Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by David Howarth
will there not be the same (or very similar) flights going out? So meaning a similar level of crowds etc?
In Manchester, different schools have different half terms etc, so a week on week comparison is hard to make. Thats just one factor. Also, delays at the airport are not directly linked to number of flights, there are many variables.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
In Manchester, different schools have different half terms etc, so a week on week comparison is hard to make. Thats just one factor. Also, delays at the airport are not directly linked to number of flights, there are many variables.
none will have half term next week but I take your point. I still naively think the best comparison is on the same day outside of school holidays but not to worry, what will be will be
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Anyone in T3 today? We fly MAN-LHR at 13:00 2 weeks today so I was wondering how busy check in, security and the lounge is? We’ve a connection at LHR 2.5 hours after the scheduled landing so I’m hoping Manchester is nice and efficient and away on time
Welcome to FlyerTalk David Howarth it's good to see you here. MAN in my home airport and even thought it has had some much deserved poor publicity in recent months I'm pleased to say the security situation has improved somewhat over the last several weeks.

I've not witnessed any long queues for quite some time. I've been on the 13:00 flight a number of times in recent weeks and the security lines have been fine - probably waits of 10-20 minutes at worst. Please come back closer to departure and I sure either myself or one of the other MAN regulars will be able to provide more up to date information.

Please stay around, there's lots of information available here that will help you along your journeys,
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Welcome to FlyerTalk David Howarth it's good to see you here. MAN in my home airport and even thought it has had some much deserved poor publicity in recent months I'm pleased to say the security situation has improved somewhat over the last several weeks.

I've not witnessed any long queues for quite some time. I've been on the 13:00 flight a number of times in recent weeks and the security lines have been fine - probably waits of 10-20 minutes at worst. Please come back closer to departure and I sure either myself or one of the other MAN regulars will be able to provide more up to date information.

Please stay around, there's lots of information available here that will help you along your journeys,
Very helpful, thank you very much! I’ve learnt so much from just browsing these forums the last few days, such a great amount of knowledge and help available
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond

The old BA lounge is now a 'quiet seating area' - pic of the entrance above. It's pretty spartan but people were using it for its intended purpose. There's a coffee stand (closed at the time of my visit) halfway around the circle, from about where the bar area used to be.
DYKWIA, DeathSlam and BarneyMcGrew like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Tryhard

The old BA lounge is now a 'quiet seating area' - pic of the entrance above. It's pretty spartan but people were using it for its intended purpose. There's a coffee stand (closed at the time of my visit) halfway around the circle, from about where the bar area used to be.
Ahh classic council run crap facility....this airport is a joke
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
this sign will explain it.
the quality and the professional delivery.

PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
At least they’re using it for something which is more than BA were willing to do, I guess.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Krisz
this sign will explain it.
the quality and the professional delivery.

Reminds me of this

Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Never Stansted
At least they’re using it for something which is more than BA were willing to do, I guess.
Yes, big shame BA let it go....

But surely they could do something better (maybe thats the long term plan? or will they just wait until the major renovation is due?)
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yes, big shame BA let it go....

But surely they could do something better (maybe thats the long term plan? or will they just wait until the major renovation is due?)
If I had to guess they’ll probably use it as additional seating through the summer peak and then convert at least part of it into an Escape lounge extension in the winter lull (or potentially offer it to Swissport as an Aspire T3). I think pre-Covid the aim was that T3 would be knocked down at some point but doubt that’s happening any time soon now.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Anyone in T3 today? We fly MAN-LHR at 13:00 2 weeks today so I was wondering how busy check in, security and the lounge is? ….
If it’s helpful, today at 09:40, security took 13 minutes in fast track. Normal security would have been quicker. Very generally, 04:00 to 08:30 is busy. Around midday tends to be quieter. As others have mentioned, it’s a bit unpredictable though.

Check in looked ok, but I was HBO so didn’t use it.

The new quiet area in place of the former BA lounge, has no toilets. The old BA lounge ones aren’t open. The nearest toilets are downstairs by gate 50.

Last edited by rjn21; Jun 10, 2022 at 3:14 am
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

What am I missing? People are complaining that there is not enough seating in T3, so the airport have introduced a new seating area in the old BA lounge. And yet you're still complaining?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by rjn21
If it’s helpful, today at 09:40, security took 13 minutes in fast track. Normal security would have been quicker. Very generally, 04:00 to 08:30 is busy. Around midday tends to be quieter. As others have mentioned, it’s a bit unpredictable though.

Check in looked ok, but I was HBO so didn’t use it.

The new quiet area in place of the former BA lounge, has no toilets. The old BA lounge ones aren’t open. The nearest toilets are downstairs by gate 50.
Really helpful, fingers crossed it’s the same when we are there. Thank you so much!
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
What’s the baggage claim situation at the moment? We’re on the last flight up tonight landing 23:05. Anyone got any recent experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.