Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chronomics £22 fit to return tests

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2021, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by paulaf
Good to hear. Just received mine, do I register them now at home whilst its easier or wait until just before I do the test?
I registered just before doing the test, as it then takes you straight to the step by step guide to doing the test. To register you need to enter the serial number/code on the antigen thing (not sure what the technical term is!) itself, so probably best just to wait until you're ready to do the test so as not to misplace it/damage etc!
​​​​
paulaf likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 6:57 am

Just responding to my own query for the benefits of others. Chronomics results were accepted by Veryfly (had to submit them twice, with a screenshot as well as pdf as they were turned down first time round). Then no issue at all at Nice airport.
sunshinebob likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:12 am

What are people using for their day 2 PCR tests? I'm just about to start travelling again more frequently and want to minimise costs but test at home (within the rules of course)
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
I ordered two lateral flow tests. Kits were supposed to be despatched last Friday to arrive in time for travel tomorrow. No despatch notice, no response to multiple emails and Twitter DMs, no way of contacting them by phone. Utterly useless. Looks like a call to my credit card company to request a chargeback. Won't be using them again.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by jonas123
What are people using for their day 2 PCR tests? I'm just about to start travelling again more frequently and want to minimise costs but test at home (within the rules of course)
After wading through all the £20 tests that aren't really £20, the cheapest I found was Nationwide Pathology Services for £40. Test kit arrived the day after I ordered it and results came within 24-hours of the kit arriving back with them.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Good to hear. Just received mine, do I register them now at home whilst its easier or wait until just before I do the test?
I would leave it until you do the test. Once you register the kit it then starts to guide you through the whole process. My family and I completed 4 tests this morning in our hotel room and it's relatively straightforward. I'd check that everything you need is in your test kit but apart from that, pack it in your case and forget about it until time to do the test
paulaf likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
Yes I used both ways in the last week with no problems.
That’s good to know, many thanks!
Does anyone know if the Chronomics Antigen fit to fly test can be done on a weekend and do the results still arrive promptly?

Last edited by SkiSunday; Sep 7, 2021 at 7:03 am Reason: Forgot to add quote line
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
Those who have used this company and are reporting positive experiences, when did you receive your £22 fit to return test? Was it 3 days before departure as they say? Seems I'm shaping up for a similar situation as JeffBHD as my test should have been sent yesterday for a Friday flight but has not. I now don't know if to hold out in case it comes, get another one from another provider at extra cost (if I can at such short notice) or ultimately run around at destination trying to get one.

When I ordered the test over a week ago I can't understand why they leave it so late to send the tests anyway. It doesn't give much time in case issues arise with delivery.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Those who have used this company and are reporting positive experiences, when did you receive your £22 fit to return test? Was it 3 days before departure as they say? Seems I'm shaping up for a similar situation as JeffBHD as my test should have been sent yesterday for a Friday flight but has not. I now don't know if to hold out in case it comes, get another one from another provider at extra cost (if I can at such short notice) or ultimately run around at destination trying to get one.

When I ordered the test over a week ago I can't understand why they leave it so late to send the tests anyway. It doesn't give much time in case issues arise with delivery.
I flew last Sunday - they shipped on the Tuesday, for Wednesday delivery.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Tip for anyone waiting for tests. Download DPD app and register with the phone no. you used in your order. Once shipping is under way the order will show up in the app. If its not there it hasnt shipped. Once DPD have it, they should deliver next day.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Have also used Qured a few times and find the video a pain too with dodgy wifi, has anyone used Chronomics in tourist airports in say Spain Cyprus or Greece where they may not be as familiar with it as at business airports? Thanks
Just departed out of JTR, a "tourist airport," and they simply accepted VeriFly. We used the Binax NOW antigen tests we brought from the US for both our UK overnight landside transit and our US return. No issue.

Originally Posted by VSLover
google "binax now emed for travel" that many friends have used with success. it is not a photo but a video one...but from word of mouth people have not had many issues. plus i think they are also sold at CVS if near one.
Walgreens sell them too. The price of the 6 test box you get from eMed is better though.
VSLover likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold. IHG Diamond Elite / Ambassador
Hoping to be off to Canada on Sept 16th with Mrs383.

If I order 2x Chronomics Fit to return Latral Flow tests today, is it a simple task of bringing them with us to do 48 hours before our return, sending them a photo of the completed test and then uploading their certificates to Verifly to allow us to check in?

£22 each to save the cost and hassle of finding a testing centre in Montreal sound to good to be true.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by fac383
Hoping to be off to Canada on Sept 16th with Mrs383.

If I order 2x Chronomics Fit to return Latral Flow tests today, is it a simple task of bringing them with us to do 48 hours before our return, sending them a photo of the completed test and then uploading their certificates to Verifly to allow us to check in?

£22 each to save the cost and hassle of finding a testing centre in Montreal sound to good to be true.
That’s correct, I have used the Chronomics £22 test in this fashion - certificate is issued instantaneously.
fac383 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I always say I’m leaving the UK a few days before I actually am. That way they get delivered earlier 😉
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by gcuk
I always say I’m leaving the UK a few days before I actually am. That way they get delivered earlier 😉
I did the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.