Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Well, just returned from my LCY-MAN-LCY shuffle, and it will be my last. That airport has somehow managed to get even worse over the Covid period. Good to see MAG used the downtime to invest in some new multi-storey car parks though, but the moving walkways from the station are still dead. Can anyone remember when they last worked?

Arriving with BA is weird, you exit into a dead terminal, and have to slide over to T1 to try to access any of the airport services. As for the grandly titled Car Rental Village, who on earth thought it was a great plan to put a car rental site a 15 minute walk from the closest terminal, in a place where it seems to rain every day of the year? The shuttle buses are intermittent, at best.

Departing today with hand luggage only, using T1 which really needs flattening asap, they had no issue with me using Fast Track security. A great shortcut instead of walking through miles of tensa barriers, until you get to the machine and it's not working. Staff just standing around chatting, no attempt to explain why it's backed up or move you to another lane. Finally get through that mess, and you are sent to the Escape dungeon. I thought the Newcastle alternative to the now defunct BA lounge was a comedown, but blimey this one is on another level.

And to top it off the BA App is telling me that my flight is delayed by half an hour and when I stroll to the gate they're about to shut the door and leave without me (Not MAG's fault, granted)

Anyhow, back to paying the exorbitant Avanti West prices for me. This was an experience I don't want to endure again.
skipness1E likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Who is actually responsible here? What team at BA has responsibilty for the customer experience at UK outstations? And who heads that team? Only a concerted effort towards a names individual will make any progress IMHO. Classic benign neglect here, no one cares enough to drive change.

No name, no accountability, no chance. And no, I don't mean a witch hunt. I just mean challenging the toleration of service levels that their predecessors would have been dismissed for.
pennineuk likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:36 am

I was chatting to a poor fella in front of me as the security debacle in front of us unfolded (or actually didn't unfold, there was complete inaction and disinterest from all staff) and he told me that it's his local airport and undoubtedly the worst one he has to use globally. He wasn't in the least surprised at the mess, and said this was the Manchester experience. (He wasn't flying BA so won't be able to add to this thread)
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Did you try to do a b2b at MAN on cityflyer? I think this is enough to get you sectioned
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by skipness1E
Who is actually responsible here? What team at BA has responsibilty for the customer experience at UK outstations? And who heads that team? Only a concerted effort towards a names individual will make any progress IMHO. Classic benign neglect here, no one cares enough to drive change.

No name, no accountability, no chance. And no, I don't mean a witch hunt. I just mean challenging the toleration of service levels that their predecessors would have been dismissed for.
I think its proven that BA dont give a damn and continue to take on point to point and through tickets.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:07 pm

I'm flying MAN-LHR-JFK on Friday. It's highly likely I'll be unable to check-in online. The flight from Manchester is at 6:15am. Can anyone advise what time check-in will open at MAN and what time you would personally look to arrive to check-in in timely fashion?

Thank you!
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Did you try to do a b2b at MAN on cityflyer? I think this is enough to get you sectioned
I think that's impossible? They normally only depart just before LCY shuts for 24 hours.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by bhbloke
I think that's impossible? They normally only depart just before LCY shuts for 24 hours.
maybe misunderstood then. How long did you have at man for your lcy-man-lcy?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
maybe misunderstood then. How long did you have at man for your lcy-man-lcy?
Just over 24 hours, plenty of time for a trip to Wigan for a football match and night out.

I think these are the longest B2B's you can do, ie returning on the same aircrafts next flight back?
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Morning all, can I clarify something please I understand BA Man to London check in at T1 however the return arrives at T3 therefore you pick up luggage in T3 and book taxis to pick up at T3 is this correct?

Also what’s the best lounge to visit, at Man we’re flying business and also have priority pass

thanks
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by mycity68
Morning all, can I clarify something please I understand BA Man to London check in at T1 however the return arrives at T3 therefore you pick up luggage in T3 and book taxis to pick up at T3 is this correct?

Also whats the best lounge to visit, at Man were flying business and also have priority pass

thanks
The Aspire lounge is better than the Escape lounge, but it's only open until midday at the moment.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:39 am

You do exit out of T3 but everything including taxis and pickup is at T1 I understand.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The Aspire lounge is better than the Escape lounge, but it's only open until midday at the moment.
The views are certainly better, but I’ve found the catering poorer in quality and choice than the Escape lounge.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
I heard back from BA re. Fast Track and they confirmed that there are no changes, also BA are moving back to T3 for the summer season, could be as early as April but date not yet confirmed. Be interesting to see what they. do about lounge access...
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ademanuele
I heard back from BA re. Fast Track and they confirmed that there are no changes, also BA are moving back to T3 for the summer season, could be as early as April but date not yet confirmed. Be interesting to see what they. do about lounge access...
Yes, the date mentioned to me was 1 April, lets hope that proves true 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.