Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Part pay with Avios offer - this weekend only [to midnight Mon 23 Aug '21]

Part pay with Avios offer - this weekend only [to midnight Mon 23 Aug '21]

Old Aug 22, 21, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
JER seems to be the cheapest route to qualify for the maximum 5000 avios benefit. Requested an e-voucher after receiving the confirmation and got one issued within minutes.

£147 ticket
reduced to £47 with the use of 5000 avios
issued with a evoucher for £147
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Aug 22, 21, 5:34 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
AFAIK you can't.

Not sure I follow your "arbitrage" argument. You can already do 100% Avios (effective) on short haul.

I'm also pretty sure that, 241 aside, generating say £2k in vouchers from 100k Avios and then spending them on paid J long haul during a sale is going to be more cost-effective than just booking an award and paying the surcharges (with or without vouchers). But the amount of messing around with this promo to generate large enough vouchers to pay for a single J long-haul trip is beyond me...
Arb in the sense that once you go above the old default RFS levels of Avios and reduce the fixed ďtaxĒ amount the cash equivalent rate is very low (canít remember what, maybe around 0.6p?), so if you could generate a cash voucher at 2p per Avios it would be better value. But overall Iím also leaning towards thinking the amount of messing around is more hard work than itís worth.
Old Aug 22, 21, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Camflyer View Post
JER seems to be the cheapest route to qualify for the maximum 5000 avios benefit. Requested an e-voucher after receiving the confirmation and got one issued within minutes.

£147 ticket
reduced to £47 with the use of 5000 avios
issued with a evoucher for £147
Or you could have done two one-ways JER-LHR for £57.60 x 2 and reduced to £7.60 x 2...

Returns LGW-Spain work out a bit cheaper if you want the maximum discount against minimum out-of-pocket cash cost...
86BA7 and A13 like this.
Old Aug 22, 21, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
I have booked two CE flights to Catania and Sofia for £147 and £158 return respectively. Thought I would take advantage of 160 TPs for each to keep my Silver status (expires Oct 22). Can always cancel for an e-voucher if stars is extended again by BA.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Aug 22, 21, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by higham44 View Post
I have booked two CE flights to Catania and Sofia for £147 and £158 return respectively. Thought I would take advantage of 160 TPs for each to keep my Silver status (expires Oct 22). Can always cancel for an e-voucher if stars is extended again by BA.
I can't see October renewals getting another full year, but you might get the 25% reduced TP thresholds, so a few 160TP runs should do it.

Your other problem with SOF right now, is that UK residents are banned from entering Bulgaria. Worth a punt though, if your flights are well into 2022.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Aug 22, 21, 11:26 am

Anybody else sitting on a few eVouchers as a result of this promo? Any reason why BA could and would take issue with having multiple quickly churned out!?
Old Aug 22, 21, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Blue, SPG Silver
I am sitting on a few also. I think quite a lot of people have converted points into eVouchers? Probably more have done that than just had £100 off a return flight?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 21, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Hawker_Hunter View Post
I am sitting on a few also. I think quite a lot of people have converted points into eVouchers? Probably more have done that than just had £100 off a return flight?
You reckon so? Iíve been a bit obvious, cancelling multiple route and pax reservations almost an eVoucher - however I guess there is nothing against doing so in terms of T&C!
Old Aug 22, 21, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Blue, SPG Silver
I had emails earlier today saying "We need to talk about your reservation XXXXX" but apparently these are just because they were unable to issue my ticket? I checked and my voucher still worked.
Old Aug 22, 21, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Maybe quite a lot of FlyerTalkers, but Iíd guess that most regular folk would take the offer at face value and just use it to save a little money on a trip they actually intend to take.
Old Aug 22, 21, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I had emails earlier today saying "We need to talk about your reservation XXXXX" but apparently these are just because they were unable to issue my ticket? I checked and my voucher still worked.
You are supposed to wait until your e-ticket is issued and the 24-hour cooling period has ended before rushing to a voucher...
Old Aug 22, 21, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
You are supposed to wait until your e-ticket is issued and the 24-hour cooling period has ended before rushing to a voucher...
Does it make much difference? It seems like even within the 24hr cooling off period the refund still defaults to a voucher?
Old Aug 22, 21, 4:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Just did a few bookings in quick succession, picking dates with good prices to use the offer on by scrolling through dates on BA.com. After three bookings, BA.com blocked my access owing to unusual traffic from my network! Final booking done from the App with no issues.
Old Aug 22, 21, 6:00 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Originally Posted by wilsnunn View Post
After three bookings, BA.com blocked my access owing to unusual traffic from my network! Final booking done from the App with no issues.
I got blocked after my sixth booking.
Old Aug 22, 21, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Strawb View Post
I got blocked after my sixth booking.
I got blocked after every 2 or 3. I just switched browsers and it was fine.
pazza2000 likes this.

Search this Thread