Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

December 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

December 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I don't know which order they are going with but not all the cancellations are finalized.
As of now: Paris, Istanbul, Athens, Larnaca, Manchester and many more are not even touched for December.
Frankfurt still going strong as well.
BA906 is what I'm booked on at the moment, not sure it'll make it...
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I have just had two cancellations for December: BA1326 LHR - NCL and BA1327 NCL - LHR have both been cancelled. From what I can see there's now only two daily flights to / from NCL. There also seems to be a real paucity of options to get from the USA to the UK from 21st December onwards. The only option that BA shows for a LAS departure on 21st December is now via MIA, arriving into NCL on the 23rd December. It's marginally better on the 22nd December, with three options but all are +2d arrivals. Not sure what is going on but it's a ludicrous situation to be in. BA is hardly going to entice people to fly if it keeps slashing its schedules like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
Prague has been trimmed for Dec as well.

LHR - PRG 09 Dec 1020 cancelled.

Options are now 0710 or 1935 ☹️
Same here. LHR to PRG Dec 10 now the evening flight. Now have a 7+ hour layover in LHR. (Flying in from SEA) First world problem I guess. I at least I have OW Emerald lounge access. :-)
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Klrduks
Same here. LHR to PRG Dec 10 now the evening flight. Now have a 7+ hour layover in LHR. (Flying in from SEA) First world problem I guess. I at least I have OW Emerald lounge access. :-)
I’d be going into central London for lunch personally.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Just had BA0951 MUC-LHR cancelled on the 10th, means another day of trying to contact BA tomorrow, never spent so much time on the phone.
The alternative offered at 0745 is a nonstarter., I don’t mind starting at that time from home but not from foreign shores.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Only if the COVID rules change. Much easier to transit then to go through immigration at this point for US Citizens.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
On a positive note I was able to get rebooked over the phone with BA. The call itself was about an hour with 40 minutes or so spent on hold. The agent I spoke with was extremely helpful, and although she offered the direct LAS - LHR service had no issues with the more convoluted routing that I proposed.

It means we now leave LAS on the evening of the 20th rather than the morning of the 21st and fly LAS - LAX - JFK - LHR - NCL instead of LAS - JFK - LHR - NCL. It means an enforced overnight in LAX and an earlier arrival into NCL. However, it's 40 extra TPs, lie flat beds on the 321-T between LAX and JFK, plus club suites JFK - LHR. Every cloud has a silver lining!
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:20 am

BA just cancelled my BA868 flight to BUD on Dec 16th. Not a lot of space left around the festivities on that route...
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:15 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I don't know which order they are going with but not all the cancellations are finalized.
As of now: Paris, Istanbul, Athens, Larnaca, Manchester and many more are not even touched for December.
Paris has. I booked yesterday afternoon and it got cancelled that night. I can’t keep up. Sofia has lost the Saturday rotation in November but I expect that everyone knows that.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA829 DUB-LHR on Dec 26th canceled. 20:40 departure. Looks like theyve canceled all later evening flights from BHD and DUB. That's my Boxing Day plans shot.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Loads of MLA cancellations this morning.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:35 am

Got a cancellation yesterday for LHR to BUD on 2nd December, shifting us from morning flight to the evening flight, looking on Book a flight and ITA Matrix today though there doesn't seem to be any flights on 02/12 LHR to BUD... Hoping it's just sold out and we haven't got another cancellation email on the way
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Does send a really bad message to promote the business on the basis that things are starting to get back to normal and then announce a host of cancellations to places with very few Covid restrictions. 'Book with not much confidence', I fear.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:43 am

Are these cancellations all ex LGW flights before they got transferred to LHR? Mine was that's all. Are they all low loads?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Never Stansted
Does send a really bad message to promote the business on the basis that things are starting to get back to normal and then announce a host of cancellations to places with very few Covid restrictions. 'Book with not much confidence', I fear.
It's frustrating, but I don't think they can do much else at the moment, it's one reason why I booked 5 weekend break holidays in 5 months - in the hope that at least one or two of them might actually happen!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.