Mexico moving from Amber to Red List

Old Aug 6, 21, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by cauchy View Post
In fairness, the UK reached a positive rate of over 40% during the first wave. It's not unreasonable to largely restrict PCR testing to cases where the result is needed for a clinical decision. The statistics don't necessarily misrepresent the situation - the statistics just can't be directly compared to the UK statistics, because they arise in a different clinical context and they measure different things.

In July, an average of 3 Mexico arrivals per day have tested positive for Covid. Given we have 30k reported domestic cases, it is really, really hard to see how 3 cases in home quarantine pose a threat.

Source --> https://www.gov.uk/government/public...s-15-july-2021
Originally Posted by TTmex View Post
The figures here are nonsense. Do not trust any official channels. They have already shown that the gov is manipulating public records to ensure the real extent (probably 800k plus deaths) is being hidden.
I suppose then, if there is outright fraud, how did it take the UK government so long to figure it out?
Old Aug 6, 21, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I suppose then, if there is outright fraud, how did it take the UK government so long to figure it out?
Diplomacy I guess. Really hard to say
Old Aug 6, 21, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Incompetence? Carelessness? Having priorities in the wrong order?
binman and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 7, 21, 2:46 am

With 6000 Brits trying to get back, 3 or 4 787-9's won't really make a huge difference...why not send a few 777-300's out instead?
Old Aug 7, 21, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just looking at Flightradar24 - see BA2202 CUN-LGW was scheduled to depart 11:30 and arrive into LGW at 03:05 so missing the hotel quarantine deadline by 55 minutes. Flight is showing as delayed and now only departing at 17:50. I assume that means there will be a lot of very unhappy and substantially poorer people on that flight now?
Old Aug 7, 21, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by wijibintheair View Post
Just looking at Flightradar24 - see BA2202 CUN-LGW was scheduled to depart 11:30 and arrive into LGW at 03:05 so missing the hotel quarantine deadline by 55 minutes. Flight is showing as delayed and now only departing at 17:50. I assume that means there will be a lot of very unhappy and substantially poorer people on that flight now?
Hi,

I think there is an exception for flights thart are delayed by a few hours so in this case the pax would avoid having to go into hotel quarantine ( an overnight delay would not be exempted)

Regards

TBS
wijibintheair likes this.
Old Aug 7, 21, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Flightradar is wrong. If you look at the flight in the BA app you will see that it's scheduled to depart on time.
Old Aug 7, 21, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by BWBriscoe View Post
With 6000 Brits trying to get back, 3 or 4 787-9's won't really make a huge difference...why not send a few 777-300's out instead?
To be fair to BA there are still seats available out of Mexico City and Cancun so seems like they got it right

The BA1242 is landing at Gatwick at 00:30 not Heathrow presumably due to slots / handling / border control so late - a rare BA 787 visit !
TTmex likes this.
Old Aug 7, 21, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Looks like it took off with a landing time somewhere near 02:35.
wijibintheair likes this.
Old Aug 7, 21, 11:15 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond in waiting..
In fairness, the UK reached a positive rate of over 40% during the first wave. It's not unreasonable to largely restrict PCR testing to cases where the result is needed for a clinical decision. The statistics don't necessarily misrepresent the situation - the statistics just can't be directly compared to the UK statistics, because they arise in a different clinical context and they measure different things.

In July, an average of 3 Mexico arrivals per day have tested positive for Covid. Given we have 30k reported domestic cases, it is really, really hard to see how 3 cases in home quarantine pose a threat.

Source --> https://www.gov.uk/government/public...s-15-july-2021

Colombian Variant ?
Old Aug 7, 21, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I guess it's a bit like positioning flights for ex EU jaunts.

Take the last available flight at your peril!
Old Aug 7, 21, 11:47 am

I heard the outbound LGW-CUN climb out over the south coast near Portsmouth this morning (0600 or there abouts) ... it's unusual to have heavies flying in that direction so early.

Just seen the carefully timed inbound to LGW has now taken off and should arrive before red rules kick in as planned.

wijibintheair and TTmex like this.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Aug 7, 21 at 11:52 am
Old Aug 8, 21, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Silver / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
they may have been acting as consultants
Old Aug 9, 21, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I don't know about CUN, but there don't seem to be any cancellations of MEX post red list. Good news for those of us connecting through LHR on BA next week.

Anybody done the T4 --> T5 connection lately? I assume that it's not a big deal, as long as you aren't going landside.
Old Aug 9, 21, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
I don't know about CUN, but there don't seem to be any cancellations of MEX post red list. Good news for those of us connecting through LHR on BA next week.

Anybody done the T4 --> T5 connection lately? I assume that it's not a big deal, as long as you aren't going landside.
I believe you'll actually dock at T5 and be let off the plane into the terminal as you are connecting. Those entering the UK will then be bussed to T4.

Search this Thread