Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chronomics £22 fit to return tests

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:00 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I’ve been using Qured but used Chronomics for first time last week and will use them instead of Qured from now on. Not having to book an appointment (and Qured are now so busy you need to book days in advance) is a real time saver.

The certificate comes back immediately. It’s quite basic - no barcode (neither has Qured) and does not have the test specificity. Not that I’ve had any check in people care at all about that, but some countries might, so something to be aware of.

As to how they can do this - well the whole system is a farce and relies on honesty. Testing is just a holiday tax now so governments are seen to do something, and their mates can earn some easy coin.
simonsmith, lhrpete, BJ787 and 7 others like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but can this be used to satisfy the requirements for returning to the UK from both green and amber countries (in addition to the day 2 test)? I was under the impression for some reason that I need a PCR test, but this seems to suggest that that is not case? The gov.uk description doesn't tell me much as I don't know what type of test this would fall under:

• a PCR test
  • a LAMP test
  • an antigen test, such as an LFD (lateral flow device) test
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by blueparazol
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but can this be used to satisfy the requirements for returning to the UK from both green and amber countries (in addition to the day 2 test)? I was under the impression for some reason that I need a PCR test, but this seems to suggest that that is not case? The gov.uk description doesn't tell me much as I don't know what type of test this would fall under:
The comms coming from the government are a little wishy washy. Chronomics and Qured are the antigen lateral flow tests so they meet the entry requiements. It doesn’t need to be a PCR test, but UK Gov recommends it for anyone returning from Spain.

Chronomics is sufficient to get you checked in and it is in fact the exact same test that NHS is currently using in their new free lateral flow tests…. which proves how silly the whole system is.
justin_krusty and paulaf like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:29 am

Programs: BA
Thanks.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
I notice on the Chronomatics website it says their Day 2 test is not suitable for Scotland, but if I was entering the UK again via London and then connecting to Scotland would it be acceptable as the person checking that I had a Day 2 test booked is in England? Or vice versa, if I'd booked a tested via the Scottish gov link and landed in Heathrow would the person accept it since I'm not entering the UK via Scotland?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
I’ve been using Qured but used Chronomics for first time last week and will use them instead of Qured from now on. Not having to book an appointment (and Qured are now so busy you need to book days in advance) is a real time saver.
I have just used Qured and had to wait nearly 40 minutes before the 'Healthcare Advisor' turned up on line. Never again. I will give Chronomics a go on my next trip
justin_krusty likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott & SPG, Hilton, Avis
I used Chronomics for a return from Spain last week - all hassle free.

A photo of the negative lateral flow test sent to them, produced an email response and PDF certificate within 5 minutes. This certificate was accepted by Verifly and the Verfily approval accepted by the check-in staff at IBZ.

Last edited by howbigmassive; Aug 24, 2021 at 1:38 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
How quickly after ordering do the Chronomics tests arrive and what delivery method do they use?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
How quickly after ordering do the Chronomics tests arrive and what delivery method do they use?
They arrive a couple of days before your declared departure date. Mine have been delivered by courier (DPD I think).
They have a five day lead time so I normally order early, declaring my departure date from the UK a couple of days earlier than it actually is just to be sure it arrives on time, which it has done.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought Qured were professional, but avoiding the whole video call performance is great. Will give these a whirl next time.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I just want to check one further point: I placed a single order for 3 tests for use by myself and 2 other members of the family. As no names or other personal details are taken, I assume that this is OK and that the 3 tests can be used by different people. Is that correct ?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I just want to check one further point: I placed a single order for 3 tests for use by myself and 2 other members of the family. As no names or other personal details are taken, I assume that this is OK and that the 3 tests can be used by different people. Is that correct ?
that’s what I did for myself and the wife and it was fine. You give them those details when you register the kit (ie: take the test). They don’t seem to link it to an order number, unlike Qured who were pretty painful with that when we tried - got there in the end but was stressful.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 3:23 am

Just done these for 5 people to return to U.K. Tests verified in seconds and accepted by VeriFLY within a couple of minutes. Easy.
binman and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
They send according to your departure date, not when you order. I ordered on the 19th, departure date 30th and I got a dispatch email this morning. There was no tracking number or mention of which delivery service but the package has appeared in my DPD app
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:32 pm

Very basic certificate

I have just for my Chronomics fit to return certificate and it's alarmingly sparse. Verifly accepted it, but I'm a bit worried about check-in staff in NCE airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.