Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
Are these issues in all terminals or just at T1. Flying out of T2 on the 28th with two kids under three years old early in the morning. Really don't fancy queing around for hours
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:17 pm

Flying J to LHR on Sunday 3rd April on the 11:40 - what time would you recommend we arrive for checkin / security.

Same for our family traveling Y to LHR on Tuesday 5th departing 06:45. No status.

3hrs before, longer?

if I could, I would cancel the MAN/LHR leg and just drive to LHR but unfortunately this is not an option.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by LucyK1806
Flying J to LHR on Sunday 3rd April on the 11:40 - what time would you recommend we arrive for checkin / security.

Same for our family traveling Y to LHR on Tuesday 5th departing 06:45. No status.

3hrs before, longer?

if I could, I would cancel the MAN/LHR leg and just drive to LHR but unfortunately this is not an option.

Are BA actually moving back to T3 on the 27th March? If so, don't know what effect this would have on security if there are solely T3 based.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:29 pm

Had an email about tomorrow evenings flight to LHR

"Thank you for choosing to fly with British Airways.

We are expecting Manchester airport to be busier than normal tomorrow due to security resourcing issues. We encourage you to arrive early for check-in and to go through security no later than 1hr 30mins prior to departure."

Wonder how busy they are expecting it and whether they will open check in/bag drop any earlier. Seriously hoping its not like yesterday but have a funny feeling it might be!
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Well, I'm doing train then tube, and Hilton Garden Inn instead of MAN to get my flight out of LHR tomorrow. Simply not worth it anymore. Feet have been voted with.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Originally Posted by Krisz
Well I decided to give some pro tips for passengers from Manchester Airport to able to pass through security.

1. Forget everything you know from any previous experience in any other airports.
2. Take out your laptop out to a tray. Take out your iPad, e-readers to a tray. (sounds standard right?) Now make sure your phone or basically any electronics items like a smartwatch, anything is going in a tray and it's not in your bag or coat pocket.
3. Make sure all cables (charging or not) is out in a tray laying flat.
4. if you have any glass object in your pocket or in your bag you need to put in a tray.
5. if you have many layers of clothes or items, yes take it out to a tray.
6. if the staff say it's not necessary, don't argue with them, just smile back and continue with the process of taking out to a tray.
7. make sure you don't have any liquid with you. Doesn't matter how small or big and doesn't matter if you separated from anything and it is on its own tray just don't... Staff will send it secondary screening because your 100ml perfume bottle looks too big. you might be lucky with a very tiny 10 ml something but I would rather not chance it.
8. The real pro doesn't have any bag in Manchester airport, doesn't wear a belt, only wears a converse trainer, doesn't wear a coat, or jumpers, probably a light cotton trousers with hopefully plastic buttons and a short sleeve t-shirt or shirt.
So as you can see you will probably ending up using 5-6 trays maybe more but the key to success is to remove everything and place it in a tray. If this fails then you just get your tray "randomly" selected for secondary screening (in Manchester Airport the random means every 8th tray or so) hence my point 8 is important.
You might say, this is crazy but as you understand now it is the passengers fault not to comply with these requirements... if everyone would follow these simple steps, especially point 8, then Manchester Airport security would like a breeze...
i tried the ‘do it naked’ approach, but I still got hauled to secondary. They said my belly was so fat, hiding my ‘johnson’, that this was considered a ‘concealed weapon’

OK, well I thought it was funny
toothy, bhbloke and allycat53 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
You could try turning up naked at MAN. You’d still get pulled for a secondary. It’s the absolute pits of an airport. Incompetent management on a heroic scale. Totally unfit for purpose. I wish BA would switch to the tin shed known as LPL.
And from LPL

Krisz, GlasgowBlue, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by xenole
Are BA actually moving back to T3 on the 27th March? If so, don't know what effect this would have on security if there are solely T3 based.
No improvement, as MAN airport will have the same amount of security people. I heard that even if T3 opens they still use it the T1 checkin and security. (let see what happens) Even before covid T3 was a disaster when they had kind of enough people. So please don't have your hope high, the max we see is not one but two long lines. One for T1 and the other for T3.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
They seem to have a few MAN trolls going.. This is very CWS:

And while MAN actually had a much better day today compared to yesteday, with only about a third of services delayed by the problems with security, almost every flight left LPL on time today. The one exception was a Loganair aircraft from IOM, which had previously started the day at another airport in NW England......
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
EasyJet taking the initiative with recruitment of redundant P&O staff to ease staffing issues. MAN could do the same.

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2...edium=facebook
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Furton
Are these issues in all terminals or just at T1. Flying out of T2 on the 28th with two kids under three years old early in the morning. Really don't fancy queing around for hours
Don't worry, T2 is just as bad for queues. Friend flew out of there on Sunday morning to Bridgetown and spent 3 hours queuing. Enjoy!
Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:42 am

Purchasing a Fast Pass might be a good idea.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:21 am

​​​​​​The website won't let me as we have kids ?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:23 am

Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Are you taking them in buggies? Website says you can use Fast Track if so.

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...with-children/

"

Other airport facilities

Other child-friendly services that the airport offers include a free fast lane through security if you have a child in a pushchair"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.