Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chronomics £22 fit to return tests

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by CT-UK
Just ordered the Chronomics fit to to fly and the green return package for a trip LHR-AMS-LHR going out at 7am on Tuesday the 7th. They say they will post it out to me on the 3rd but now I am thinking I can't do the outbound test until the Saturday and if I post it back they wont get it until the Monday (fingers crossed) so should I just book an in person appointment somewhere over the weekend?
Netherlands need a PCR within 48 hours of travel which to my mind is too tight for postal tests ... However they'll also accept antigen tests within 24 hours ... so that would be much more sensible ( and cheaper ) if you can change your order to that. ? .. You can also edit your date on Chronomics to force them to ship it sooner ( their delivery is usually via DPD and is quick ).. but trying to get a result with a postal service on a 48h timeline wouldn't be my preference
beamac likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Netherlands need a PCR within 48 hours of travel which to my mind is too tight for postal tests ... However they'll also accept antigen tests within 24 hours ... so that would be much more sensible ( and cheaper ) if you can change your order to that. ? .. You can also edit your date on Chronomics to force them to ship it sooner ( their delivery is usually via DPD and is quick ).. but trying to get a result with a postal service on a 48h timeline wouldn't be my preference
Thanks, just booked a PCR test at EXT which is close to me for the Sunday at 9am so 46 hours prior.
EvilDoctorK likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:57 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by gcuk
BA use VeriFLY for flights into the U.K. I’ve received emails about it before the flight.
Discussion here:
VeriFLY experiences
Thanks, and done... considerably more effort than directly uploading docs on the BA site for the outbound but fingers crossed we are ok...
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
Yes I used both ways in the last week with no problems.
Awesome - thanks! that is one less thing to worry about.
justin_krusty likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Possibly the wrong thread for this question, but having saved all our fit to fly certificates (and UK PLFs) I can't see anywhere in MMB for our return flight where I can upload our documents - is this just something that BA required on flights outbound from the UK?

It was very 'in your face' on the way out - lots of messages saying that OLCI couldn't be done until the docs were uploaded, but for the return leg, nothing...?
Had the same experience on way to Spain, couldn't do the Spanish govt document until 48 hours before flight, then sent that and vaccination proof to BA, Finally receive the ok to do OLCI 14 hours before we flew.
Daughter came back a week before us, sent her documents through to Verifly for approval. Told us later that she then had to show them all again at bag drop.
We decided there was no point bothering with verifly on that basis, at bag drop it took all of 2 minutes to show two sets of documents and get the ok.

We purchased kits from Chronomics, worked fine for two of us, unfortunately on opening kit 3 there was no test cassette so I had to find a local test clinic in a hurry.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 4:08 am

Just to share my experience of Chronomics: ordered two lateral flow tests. They arrived quickly enough but one of them is a day 2 swab test and not a pre-return test. So useless, and too late to correct it before we go. No CS either. Won't be using them again.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
My Chronomics experience was mixed. It seemed like the best provider for the price, self-testing, and ease of use.

Travelling from Malta, so green list test to return + Day 2 PCR only. £79 with the BA discount. Test to return antigen was quickly dispatched and easy to use + register + upload to VerFly. Totally seamless at check-in on return.

The PCR rest was similarly easy and posted by the special collection post box opposite my home. The result wasn’t returned for SIX DAYS. And it came back positive.. Further, we were pinged after the flight and took subsequent PCR tests (NHS walk-in) that came back the day after those tests negative before the Chronomics positive result was returned.

Is testing that isn’t fast enough to “catch” positive cases not fit for purpose?

The positive test meant we had to cancel a follow on trip. I’ve adjusted the Chronomics Day 2 for that trip to another future trip’s return date with ease, so no money wasted. Will see if the response on Day 2 is as quick then.

Overall, I have no confidence in the postal tests for PCR if that’s a pre-departure requirement. For an upcoming Canada trip (requires PCR for entry), I’d use a walk-in.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 6:23 am

Amber test kit

We are looking to buy a bundle for our return from Cyprus but their Amber kits include a day 8 pcr test which isn't required. Can we just buy the green kit? Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2021, 6:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by stenning
We are looking to buy a bundle for our return from Cyprus but their Amber kits include a day 8 pcr test which isn't required. Can we just buy the green kit? Thanks
Yes
Old Sep 4, 2021, 12:52 pm

ship to USA?

Can the Chronomics test be ordered from and shipped to the USA? I only see a shipping option for the UK. If not is there a US test that is verified using pics instead of video? Thanks
N1120A likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mimiray
Can the Chronomics test be ordered from and shipped to the USA? I only see a shipping option for the UK. If not is there a US test that is verified using pics instead of video? Thanks

google "binax now emed for travel" that many friends have used with success. it is not a photo but a video one...but from word of mouth people have not had many issues. plus i think they are also sold at CVS if near one.
N1120A and mimiray like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover
google "binax now emed for travel" that many friends have used with success. it is not a photo but a video one...but from word of mouth people have not had many issues. plus i think they are also sold at CVS if near one.
Thanks. I was hoping to avoid the video test simply because of the time involved. The Chronomics test sounds so much easier and less disruptive to travel. I went ahead and got the binaxnow video test just in case though. Appreciate the quick reply.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mimiray
Can the Chronomics test be ordered from and shipped to the USA? I only see a shipping option for the UK.
Their FAQs say they won't even ship to another region of the UK (Northern Ireland).....
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've found them to be excellent. Test delivered by DPD the next day, super easy to complete the test and submit the result, with fit to fly certificate available about 2 minutes later. Uploaded and verified by VeriFly about 30 mins thereafter.

Absolutely recommend and will use again.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by ben1991
I've found them to be excellent. Test delivered by DPD the next day, super easy to complete the test and submit the result, with fit to fly certificate available about 2 minutes later. Uploaded and verified by VeriFly about 30 mins thereafter.

Absolutely recommend and will use again.
Good to hear. Just received mine, do I register them now at home whilst its easier or wait until just before I do the test?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.