Wiki Posts
Search

Mexico moving from Amber to Red List

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Anyway, back to Mexico being on the red list...
For me, the puzzle was why it took so long to get there
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:21 am

I had a BA holiday booked GAT - CUN on 15th August. We just received an email saying it was being cancelled by BA and that we will receive a refund, so any of you who have holiday bookings, check your emails. How quick are BA at processing refunds? The booking still doesn't show as cancelled when I log in.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
With only a token few long haul destinations open, they simply have to offer another status extension to those of us with a year reset in the first half of 2022. Despite the reduced earning thresholds, a number of people have lost half the year.

Well, apart from those that have been flying LHR-MAN-LHR 15 times a week....
Doesn't bother me particularly. Theres plenty of other airlines out there. Being Gold, I get some benefits over flying other airlines in J. If I drop to Silver, theres not really any difference between flying BA Club Europe to, say, Frankfurt or Lufthansa Business.
For someone who isn't particularly bothered, you sound like you're awfully bothered.

BAEC isn't a club for people who fly the most imaginative itineraries or long haul destinations, it's a club for people who are spending their cash how they choose to. BA could not care less where or when you're going.

They don't have to do a thing, and it may hurt you to know that I'll hit Gold in the next couple of months based on domestic and some European travel.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
If you're already there they'll rebook you waiving additional cost to get you back early. I'd assume that MEX and CUN are both good for that. Not long though: today and tomorrow only to arrive back in time before 8th threshold.
Surely a depart on Sat 07/08 counts as you weren't in the red country at 04.00 on 08/08 ?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Surely a depart on Sat 07/08 counts as you weren't in the red country at 04.00 on 08/08 ?
If you arrive after 0400 on 8 August then you are under the amended list and you would be a red arrival if you had been in a red list country in the 10 day period before the day of your arrival - it doesn't matter what colour the country was when you left. The only way to avoid this is to arrive before 0400 on 8 August.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:47 am

I hope BA add Slovenia and Romania back into the schedule for August, I had two trips canceled only about 10 days ago that I'd happily reinstate!
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by sarahw2
I had a BA holiday booked GAT - CUN on 15th August. We just received an email saying it was being cancelled by BA and that we will receive a refund, so any of you who have holiday bookings, check your emails. How quick are BA at processing refunds? The booking still doesn't show as cancelled when I log in.
oh no……..
I just rebooked a previously cancelled flight lgw-cun, to the 15th at 11 o’clock this morning. 🙁
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
The additional flight out of Mexico city is at 3pm on Friday. I believe BA242 at night is already sold out. It wasn't showing up last night for tickets. Warning for anyone taking the additional flight at 3 is that Mexico City on a Friday lunch can be horrific for traffic, even in the pandemic. Leave plenty of time to get there.
Aldoman and acbs like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:53 am

Are they sending a 777 or is it a 787?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by BWBriscoe
Are they sending a 777 or is it a 787?
Appears the regular 787-9, but 777s do sporadically appear on route. Wouldn't fancy "needing" to pay for that flight. Seeing fares of 3.5k usd for a WT return
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by TTmex
Appears the regular 787-9, but 777s do sporadically appear on route. Wouldn't fancy "needing" to pay for that flight. Seeing fares of 3.5k usd for a WT return
I wondered what they were sending for the extra 3pm flight... A 777 would make more sense in terms of capacity.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TTmex
BBC were talking to a couple that just arrived in Mexico, and were on an immediate turn around with a new return flight booked via Miami. Is that allowed if you don't have the right to enter USA?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC
2 flights on Sat morning added:

MEX-LHR: 01:00-17:30
MEX-LGW: 08:00-00:30 (+1)
Aldoman, wrp96 and TTmex like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Agent69
BBC were talking to a couple that just arrived in Mexico, and were on an immediate turn around with a new return flight booked via Miami. Is that allowed if you don't have the right to enter USA?
Not that I'm aware, but perhaps they have some kind of right to enter on dual nationality etc
The _Banking_Scot and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:12 am

Appears a Saturday morning rotation to Gatwick added too. BA1242 at 8am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.