Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class lounge (First Wing promotion)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
As you have spent a lot it might be worth asking BA Holidays directly, if they say yes then great, but if they say no then you can decide on the day whether or not you want to ask at the first wing
Sophie Jsy likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by layz
As you have spent a lot it might be worth asking BA Holidays directly, if they say yes then great, but if they say no then you can decide on the day whether or not you want to ask at the first wing
They did say yes 😊
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Good result ! Let's hope the message filters through to the First Wing !
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sophie Jsy
They did say yes 😊
The champagne is better in GC right now. You might be better off having bubbles up there then popping downstairs for a bite to eat.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:01 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Speedbird Julie
The champagne is better in GC right now. You might be better off having bubbles up there then popping downstairs for a bite to eat.
I rather like the Lanson Extra Age Rose in the First lounge. Agree not much in it where the Brut is concerned.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Good result ! Let's hope the message filters through to the First Wing !
They send you an e-mail to show the check-in staff.
volar and mikeyfly like this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Sophie Jsy
They send you an e-mail to show the check-in staff.
I have qualified but never got an email. I need to call up to ask, is it an automated email or just a note from whoever you speak to on the phone? Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2021, 4:35 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jed
I rather like the Lanson Extra Age Rose in the First lounge. Agree not much in it where the Brut is concerned.
It's a little sweet for me. I really, really like the Canard Duchene and would love to see it back in GF.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:05 am

I am due to fly in 5 days and haven’t received the email yet

Originally Posted by danboy767
I have qualified but never got an email. I need to call up to ask, is it an automated email or just a note from whoever you speak to on the phone? Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Currently on a BAH
Never got a email but did not matter as GCH
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Reviving this thread - with apologies if it’s been done elsewhere.

Is that offer of First Wing access on holidays still running?

I’m GCH, so normally check in our bags at First Wing anyway and then - if with family - head down to regular security (although think Mrs R may be Silver again by now, not really sure).

Anyway, is this offer still open? We are travelling next week on a BA holidays package, which was over £2,500 PP - one GCH adult, no one else with Gold in the party (one other adult and two kids). Not massively fussed, but will we get First Wing access and Galleries First? Or will this be the usual “BA discretion” (I have a 50/50 strike rate at being told to just take the kids through FW as extra guests, less so now they are getting older and I suspect not during peak summer holidays).

flying Club Europe if that makes any difference
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by ratypus
Reviving this thread - with apologies if it’s been done elsewhere.

Is that offer of First Wing access on holidays still running?

I’m GCH, so normally check in our bags at First Wing anyway and then - if with family - head down to regular security (although think Mrs R may be Silver again by now, not really sure).

Anyway, is this offer still open? We are travelling next week on a BA holidays package, which was over £2,500 PP - one GCH adult, no one else with Gold in the party (one other adult and two kids). Not massively fussed, but will we get First Wing access and Galleries First? Or will this be the usual “BA discretion” (I have a 50/50 strike rate at being told to just take the kids through FW as extra guests, less so now they are getting older and I suspect not during peak summer holidays).

flying Club Europe if that makes any difference
I think it was an offer that expired last September?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 7:48 am

Ok yes maybe it was - just haven’t really been following at all. I knew they were still doing double tier points (although that seems quite theoretical as I’m missing about 500 TP from various trips which should definitely have qualified, going back months….yes I’ve emailed BA but heard nothing…)

so I’ll just ignore that and assume no FW or GF access - it makes very little difference really with the kids as lounge or airport generally is not somewhere to spend more time than necessary!
Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ratypus
Ok yes maybe it was - just haven’t really been following at all. I knew they were still doing double tier points (although that seems quite theoretical as I’m missing about 500 TP from various trips which should definitely have qualified, going back months….yes I’ve emailed BA but heard nothing…)

so I’ll just ignore that and assume no FW or GF access - it makes very little difference really with the kids as lounge or airport generally is not somewhere to spend more time than necessary!
I think you can still check in at the first wing, assuming the queue is shorter than the club check in, then head through normal fast track to galleries club by virtue of your club Europe tickets. I guess you could ask nicely at the first wing boarding pass check but expect the answer to be no, anything else is a bonus.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:30 am

Yep exactly that’s my normal plan - check bags at FW (if queue at Club is longer) and then go through regular fast track security. Won’t bother with lounge unless it’s a B or C gate for Galleries Club B - the A lounges are so heaving normally it’s more relaxing to just go find a quiet corner somewhere in the main area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.