Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

HSBC Premier World Elite credit card - bonus Avios?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2021, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Gold Guest List

Morning

HSBC appears to be giving an additional 25% extra Avios when transferring points from the World Premier Elite card to Avios at present. I haven’t seen this advertised anywhere online yet.

Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
and I get this news one week after cleaning out my HSBC account….!
annihilation likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Thanks for the heads up
Swadbus likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC
No! I just gave up and got Amazon vouchers!
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Yes, thank you for sharing this. I just so happened to make a transfer yesterday morning so hoping for the same!
Swadbus likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
Yes, thank you for sharing this. I just so happened to make a transfer yesterday morning so hoping for the same!
Please report back!
Old Aug 19, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
I have the (free) premier card, rather than the fee paying version, I have just put a test transaction of 5000 points through and will report back when they post.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 3:43 am

Programs: BD AB CO
Previously the UK HSBC to Avios bonuses have run for a complete calendar month. I made a small test transfer on the 2nd of August which posted to Avios on the 4th of August without any bonus. It would be a new departure for them to start a promo mid-month. I hope it's true though and I have made another transfer to see if it attracts the bonus this time.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 5:22 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by andymac66
Previously the UK HSBC to Avios bonuses have run for a complete calendar month. I made a small test transfer on the 2nd of August which posted to Avios on the 4th of August without any bonus. It would be a new departure for them to start a promo mid-month. I hope it's true though and I have made another transfer to see if it attracts the bonus this time.
Thanks. Will be interested to hear of your experience.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thanks. Will be interested to hear of your experience.
I'll post here with the results and I'm sure others will as well. It's been a long wait for a bonus. Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I submitted my conversion on Wednesday (18 Aug) having seen this thread and today (20 Aug) I am pleased to report back that I have the 25% bonus.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Maybe I’m missing the point, but isn’t the purpose of bonuses to drive behaviour in a certain way. If you offer a bonus in this situation and don’t properly publicise it aren’t you (HSBC) just wasting Avios you presumably have to buy from BA. If it’s BA applying the bonus to get HSBC to buy from them, then essentially same thing. Without publicising you’re just chucking some Avios at random transfers.
Like much in life this confuses me.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:29 am

Can anyone remember what the maximum daily transfer of HSBC points to Avios is? I seem to remember there was some cap which isn't published, but the transaction just fails if you go over it?
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I believe it's just under 200,000 points (something like 199,998) per transaction. But you can do this multiple times if you have the points to do so.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by aristoph
Can anyone remember what the maximum daily transfer of HSBC points to Avios is? I seem to remember there was some cap which isn't published, but the transaction just fails if you go over it?
The maximum is mentioned now when you make the transaction. I think it's just under 100,000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.