FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Are the T5 business parking pods operating ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2049431-t5-business-parking-pods-operating.html)

vintagepilot Mar 8, 2022 4:33 am

I see this morning that there are pods running - no idea if they have pax on board or whether it is just testing

Greg66 Mar 8, 2022 5:33 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot (Post 34057431)
I see this morning that there are pods running - no idea if they have pax on board or whether it is just testing

Still not possible to book POD parking though. It is redirecting you to park in the T5 long term car park, which is quite a bit further eastwards down the runway, close to but above the car tunnel under the runway to T2/3.

gms Mar 8, 2022 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Greg66 (Post 34057517)
Still not possible to book POD parking though. It is redirecting you to park in the T5 long term car park, which is quite a bit further eastwards down the runway, close to but above the car tunnel under the runway to T2/3.

POD parking is still bookable, although it might not show when you search depending on your duration or booking levels. However, they still say it will be a bus transfer.

buzby22 Mar 8, 2022 8:03 am

hopefully they are about to boot them up again.

Luke Robinson Mar 20, 2022 4:52 am

Originally Posted by fluffymitten (Post 34047650)
I suspect the issue isn't with covid; I have an unsubstantiated hunch that there's a maintenance issue.

I don't think it's Covid-related - we used the pods in October for a 1-week trip and there were still Covid restrictions in place then; whereas most restrictions have been dropped now so I agree - it seems like some sort of operational hardware/software/logistical issue meaning they can't guarantee their service levels.

Cotswold Eagle Mar 20, 2022 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Greg66 (Post 34057517)

I was in POD parking this week, booked about 10 days ago.

crazyarmadillo Mar 20, 2022 5:38 am

Wish they hurry up and sort the operational/safety issues.

Only thing that made the thistle bearable.

We used it last in early November and early December and then it closed.

buzby22 Mar 20, 2022 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Cotswold Eagle (Post 34090834)
I was in POD parking this week, booked about 10 days ago.

buses?

Cotswold Eagle Mar 20, 2022 9:13 am

Originally Posted by buzby22 (Post 34090941)
buses?

Yes. The minibuses that used to do Business Parking, I think. I’ve used it twice this month and no real wait for a bus any of the four trips. Still very convenient and for me significantly cheaper than Short Term.

oceanscape Apr 4, 2022 3:45 am

Are the "Pods" working at LHR T5 car parking?

Just wanted to check before I book for next week. Will pay the extra for Short Stay if it means avoiding a bus transfer. Thanks.

The _Banking_Scot Apr 4, 2022 3:47 am

Hi

Still not working and not for the foreseeable future per the Heathrow website
Bus transfer continuing
Regards

tbs

mikeyfly Apr 4, 2022 3:47 am

It's a shuttle bus - prices for POD vs Short Stay have been similar so I'd definitely go with Short Stay

oceanscape Apr 4, 2022 3:54 am

Thanks all, Short Stay it is. £308 for 12 days though :eek: ... serves me right for booking so late.

The _Banking_Scot Apr 4, 2022 4:17 am

Originally Posted by oceanscape (Post 34134787)
Thanks all, Short Stay it is. £308 for 12 days though :eek: ... serves me right for booking so late.

hi
Could you try a park n fly at a local hotel?

For example the Heathrow hilton at t4 has 1 nights accomodation and 15 nights parking for £245 this week.
even allowing for transport costs to the terminal it might be cheaper than short stay for 12 days
8 days for£196
short stay would be convenient though
Regards

Tbs

PUCCI GALORE Apr 4, 2022 5:32 am

Originally Posted by oceanscape (Post 34134787)

What we have done in the past is to rent a car and leave it at Heathrow and do the same in reverse - we have done this in the past. Recently there have been issues but which would not concern you as you are not trying to rent with Avis at Stansted.! The Avis Forum here is most useful.