I assumed I could leave feedback and then save the transcript as that was the order they were in on the screen, so I chose feedback and then there was no way of getting back to having a transcript. Something to watch out for if you need a transcript.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for all the reports. There is now a dedicated thread to report Chat experiences

Online chat with BA.com - experiences and statistics
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Anonba
BAs guidelines for data protection are that if you aren’t named on a booking it cant be discussed and no action can be taken on it.

Otherwise anyone could access another persons booking.

The solution is to have your friend add you as a nominee on their Executive Club account.
I completely understand the verification and am happy it exists. However, as I mentioned, my friend is not a member of the Executive Club. I had also paid for the upgrade to Club Europe on my card, using my e-mail address and so on, so my details would be in that booking somewhere.

The telephone agent didn't want to hear it, she sounded like I'd ruined her day upon answering the call, then while she was typing away I asked her, "How's your day going?" (as I will usually ask, as the agents are usually happy to chat) - she ignored that, then said no, you need to be a third party on the booking and as you're not, you'll have to ask the person to do call in to do that. That was the call.

The chat agent, on the other hand, clearly knew what she was doing and it was all sorted without any hassle.

I understand people have a bad day and having worked in a call centre myself, I get it. However the first agent was one of the most abrupt and rude agents I have ever dealt with at BA - and I was on the call for about two minutes. I was so shocked by the attitude I didn't press on any aspect, I just ended the call and decided to go for the chat to give it a go over calling back.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:55 am

Been trying to speak to an Exec Club rep to amend an Avios booking, which can't be done online. Lowly Blue member and have been on hold for most of the day, each call taking an hour or so before I booted out of their phone system. Also sent direct messages via Twitter and Facebook. No reply other than autobot asking me to confirm booking ref, etc, which I have done. Never, ever been this frustrated trying to speak to customer services. Simply shocked at how bad it is.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
A data point, I submitted a case to Customer Relations at 11:00 yesterday via the website and had a reply at 15:30 today via email.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by S_W_S
A data point, I submitted a case to Customer Relations at 11:00 yesterday via the website and had a reply at 15:30 today via email.
I got a similarly rapid response.....but it was utterly useless - did not answer the questions and issues I raised.....just standard boiler plate paragraphs. I think they are probably incentivised to send any response out as soon as possible so that their Speed of Response and Backlog KPIs look good.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:14 pm

It's been a downward trend with BA's customer service, trying to get through to someone that can actually help you is nearly impossible. Very frustrating experience and would definitely make me re-think my choices next time I travel. Forget about getting through to the social media team or over the email, I sent an email last Monday and yet to receive a reply. And if you are anything but gold member, you will not get through to any helpful agent over the phone. Very disappointing experience with BA.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:08 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Originally Posted by JSM8
I got a similarly rapid response.....but it was utterly useless
Originally Posted by Skyrocker
I sent an email last Monday and yet to receive a reply.
Any recent September experiences with contacting BA customer relations via the web form, or following up on an existing case? I'm now at 10 days awaiting a reply to my follow-up on an existing case... starting to wonder if they plan on responding at all!

Last edited by wylek; Sep 20, 2021 at 7:11 pm Reason: spelling

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.