Search

(Partial) Self service is back in GF

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2021, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

(Partial) Self service is back in GF

As of this morning!

Drinks, coffee and some food is available self serve, however the app remains for everything if you prefer delivery to seat. This seems an excellent compromise as on my last couple of visits the lounge has been very busy and the leadtime for orders really quite long.

the self serve selection is coffee, tea, spirits, soft drinks, crisps, bacon rolls, muffins and fruit. The wine bar is still in place and the buffet area is still being used purely by staff for food service.

The GM (a very nice lady called Julie, I think) was taking some snaps of the layout and asked me what I thought. Positive change was my view - the flexibility to grab something in a hurry is most welcome, in addition to the convenience of table service.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
At risk of prompting an intervention, is there any sign of the JW Blue being back? Doesn't seem to be on the online menu.

Keeping the choice is a great compromise.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 2:50 am

Must be huge staffing implications for the order method? Although everything else is going hybrid, why not this
Old Aug 4, 2021, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drwook
At risk of prompting an intervention, is there any sign of the JW Blue being back? Doesn't seem to be on the online menu.

Only Red and Black I’m afraid

Last edited by Swanhunter; Aug 4, 2021 at 6:53 am
Old Aug 4, 2021, 3:53 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Only Red and Blue I’m afraid
Red and Black?
Old Aug 4, 2021, 4:04 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

Only in the CCT/CCR as far as I know. Probably due to folk decanting it into bottles when it was free pour.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Only in the CCT/CCR as far as I know. Probably due to folk decanting it into bottles when it was free pour.
No way - some folks who have had access to GF felt the need to pour whisky in bottles they brought from home?

[and I was feeling almost guilty when I took a can of beer on a Y long haul]
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond

This question, but for the Laphroaig.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
I noticed that things were happening in the GF food area last Saturday and that the tea/coffee machines were available for use. The at-table service was very quick (<5 mins) - thankfully after a 40+ min check leaving only a few minutes in the lounge (then, of course, an hour+ no going anywhere on the plane!).
Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jed
Red and Black?
yes! My post has been amended
Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
As of this morning!

Drinks, coffee and some food is available self serve, however the app remains for everything if you prefer delivery to seat.
Which app is required, and can I install it prior to my visit? Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Starship73
Which app is required, and can I install it prior to my visit? Thanks

Hi,

You scan a QR code on your table, open the link, sign in with the lounge wifi password , enter your name ( so the staff can confirm your order when it comes to your table and then it brings up the menu.

Regards

TBS
Starship73 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.