Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

BA experience at Manchester

BA experience at Manchester

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 17, 22, 5:11 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Wiki Link
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 6, 22, 2:56 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
BA do not fly from MAN-MCO directly and do not currently have any long-haul flights operated by Aer Lingus on their behalf.
Aer Lingus fly to MCO, JFK and BGI from MAN.
SW7London likes this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 3:14 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Correct, but the poster said a BA flight, flown by Aer Lingus....I was clarifying that it doesn't exist.
Old Jun 6, 22, 3:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Correct, but the poster said a BA flight, flown by Aer Lingus....I was clarifying that it doesn't exist.
Well, yes and no. There are BA code share flights on those routes.
Old Jun 6, 22, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Slightly OT however I thought since Brexit UK carriers could not fly from EU countries to non EU countries, and assume it would be similar for EU carriers flying to non EU countries from the UK.

Am I wrong or does Ireland have an exception here re fifth freedom from UK to non EU countries? Having a look online cant see anything about fifth freedom being preserved!
Old Jun 6, 22, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by SW7London View Post
Slightly OT however I thought since Brexit UK carriers could not fly from EU countries to non EU countries, and assume it would be similar for EU carriers flying to non EU countries from the UK.

Am I wrong or does Ireland have an exception here re fifth freedom from UK to non EU countries? Having a look online cant see anything about fifth freedom being preserved!
You are right. Aer Lingus has got around this by establishing Aer Lingus UK, a UK based, registered and regulated subsidiary, to operate the flights. Ryanair has done something similar and easyJet has done the reverse with Austrian based easyJet Europe.
SW7London likes this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by sigma421 View Post
You are right. Aer Lingus has got around this by establishing Aer Lingus UK, a UK based, registered and regulated subsidiary, to operate the flights. Ryanair has done something similar and easyJet has done the reverse with Austrian based easyJet Europe.
Interesting. Historically if the subsidiary was foreign owned (like the Aer Lingus UK subsidiary is here) I thought that was the key point - otherwise what is the point of these restrictions?

This could also be an indirect route for certain countries to get additional traffic rights beyond their agreed bilateral - tell their carriers to set up a subsidiary in another country and leverage that country's bilateral?!

(I appreciate Brexit may be considered somewhat unique in the context of aviation rights however surprised this is allowed by UK/EU and third countries)
Old Jun 6, 22, 4:05 am

We are veering way off topic here, perhaps the Aer Lingus side discussion might be better pursued elsewhere in the forum so we can concentrate on discussing the BA experience at MAN?
LCSinTexas and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 5:22 am

Any clue if the escape lounge is expanding into the old BA lounge? building work has been spotted last two time I was there
Old Jun 6, 22, 5:37 am

Any clue if the escape lounge is expanding into the old BA lounge? building work has been spotted last two time I was there
I asked a couple of weeks ago but the only information I could get from the lounge staff was they are doing it up. So make of that what you will ...
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 6:13 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by sigma421 View Post
You can book them on a BA flight number though, which I assume is what they were getting at.
yes, exactly this (and what I wrote -BA operated by Aer Lingus). For info the flight number is BA6153
Old Jun 6, 22, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
I asked a couple of weeks ago but the only information I could get from the lounge staff was they are doing it up. So make of that what you will ...
Yet another WHsmiths?
Old Jun 6, 22, 6:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yet another WHsmiths?
you can never have too many!

MaxFlyer, Krisz, sigma421 and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 7, 22, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA CCR, BA LTG, BA GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
In terms of collection from T3, I have attached a picture with some (badly) mouse drawn routes on it to the collection point.

The red line marks how the signs direct you from T3 arrivals to the pick up zone. The initial part is covered as it is heading to T1. Instead of going under the Airport City office building towards T1, you follow it to the right. There is no cover from this point until the pick up zone. The signs direct you around the back of the police station. The more direct route pavement is narrow, but still viable. The pavement surface is ok for wheely bags.

Once at the pick up zone there are 2 payment terminals marked as yellow dots. The driver uses the orange token disc, they received on entrance to the pick up zone, to pay the parking - 6 for up to 30 minutes. One payment machine is currently INOP. The receipt printer on the functional machine is currently INOP. Therefore no receipts are currently available. The machines take cards inc AmEx. The machines look like those multi currency charging machines often seen in Europe, so non-GB denominated cards may be DCCd or have no option to pay other than in the card's native currency. My cards are GB so I don't know.

There is a small covered area next to the payment machines. In inclement weather you will want to wait in the Multi-storey. The multi-storey has been split in half. The half nearest the terminal is now reserved for the valet drop and go. Do not enter that in a car unless you intend to use it. You aren't supposed to reverse out and there are cameras presumably to issue fines to the unwary. I watched 3 cars enter the valet park & go lane system, near where it says Etihad Airways on the google map, then realise their (possibly costly) mistake and then try to back out.

Currently the green line is viable to walk under cover in the multi-storey. MAN has full barriers, presumably ready to be put in place to prevent walking through the valet drop and go, but at the moment it is passable on foot.

The entrance and exit to the pick up zone are arrowed (again badly) in purple. The entrance is quite tight as you have to turn back on yourself from the road then sharply again to line up to the barriers. In typical MAN style there are big concrete kerbs which will damage wheels and tyres making contact. I would suggest using the centre or right entrance lane. ​​​​​​The centre entrance lane is currently INOP.

MaxFlyer and Tobias-UK like this.

Last edited by rjn21; Jun 7, 22 at 3:19 pm
Old Jun 8, 22, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC
MAN Airside Transfer BA to CX

Apologies in advance if this is not the correct thread. Does anyone know if airside transfers are still available at MAN?

I am travelling on BA LHR-MAN which I expect to land in T3, and connecting to a CX MAN-HKG flight from T2 (all on one ticket). I heard a worrying rumour that airside transfers were suspended and that passengers would need to exit landside and then re-enter going through the T2 security chaos. Would anyone be able to confirm if this is true please? Many thanks in advance
Old Jun 8, 22, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by as38 View Post
Apologies in advance if this is not the correct thread. Does anyone know if airside transfers are still available at MAN?

I am travelling on BA LHR-MAN which I expect to land in T3, and connecting to a CX MAN-HKG flight from T2 (all on one ticket). I heard a worrying rumour that airside transfers were suspended and that passengers would need to exit landside and then re-enter going through the T2 security chaos. Would anyone be able to confirm if this is true please? Many thanks in advance
There was no airside transfer 2 weeks ago when I tried to do a Back to back. I asked the agents, they have called their managers but was told I have to go landside through security. I think recently the chaos down to airline checkin counters and not that much of security so check through your bags so you can go straight to security. I wouldn't worry much in a bad day it might take 45-60 min really depends on the time of the day.

Search this Thread