Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Overcrowded

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
So, your only complaints are that there are more commoners than you'd like, and they're spoiling your view from the lounge?
I think really it’s just a case of overcrowding and too many passengers trying to use too few facilities as a terminal that was clearly not designed for such numbers.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Took the 1140 this morning in Euro Traveller, avoiding the Euston closure. Got there for 0920, at check in 0925 (desk numbers wrong on MMB incidentally). Club queue barely moved after 10 mins so switched into Traveller, but they moved a staff member over so in the end took exactly the same about of time and bags were dropped by 0950. Incidentally no one was using the Traveller lane just Club and Verifly so technically could have walked straight to the front.

Security was quiet and efficient enough no queue at Fast Track or regular and was through to air side by 1000. Lots of bags going to secondary. So 40 mins all told.

Hard to know if all of this a bank holiday effect or now safe to leave a little less time at Manchester outside of the early morning rush

Airside a little more annoying. Only food place I could see was the bar in the centre of the atrium and queue took 20 mins to order.

Flight then uneventful. Landed 1230, at gate 10 mins early at 1240, but bags not on the belt until 1315 which was a little frustrating.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:55 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by SxMan
I think really it’s just a case of overcrowding and too many passengers trying to use too few facilities as a terminal that was clearly not designed for such numbers.
Closing the BA lounge hardly helped

Let's hope the rumour that the Escape lounge will expand is not just a rumour.
NicholasMAN likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
There appear issues with queues again at MAN this morning:

Silver Fox and Mr Silver K like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
There appear issues with queues again at MAN this morning:
This is the queue for T1 I assume? If you do have Fast Track I assume you would just walk past the queue...
Old May 5, 2022, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by ademanuele
This is the queue for T1 I assume? If you do have Fast Track I assume you would just walk past the queue...
Those are queues for check-in (note the big bags). Not sure if it's T1 or T2, or which airline.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
That’s possibly the sky walk to T2?
Old May 5, 2022, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
That’s possibly the sky walk to T2?
Yeah - probably TUI.

I've got an AF flight in a couple of weeks from T2. Flight is 06:00 - so I'm probably going to set off at 03:00 In J fortunately... so should have Fastrack.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Those are queues for check-in (note the big bags). Not sure if it's T1 or T2, or which airline.
Yes, it’s difficult to work out given the angle of the photograph.

For those not familiar with MAN, this is the walkway that connects T2 to the train station and T1. It is also the route from the train station to T3. The queue in the photograph is not T3 (BA/FR) but either to the T1 or T2 checkin area, I suspect it is to T2.
Old May 5, 2022, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC
The buildings on the left of the walkway visible through the window would indicate it is a queue to T2 (I think..)
Old May 5, 2022, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Does this just affect paid FastTrack or will status passengers be affected as well?

Manchester Airport FastTrack express lanes through security suspended: https://www.lancs.live/news/uk-world...lanes-23868189
Old May 5, 2022, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
Does this just affect paid FastTrack or will status passengers be affected as well?

Manchester Airport FastTrack express lanes through security suspended: https://www.lancs.live/news/uk-world...lanes-23868189
The linked article says “Bookings made historically will be honoured” so I suspect status passengers will come under that category. It appears they have suspended the sale of fast track passes rather than suspending fast track itself.
Workie Ticket likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The linked article says “Bookings made historically will be honoured” so I suspect status passengers will come under that category. It appears they have suspended the sale of fast track passes rather than suspending fast track itself.
Indeed, and it's been like that for a while (since the meltdown a month or so back).
Old May 5, 2022, 5:26 am

The queues depicted above are related to TUI in T2 who are having significant handling issues from their contracted supplier (Swissport) often resulting in significant Operational issues. Swissport have been paying x3/hourly O.T rate for months now and are still struggling. This is what happens when you let an industry (Ground handling) spiral down into the abyss.

M.A.G Security on the other hand has been operating relativly well of late.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Arrived at T3 at 3:30am for the 6:55am flight to LHR.

To my surprise 3 check-in agents were already getting things ready and as a result check-in opened at 3:40am (as opposed to the advertised 4am). I was checked in in 2 minutes and through a fairly fast moving FastTrack lane. The person policing the FastTrack lane didn’t believe me that my BA Gold status allowed me to access FastTrack nor that Club Europe was business class. They wanted to see the word business on the boarding pass! This would all be solved is BA just printed FastTrack on the boarding passes. Anyway, he said go ahead but they’ll turn your back, which of course they, being the machine, didn’t.

I got to the Escape lounge just before 4am where there was a queue of about 15 people waiting to for it to open.

It seemed that they were only letting people flying BA or who had pre-booked in and turning people away even at 4am. The lounge had about 75% of seats reserved for pre-books. Even the BA section only had about 6 unreserved seats.

The airport was very busy in general with long queues to get into eateries in the main departure hall.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.