Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

November 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

November 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Vegas cancelled today out until 15th Nov.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
GOT-LHR no longer has daily service in November.

Cocked up my trip once again.

Getting quite tired of this...

LcS
Old Oct 14, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Moscow flights are down to once a day from planned twice a day. Whoever is planning flight schedules for BA sets this destination for an utter failure: 6 am departure and 5 pm return makes any connection virtually impossible.
Well, at least that gives me an opportunity to check out my flat and do a pub crawl with my gang.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Popinjay
Just had notification of Heathrow/Turin flights cancelled end of November (moved from Gatwick). Is there a chance they could be reinstated in a few days or does gone mean gone?
Don't count on it. That's a very mistreated route...
At the moment no service until 15/12, but I would bet they will cancel everything, with 3 or 4 weeks advance, until end of season. They did this last year, and the pattern seems to be the same now.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Have BA5/BA6 been culled in November? My booking looks OK but I can't see anything for sale now - just JAL codeshare?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
I wonder how many flights to the US that have been cancelled past 8th November will now be re-instated if any..
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:27 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Rebooking on other (non-AA) carriers

Maybe you can share your experience.

I was initially booked on ZRH-LHR-SEA on November 28th. BA 773 and BA 49.
Then, a couple of weeks ago, BA 773 was canceled. I called them and much to my surprise rebooking on some itinerary that involves a domestic connection on AS was refused (even though it is offered on the oneworld website), I was told only domestic connections on AA would be possible. To my dismay, we then agreed to keep me on BA49, and instead of ZRH, I’d fly out of BSL on BA 753 on the same day, quite the Schlepp, but the only viable option, since I would not be able to make it to ZRH at 5am to catch an earlier connection).
Not surprisingly, BA 753 was canceled this week on Nov. 28th. I called again, again being told a domestic connection on AS would be out of the question. Then the agent told me something interesting: until October 31st, they would be allowed to rebook onto non-OW carriers, mentioning possible connections on LH to SEA. But this, as of now, was only valid through October and she had no idea if it maybe extended (to my advantage) at a later point, if it was I could connect to LHR on LX, and still make my BA49.

What is your experience with this rule? And does anyone know on how short of a notice it was implemented (and maybe extended through November)?

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by DTS
Maybe you can share your experience.

I
Not surprisingly, BA 753 was canceled this week on Nov. 28th. I called again, again being told a domestic connection on AS would be out of the question. Then the agent told me something interesting: until October 31st, they would be allowed to rebook onto non-OW carriers, mentioning possible connections on LH to SEA.
What is your experience with this rule? And does anyone know on how short of a notice it was implemented (and maybe extended through November)?

Thanks!
Again, speaking from my experience, agents were only willing to entertain non BA operated or marketed flights only where affected flights were within next couple of weeks.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 4:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes there has been a widely available rebooking allowance on to LH in place since quite early on in the pandemic, and this has been especially useful where there are no BA options available. I think it’s supposed to be offered where other BA or joint agreement partners don’t work. This has been extended quite a few times now. I assume the latest update only applies to travel up to the end of October. It’s not necessarily limited to flights in the next few weeks, more to the extent of the travel dates covered at the time over the last year you have called to rebook.

As for domestic US flights, yes unfortunately AS is not available and you can only use AA.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:54 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
KARFA, thank you very much for your reply, quite helpful.

Originally Posted by KARFA
It’s not necessarily limited to flights in the next few weeks, more to the extent of the travel dates covered at the time over the last year you have called to rebook.
Can you elaborate? Not quite sure if I understand what role the time of my call plays.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DTS
KARFA, thank you very much for your reply, quite helpful.

Can you elaborate? Not quite sure if I understand what role the time of my call plays.
Sorry, that was just to the point that LH rebooking is only allowed if your flight is in the next few weeks. The rebooking allowance doesn’t have any restrictions regarding proximity of the flight, rather it is limited to the travel dates it covers. It has been extended to cover new travel dates several times over the last year. Currently it’s only available for travel dates up to the end of October, but may possibly be extended to cover later travel dates
Old Oct 18, 2021, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
LHR-Tokyo Haneda

Originally Posted by our_kid
Have BA5/BA6 been culled in November? My booking looks OK but I can't see anything for sale now - just JAL codeshare?
Scheduled 3 times/week but still subject to change as JP gov is limiting passenger numbers by flight.
Check the date of your flight against schedules.
I was rebooked on JAL after my inbound on BA5 on 8 Nov was cancelled, but BA was offered on other dates.
our_kid likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
...and BA chopped again some of the BRU service in November: only 1 flight per day on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, departing very early morning from LHR.

Of course the only single flight I needed was impacted... Now I have to rethink half of the return timing because I don't want to end in AMS or CDG.
That said, if they do the same to December schedule, I would be really pissed off this time.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:15 am

LHR-BIO cancelled

The 2x weekly Heathrow - Bilbao is now cancelled between 12th and 28th November. Unfortunately my flight is one of them. Is there any reason why BA decided to stop flying for 3 weeks only? Or could this be a software glitch and these flights may be reinstated later?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by calasia
The 2x weekly Heathrow - Bilbao is now cancelled between 12th and 28th November. Unfortunately my flight is one of them. Is there any reason why BA decided to stop flying for 3 weeks only? Or could this be a software glitch and these flights may be reinstated later?
It seems they have done it for quite a few routes unfortunately- BIO/BOD/TRN as examples.

I guess there just isn’t the demand in November, and there aren’t any harsh slot rules to make BA fly empty aircraft.
calasia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.