Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

December 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

December 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: BA (OW) - Silver (Sapphire), HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Platinum. Falling!!
Lgw-man now not starting beginning December...flight for 4th cancelled and moved to lhr
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
INV-LHR flight BA1467, early morning flights seems to have been culled for December.

my nice 5hr 45 min connection to Miami now down to 1 hour 5 mins, which I’m not willing to risk on a wild December morning.

is the departure time being moved from 06.50 to 11.35 enough to request a change of departure airport (to GLA)?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GK1981
INV-LHR flight BA1467, early morning flights seems to have been culled for December.

my nice 5hr 45 min connection to Miami now down to 1 hour 5 mins, which I’m not willing to risk on a wild December morning.

is the departure time being moved from 06.50 to 11.35 enough to request a change of departure airport (to GLA)?
if it’s a flight cancellation then yes the 300 mile rule applies and you can rebook to GLA, ABZ, EDI etc.

if it’s the same flight number and just a time change then it doesn’t apply.
GK1981 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Originally Posted by KARFA
if it’s a flight cancellation then yes the 300 mile rule applies and you can rebook to GLA, ABZ, EDI etc.

if it’s the same flight number and just a time change then it doesn’t apply.
It’s a different flight number, thank you! Another call to BA tomorrow.
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:01 pm

I was on the now-cancelled BA438 to AMS, after a two hour layover in LHR after arriving from LAX. I've now been put on BA2760, but that gives me just 55 minutes to transit LHR. I think that violates MCT.

Will BA systems run an check for MCT violations, or must I call in to be put on a more sensible flight?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ShortDog
I was on the now-cancelled BA438 to AMS, after a two hour layover in LHR after arriving from LAX. I've now been put on BA2760, but that gives me just 55 minutes to transit LHR. I think that violates MCT.

Will BA systems run an check for MCT violations, or must I call in to be put on a more sensible flight?
That's definitely a violation of MCT.
The system should check that regularly, but as far as I know there are multiple systems wokring on the reservations.
One tries to change flights after cancellations, anotherone makes sure that they are valid.
If you want it fixed right away or are flying soon it's best to give them a call.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Got a MAN-LHR-MIA flight where the MIA-LHR is AA from T3

Had a time change on my MAN-LHR sector which now means it’s just 90mins connection with terminal change. I know I’d be rebooked on a later LHR-MIA if I missed it but due to travel the other end I can’t afford to miss it.

I believe 90mins is the limit of MCT for a terminal change?? If so, would BA likely change it for me if I asked so I could fly down to heathrow earlier that morning or even the night before?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Bangkok Avios ticket - reroute on Qatar/Finnair

“We are sorry that your flight to/from Bangkok has been cancelled. We don’t underestimate the inconvenience this has caused. If you still wish to travel we may be able to offer you an alternative routing with our partners Finnair/Qatar Airways or on a future direct service with British Airways, subject to availability and ticket validity.”

My original BA ticket was in J booked with Avios (90,000) and the above email says I can possibly reroute onto Qatar or Finnair. Does anyone know if there has to be Avios availability on those flights for this to be possible or if BA would still transfer an Avios ticket to a Qatar / Finnair one even if only revenue classes are available?

If it helps, the Qatar ticket I want is available on a BA codeshare on BA.com and I have BA Silver status. Tried to phone but was waiting so long I had to give up and will try again later.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
“We are sorry that your flight to/from Bangkok has been cancelled. We don’t underestimate the inconvenience this has caused. If you still wish to travel we may be able to offer you an alternative routing with our partners Finnair/Qatar Airways or on a future direct service with British Airways, subject to availability and ticket validity.”

My original BA ticket was in J booked with Avios (90,000) and the above email says I can possibly reroute onto Qatar or Finnair. Does anyone know if there has to be Avios availability on those flights for this to be possible or if BA would still transfer an Avios ticket to a Qatar / Finnair one even if only revenue classes are available?

If it helps, the Qatar ticket I want is available on a BA codeshare on BA.com and I have BA Silver status. Tried to phone but was waiting so long I had to give up and will try again later.
Just answering my own question in case it helps anyone else:

Managed to get through to BA and they moved me onto the Qatar flight BKK-DOH-LHR on BA flight numbers no questions asked. Looking forward to flying on QR’s A380 service to Heathrow, assuming no aircraft change.
jonr405 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Just had my Bordeaux flights cancelled for early December. It seems the routes goes into hibernation for November and early December.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
If the last leg of an ex-EU is cancelled (LUX-BOS), did I read somewhere recently that calling and dropping the ex-EU component entirely wouldn't then be a recalculation?

corporate-wage-slave I think it was your reply!

My LUX flight has been cancelled about 3 times. We are playing whack-a-mole with the rebookings and I'd sooner get rid of it if I could.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Just as an FYI for anyone with AA operated flights: AA pushed through multiple December schedule changes yesterday. I only had one flight that was impacted - that was LAS - LAX where there was a nominal cancellation but the replacement flight (different flight number) left a whole one minute later than the original

That said, for anyone with connections to / from BA flights it's probably worth checking your itinerary.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by noFODplease
If the last leg of an ex-EU is cancelled (LUX-BOS), did I read somewhere recently that calling and dropping the ex-EU component entirely wouldn't then be a recalculation?

corporate-wage-slave I think it was your reply!

My LUX flight has been cancelled about 3 times. We are playing whack-a-mole with the rebookings and I'd sooner get rid of it if I could.
You can delete shorthaul sectors which are cancelled on longhaul trips, and not get recalculated. But you need to do this fairly neatly, you can delete sectors which are still operating or move gateways or move dates. The esence is to retain the longhaul as originally booked.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by HarryKUK

They should transfer you FoC as it's an involuntary cancellation.

That said, check the Thailand rules before you do this. They are accepting people from only 10 countries without quarantine after the 1st November. { Not sure which countries, or if you transfer in a country not on that list, you may have to quarantine. }

EDIT: Just seen you already have done it.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Geordie405
Just as an FYI for anyone with AA operated flights: AA pushed through multiple December schedule changes yesterday. I only had one flight that was impacted - that was LAS - LAX where there was a nominal cancellation but the replacement flight (different flight number) left a whole one minute later than the original

That said, for anyone with connections to / from BA flights it's probably worth checking your itinerary.
Had a BA Holidays codeshare flight impacted by this. AA have up-gauged the plane and changed the flight number (timings have also changed) but most annoyingly the BA code hasn’t yet appeared, so as it currently stands I’d lose my double Tier Point bonus. How long before BA usually catches up on these types of things?

Pilot37

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.